Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Shady dealership possibly trying to weasel out of warranty work on a rebuild.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 03:37 PM
hydrolaw
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shady dealership possibly trying to weasel out of warranty work on a rebuild.

EDIT

Last edited by hydrolaw; 07-06-2016 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:47 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Is it a Porsche dealership? Did they say who rebuilt the engine? If It's a Porsche reman engine, its engine number (driver side right above the sump plate) should have "AT" in it.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:00 PM
kromdom
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

What did your BILL OF SALE say? And what did the "warranty" stipulate, particularly the FINE PRINT?

I am not a lawyer but IMHO, that above two documents which is what BUYER and SELLER signed, will determine what recourse you may have, if any.

Best of luck.

P.S. May I suggest consulting a lawyer about slander/oral defamation before you go on the war path!
Old 06-09-2016, 04:05 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,913 Likes on 2,903 Posts

i would suggest holding back from any sort of defamatory name calling until you have all the facts. waiting a year after indy tells you there are issues?? not so bright

just exactly what is in your sales paperwork regarding the engine work? did the dealership state it was a complete rebuild, used engine replacement, factory engine replacement, etc.?

during the anticipated purchase, with heightened emotions and excitement running at top speed, what you think you heard can be a lot different than what was stated or written on the sales paperwork.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrolaw

So my question to you guys is this: What would you do in this situation, and what should my plan of attack be if the worst possible scenario comes to light- i.e.- Porsche not standing behind this and warrantying the work. I should be beyond angry that this could even occur, but I'd rather channel my energy in a positive way so that other customers are not duped as I have been.
First thing I would do is have a conversation with the place that you bought the car from instead of going keyboard bat$hit on RL. Gotta tell yuh though your anger and anxiety is a bit over the top.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:09 PM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,181 Likes on 756 Posts

So Porsche (a dealer) rebuilt an engine with IMS bearing failure that detonated? Not likely. As Ahsai asked - what is the engine number? That will tell all. A leaky rear main seal is not the end of the world...aggravating but not the worst. Hopefully the Porsche dealer will work with you on this one, or, if not, replace seal and move on. @45K there will be a lot more to address in the future. I understand your frustration, but.....I would not go "Postal" on this one.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:12 PM
hydrolaw
Advanced

edit

Old 06-09-2016, 04:13 PM
JimmyB
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Old 06-09-2016, 04:17 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

I'm not going to defame anyone until this has been resolved. I can post the paperwork with all dealership names blacked out for you guys to look at. The car was not sold as an engine rebuild, it was merely mentioned by the salesman. I have the paperwork and will post. I am not going to get emotional and do rash stuff. I'm a level guy, and will go through the proper channels first. The engine was rebuilt by the dealer, not by anyone else. It was their car that detonated on a test drive.
looking forward to reviewing the paperwork
Old 06-09-2016, 04:18 PM
hydrolaw
Advanced

edit

Old 06-09-2016, 04:22 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 795 Posts

Old 06-09-2016, 04:28 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

And please, I said I'm channeling my anger in a positive way. This is not a small issue, and being a bit perturbed is completely justified. I'm going through the proper channels first. If it turns out that the RMS was not replaced, and is not warrantied, then I will go through the porper channels to find out why. I'm not about to defame someone based on a mistake on my part or theirs. Naming and shaming is the absolute last resort, and I take no pleasure in hurting someone's business. I simply don't. I can afford to have this fixed no matter what the cost, and I'm not about to put myself out there in a way that would make me look anything less than good if this situation isn't resolved. My personal integrity and character is far more important than a few thousand dollars. That is chump change.
Then move on and get it fixed.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:31 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

And please, I said I'm channeling my anger in a positive way. This is not a small issue, and being a bit perturbed is completely justified. I'm going through the proper channels first. If it turns out that the RMS was not replaced, and is not warrantied, then I will go through the porper channels to find out why. I'm not about to defame someone based on a mistake on my part or theirs. Naming and shaming is the absolute last resort, and I take no pleasure in hurting someone's business. I simply don't. I can afford to have this fixed no matter what the cost, and I'm not about to put myself out there in a way that would make me look anything less than good if this situation isn't resolved. My personal integrity and character is far more important than a few thousand dollars. That is chump change.
less talk - more paperwork
Old 06-09-2016, 04:34 PM
hydrolaw
Advanced

Here they are

https://i.imgur.com/qFpLNl2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/F9FMD5q.jpg?1
Old 06-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Is this it?

http://www.porscheofhuntington.com/u...era-4_s-u1377/

Quick Reply: Shady dealership possibly trying to weasel out of warranty work on a rebuild.