Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Geeforce
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just planning ahead with this purchase as i don't have the 911 yet.
My question relates to the dimensions of the seat. I have the Graco Turbo series booster seats. The size is 16" wide by 15" deep. By the photos here, it looks like the Harmony booster fits the best but I noticed on the company web page that the dimensions are 16" wide x 17 " deep. Is there something about the shape of the harmony that allows it to fit better even though the dimensions are similar to the graco?

http://lotpro.com/blogphotos/Misc%20...rboBooster.jpg

The cup holders slide back into the base of the seat

Last edited by Geeforce; 09-30-2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: added text
Old 09-30-2010, 11:05 AM
frisbee91
Three Wheelin'

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Geeforce
My question relates to the dimensions of the seat. I have the Graco Turbo series booster seats. The size is 16" wide by 15" deep. By the photos here, it looks like the Harmony booster fits the best but I noticed on the company web page that the dimensions are 16" wide x 17 " deep. Is there something about the shape of the harmony that allows it to fit better even though the dimensions are similar to the graco?
The Harmony literider booster tapers a bit, so that it is narrower on the bottom at the back. That helps the fit.
That doesn't mean that the Graco turbo won't fit. I haven't tried it, but it looks kind of squareish. When you get your 911, test fit the the Graco Turbo and report back (with pictures!). If they don't fit, the Harmony literider is cheap at Walmart.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:06 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

To the top for member larry47us.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Flipmo.....I am actually ordering that seat this week. I'll post pics up of that seat installed in both my Turbo and CAB.
Hi Dell,

Can you post pics of the seat on your cab? I have a2007 997 C4S Cab and would like to know fit as well as buckle clearance once seat is in so my daughters can buckle themselves.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up AWESOME TIP!

Originally Posted by call911s
I just picked up the harmony booster seat as well for my new C4S(yes, pics to come once it gets a pumpkinectomy). The seat works great, outside of the spacing issues for the buckle. I decided to take matters into my own hands and pull the cover off and heat each "armrest" where it connects with the base with a hair dryer until nice and warm (1-2 mins). I then took the heated side and dipped it into a sink of cold water for a few mins, leaning on the seat to get the desired angle. Did both sides, and now it fits like a charm, and actually slides all the way to the back of the seat. The bonus is now my daughter can actually do the buckle herself!

I have had the same Harmony booster seats for a less than a year and had the same frustration with the challenges with the spacing between the armrests and buckle. After reading your post I went out to the garage and used my heat gun to perform the same mod.

It worked out perfectly! I used a bungee to pull the arm rests in while I used the heat gun to soften the plastic. Here are some pics and many thanks.
Attached Images      
Old 02-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nc911
Bruce,

Here is that car seat vest I mentioned to you.
It is meant to work like a car seat.

http://www.showeryourbaby.com/risatrvebkid.html

There is a velcro "hans like" add on.
The vest works better without it in a Cab.

G

Somebody looks like they just finished cruising the hwy with Daddy.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:06 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Musclehedz101
Hi Dell,

Can you post pics of the seat on your cab? I have a2007 997 C4S Cab and would like to know fit as well as buckle clearance once seat is in so my daughters can buckle themselves.

Thanks
Are you talking about the Recaro ProBooster? Let me know what type of shots you are looking for and I can get them taken this weekend.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Are you talking about the Recaro ProBooster? Let me know what type of shots you are looking for and I can get them taken this weekend.
Hey Dell,

Thanks for replying but last night I read a post on a simple mod for my existing Harmony literider booster seats ($14.00 at walmart) and it ended up working perfectly for me.

Love this fourm!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Graps
Track Day

Spring fever is hitting and this thread is perfect...Walmart has the Harmony Literider for sale at $17 CDN, so I told my wife to pick up for the 5 year old so I can mod. Now I need to find a front facing seat for my one year old. Any suggestions for my 99cabriolet?

Thanks,
Gary
Old 02-11-2011, 04:18 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Gary, really the only one that works is the Britax Roundabout with the base removed. I know there are a lot of posts in this thread but we have covered EVERYTHING to help with the decision so grab a drink, sit back, and enjoy
Old 03-19-2011, 08:59 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Dell, how well does the Recaro ProBooster fit in the cab? Are your rear seats in or out? Thanks!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:30 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Don, sorry for the late reply. I was out of town this weekend.

The Recaro ProBooster fits perfectly in the CAB and with the seats in place. It's just a little tight to get to the seat belt receiver since it is mounted to the car so far back.....but nothing difficult at all.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:50 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Great, thanks Dell!
Old 03-22-2011, 07:28 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Very welcome. Let me know if you need me to post a pic.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:02 PM
balefire
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Geeforce

fyi, my Graco Turbo from my other car does not fit in my C2 996 coupe. not even close. too wide.
i have been using the recaro vivo since last year which have been updated to the probooster. my kids fit fine in my recaro vivos.

Quick Reply: Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.