Old 08-09-2017 | 05:20 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Good for him!
Old 08-09-2017 | 08:47 PM
AnthonyGS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AWDGuy
I'm a car guy. I have no problem with what he did and would do it in a heart beat if I knew my engine was on its way out and I was going for a LS swap.

that's what real car guys do.

Opinions are like ********

Yes, and yours sucks. Real car guys don't destroy fine machines, due to negligence. Now buying one destroyed by a Hoovie and then doing the swap, props. But what he did is even further out of line than your lame reply.
Old 08-09-2017 | 08:50 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

I just found this guys vids a few days ago.. Funny guy.
Can't wait to see how the LS 996 turns out.
Old 08-09-2017 | 09:09 PM
dan_189
Race Car

I dont mind his videos they are entertaining.

He did run his engine into the ground but I also think he wanted to do an LS swap and saving that engine was never on his agenda.

He obviously thinks destructing engines gets views I guess.
Old 08-09-2017 | 09:15 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...lliams-engine/
This would be the way to go!
Old 08-10-2017 | 09:17 AM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AnthonyGS
Yes, and yours sucks. Real car guys don't destroy fine machines, due to negligence. Now buying one destroyed by a Hoovie and then doing the swap, props. But what he did is even further out of line than your lame reply.
Lol. Again, thats your opinion.

He bought a cheap 911 for this exact purpose, it's not your car so try not to care too much about what a real car guy does with his ride.
Old 08-10-2017 | 09:19 AM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dan_189

He obviously thinks destructing engines gets views I guess.
Thinks? It is getting him views. System works!
Old 08-10-2017 | 09:24 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Thinks? It is getting him views. System works!
We're all watching so it must!!
Old 08-10-2017 | 09:31 AM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Exactly. A real car guy genius really.
Old 08-10-2017 | 10:59 AM
AnthonyGS
Rennlist Member

There is a real fine line between genius and stupidity. You think you're one smart dude but your just the 3rd or 4th smartest guy in our own little reproduction of a Idiocracy. The first film to start as a comedy and become a documentary. Every time you cheer for Hoovie you lose IQ points. Sure you're cool to all the other cool kids starring in Idiocracy 2, but that's the same culture where you stick the medical in your ear, butt, no mouth.... and that's a lot like how Hoovie approaches car work. Sure it's funny, but I'm a lot more careful where I put probes.

But hey if he's your hero, rick on with popcorn. When you get ecoli, I won't feel sorry for you.
Old 08-10-2017 | 11:01 AM
AnthonyGS
Rennlist Member

There is a real fine line between genius and stupidity. You think you're one smart dude but your just the 3rd or 4th smartest guy in our own little reproduction of Idiocracy. The first film to start as a comedy and become a documentary. Every time you cheer for Hoovie you lose IQ points. Cheer more, lose more. Sure you're cool to all the other cool kids starring in Idiocracy 2, but that's the same culture where you stick the medical probe in your ear, butt, no mouth.... and that's a lot like how Hoovie approaches car work. Sure it's funny, but I'm a lot more careful where I put probes.

But hey if he's your hero, rock on with popcorn.
Old 08-10-2017 | 11:42 AM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

There is a real fine line between genius and stupidity. You think you're one smart dude but your just the 3rd or 4th smartest guy in our own little reproduction of a Idiocracy. The first film to start as a comedy and become a documentary. Every time you cheer for Hoovie you lose IQ points. Sure you're cool to all the other cool kids starring in Idiocracy 2, but that's the same culture where you stick the medical in your ear, butt, no mouth.... and that's a lot like how Hoovie approaches car work. Sure it's funny, but I'm a lot more careful where I put probes.

But hey if he's your hero, rick on with popcorn. When you get ecoli, I won't feel sorry for you.
I cheer for Hoovie because:

1 -- He bought a 240,000 mile 996 and celebrated the fact that it was still amazingly good, even at this age and mileage.
2 -- He is doing an LS Swap. There aren't enough of these, and it's a great idea that might hopefully develop the kit into something that easier and easier to attain for the average Joe. At the moment, these kits are still difficult and expensive, enough for most folks to simply choose a flat-6. Nothing against a flat-6, but if the LS could be done for 1/2 the cost (today it cannot), then I think more folks would be up for it, especially given that it would make the 996 significantly faster.
Old 08-10-2017 | 11:56 AM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

lmao.
Old 08-10-2017 | 12:00 PM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by murphyslaw1978
I cheer for Hoovie because:

1 -- He bought a 240,000 mile 996 and celebrated the fact that it was still amazingly good, even at this age and mileage.
2 -- He is doing an LS Swap. There aren't enough of these, and it's a great idea that might hopefully develop the kit into something that easier and easier to attain for the average Joe. At the moment, these kits are still difficult and expensive, enough for most folks to simply choose a flat-6. Nothing against a flat-6, but if the LS could be done for 1/2 the cost (today it cannot), then I think more folks would be up for it, especially given that it would make the 996 significantly faster.
I just love a good hotrod project. American muscle with German handling. It's going to be a sweet machine.

let the haters do their thing. That's what's great about this hobby, our personalities come out in our mods. Not everyone will love what you do but at the end of the day its your car so who really cares? This a qwirky car for a qwirky guy lol
Old 08-10-2017 | 01:01 PM
AnthonyGS
Rennlist Member

I have nothing against an LS swap. However if this Hoovie character were half the enlightened hot rodder some of you are claiming, he would've sold a rebuildable M96 core for a good chunk of his swap cost. But he isn't enlightened or a hot rodder. He's just another comedic YouTuber.

An LS swap will never cost half what it does today. Costs are going sky high right now because the demand for LS engines is through the roof. It really is an amazing feat of engineering.

Quick Reply: Hoovie killed his 996