996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

#$@! Blew my engine today #&*#@!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 07:54 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,837 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Wild Bill, did you "blow your engine today"?

Did you hear any ticking noises? marbles in the can noise?

bwahahahaa
Old 12-20-2017, 07:58 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

how often is too much for injector cleaner [KK stats]
Old 12-20-2017, 08:00 PM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Received 786 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by b3freak
Wild Bill, did you "blow your engine today"?

Did you hear any ticking noises? marbles in the can noise?

bwahahahaa
Naw...not today! Should I worry about not hearing anything today, even though I didn't start it? Should I mouse proof it? Do I need to pull the engine and detail it completely using a tooth brush? I have driven out of the driveway in the past! OH CRAP! I'm doomed! Does this mean flat bed to a dealer or what...?

BTW IMSB!
Old 12-20-2017, 08:01 PM
Flat6Music
Pro

Received 230 Likes on 122 Posts

I agree with everyone that make sense here. Those that don't get it, don't have to. That was an overreaction by stubborn hall monitors on a power trip. That thread was not only fun and unpredictable, but I also suspect that it caused a number of people to spend more time per day at this site. Those same people would then peruse the rest of the 996 board, or the one that was specific to their vehicle, and then participate in sharing information on another thread that they perhaps would've never seen because they won't visit again until they need their own questions answered. How many hobby/enthusiast sites do most people belong to? Out of those, how many people visit them everyday? I belong to a few. I don't visit them daily because I don't require information about them daily. I certainly don't need information about my Porsches daily either. Suddenly shutting down a four year old thread that enjoyed multiple posts daily was no better than the host of a party standing on a table and urinating into the punch bowl simply because they can. "Hey! Thanks for your membership dollars. Drink up!"

IMSB
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by AWDGuy
and you really wonder why mods have to clean **** up around here?
You make disparaging comments on something we put a lot of effort into and it's all good. I make a remark about something you put a lot of effort into and you squeal "mods!" I knew kids like you in high school. Luckily I don't have to put up with them anymore in life.

Nobody asked for your opinion on this thread or invited you to this conversation. And since it's non-technical and you are against non-technical threads, there is no reason for you to chime in.
wildbilly32
Drifting

Originally Posted by extanker
how often is too much for injector cleaner [KK stats]
I put some in every day even if I don't drive it. Is that too much?

IMSB!
Old 12-20-2017, 08:05 PM
extanker
Banned

Originally Posted by wildbilly32
I put some in every day even if I don't drive it. Is that too much?

IMSB!
is anything TOO much on these forums
Old 12-20-2017, 08:08 PM
wildbilly32
Drifting

is anything TOO much on these forums
Nope! Especially harmless fun. It's just to bad some people can't laugh at themselves or others being entertaining.

IMSB

too
to͞o/
adverb
  1. 1.
    to a higher degree than is desirable, permissible, or possible; excessively.
    "he was driving too fast"synonyms:excessively, overly, over, unduly, immoderately, inordinately, unreasonably, extremely, exorbitantly, very;
    informaltoo-too
    "invasion would be too risky
IMSB
Old 12-20-2017, 08:24 PM
extanker
Banned

Originally Posted by wildbilly32
Nope! Especially harmless fun. It's just to bad some people can't laugh at themselves or others being entertainin
too
to͞o/
adverb
  1. 1.
    to a higher degree than is desirable, permissible, or possible; excessively.
    "he was driving too fast"synonyms:excessively, overly, over, unduly, immoderately, inordinately, unreasonably, extremely, exorbitantly, very;
    informaltoo-too
    "invasion would be too risky
IMSB
many will not laugh at themselves.....they are dead serious about where to put their cell phones,parking on a angle,lawn sprinkler under car for washing,injector cleaner every 1 k ,opening engine cover and running fan after every drive,detailing after every drive,what fragrance for inside [summers eve] etc ......they walk among us
Old 12-20-2017, 08:39 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,837 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6Music
I agree with everyone that make sense here. Those that don't get it, don't have to. That was an overreaction by stubborn hall monitors on a power trip. That thread was not only fun and unpredictable, but I also suspect that it caused a number of people to spend more time per day at this site. Those same people would then peruse the rest of the 996 board, or the one that was specific to their vehicle, and then participate in sharing information on another thread that they perhaps would've never seen because they won't visit again until they need their own questions answered. How many hobby/enthusiast sites do most people belong to? Out of those, how many people visit them everyday? I belong to a few. I don't visit them daily because I don't require information about them daily. I certainly don't need information about my Porsches daily either. Suddenly shutting down a four year old thread that enjoyed multiple posts daily was no better than the host of a party standing on a table and urinating into the punch bowl simply because they can. "Hey! Thanks for your membership dollars. Drink up!"

IMSB
Hey man... tell us your car in back home for Christmas. Is it? Surely it's not still in the shop. If so, I would charge the insurance company every day you've had to spend without your 996. Give us updates man. How long has it been now???
Old 12-20-2017, 09:00 PM
wildbilly32
Drifting

many will not laugh at themselves.....they are dead serious about where to put their cell phones,parking on a angle,lawn sprinkler under car for washing,injector cleaner every 1 k ,opening engine cover and running fan after every drive,detailing after every drive,what fragrance for inside [summers eve] etc ......they walk among us
Eggzackery the problem! I think others try to get those types to realize the silliness of their seriousness over trivial matters. It creates butthurtness in those serious types. Life is too short to let everything cause drama. Laugher(even at oneself) is truly the best medicine.

Oh crap...almost forgot IMSB!
Old 12-20-2017, 10:01 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 454 Likes on 293 Posts

Hey all, sorry to be the poop in the punch bowl, but I'm going to lock this thread so that it doesn't get abyssed. We can try and start a new shenanigans thread and see if it lasts.

^^^^ Thread Locker^^^^

EDIT: Ooops, almost forgot, "IMSB!!!"

Quick Reply: #$@! Blew my engine today #&*#@!