Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 09:44 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyK
This threads not serious, right? If so, your responsible for causing the testorerone level of every Rennlist member to nosedive to eunich level. Theres got to be a better place for this subject than the 996 forum.
The main reason why I got the 996 over the Bugatti Veyron is because it had back seats that allowed me to bring my family on my 100+ mph stints and the fact that I could treat it as a disposable item due to the bargain price. Oh, and the GT1 lights were the added bonus that made me feel like I stole it.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine003
The main reason why I got the 996 over the Bugatti Veyron is because it had back seats that allowed me to bring my family on my 100+ mph stints and the fact that I could treat it as a disposable item due to the bargain price. Oh, and the GT1 lights were the added bonus that made me feel like I stole it.
+ you drive your car. This is very good thread for ones with kids. Lets keep it on topic.

PS.....I don't have kids just farty dogs.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Detoxx
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just had a child and the only reason I have a 996 instead of a cayman s or exige s for that matter is because the wife required that I have a back seat for the little one. Once he's past a year of age I'll be purchasing a car seat. Please keep the information coming. Thanks

Oh yea, I have a farty dog and he's not allowed in the 996. He's only allowed in my saabaru and he's quite happy tooling along with his head out the back window
Old 01-27-2013, 01:28 AM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I could treat it as a disposable item due to the bargain price.
Are you referring to the 996, baby seat, family, or what????
Old 01-27-2013, 06:04 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyK
This threads not serious, right? If so, your responsible for causing the testorerone level of every Rennlist member to nosedive to eunich level. Theres got to be a better place for this subject than the 996 forum.
What forum would you suggest for discussion about baby seats that fit in a 996?

Oh, and if your testosterone level drops by witnessing a discussion about baby seats, I guess you didn't have as much to spare as the rest of us.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:08 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Anyway, I used a car seat that I got from Dell for a short while (thanks Dell!) and then switched to a Maxi Cosi Mico without the base. It is a very tight fit but this is one of the few seats that will fit in a 996 if necessary. The passenger seat does have to be moved forward by an insane amount.

If anyone is interested I might know where a guy could get a well-kept but used Intense Red version of this seat for a reasonable price.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:48 PM
Neb
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

This is the reason I got a 996 also, I wish i had a cayman. We just had our second little one, the first one is 4. I have him in the back in a Sushine kids seat (now known as Diono), it's narrow enough to fit in the back and secures properly. I just wish the 996 has latch. Just bought a cheap booster
here and other members have said this fits perfectly for the 996. I can't wait till my son is 40lbs.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
Old 01-27-2013, 10:31 PM
9964runner
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en[/QUOTE]

Picked-up two of those last month when we flew to NYC and wanted something for taxi rides. Nice to know they'll fit in the 996, girls are itching to go for a ride.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:55 PM
alpine003
Banned

Originally Posted by Neb
Just bought a cheap booster
here and other members have said this fits perfectly for the 996. I can't wait till my son is 40lbs.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
I believe this is similar if not the same as the Cosco name sold in the states. Can be had at Walmart all day for under $20 or $15 on sale. IIRC, for a perfect fit, some have taken a heat gun and bent the ends in slightly.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:12 PM
Jeremy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems this post got a bit hijacked from Penna944's inquiry. I can be added to the list of Rennlisters having a child this summer and am interested in any infant solutions, preferaby that are rear seat rear facing. It seems we have several options for toddlers, but for our collective benefit please keep em' coming with infant solutions. Many thanks in advance -

Jeremy
Old 01-31-2013, 02:57 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy
Seems this post got a bit hijacked from Penna944's inquiry. I can be added to the list of Rennlisters having a child this summer and am interested in any infant solutions, preferaby that are rear seat rear facing. It seems we have several options for toddlers, but for our collective benefit please keep em' coming with infant solutions. Many thanks in advance -

Jeremy
https://www.suncoastparts.com/mm5/me...e=95504480287x
Old 01-31-2013, 03:02 PM
Jeremy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

roadsession my many thanks for the reply. It appears that this is a rear facing FRONT seat - any chance you have any recommendations for a rear facing REAR seat for an infant? With appreciation -

Jeremy
Old 01-31-2013, 03:15 PM
alpine003
Banned

roadsession my many thanks for the reply. It appears that this is a rear facing FRONT seat - any chance you have any recommendations for a rear facing REAR seat for an infant? With appreciation -

Jeremy
Unfortunately, Porsche no longer offers a rearward facing rear seat any longer. When I was looking awhile ago, it was difficult in finding a rearward facing baby seat for the rear of our cars. Luckily back then Porsche did have a rebranded Britax that was also made for the back.

Here's an old photo:
Old 01-31-2013, 04:04 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Jeremy
Jeremy,
when my son was an infant I actually had him rear facing in a Combi Cocorro in the rear seat with the front passenger seat about 60% of it's fwd travel limit.

When he turned 2 I bought the Porsche G1+G2 Junior seat from the dealer (part no 955 044 800 44) and it fits in the rear seat of the Porsche and he loves that seat and now everyone can travel in comfort in the P car because his legs dangle down and the front passenger seat can actually be at about 20% of it's fwd travel limit and there's still plenty of space.

The G1+G2 seat actually works age 9months and up. It is a much different technology than standard car seats because of the large foam bolster technology that eliminates soft tissue damage. All my friends in Europe use that from about 9 months to 1 year up....In the US we are much more paranoid about that stuff because of the aggressive car seat lobby here (most of their funding comes from car seat manufacturers - surprise)

Here's the seat in my car:

and here's a factory pic : (NOT MY KID OR MY CAR )

BTW: my son was born a Porsche fanatic. I'm not kidding - when I'm home he insists on riding in the "Porscha" even if we are doing a 3 hour trip to NYC. He's been that way since he could say Porsche (which was about 1 yo)
Old 02-01-2013, 01:30 AM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Some of you guys seriously bought a 996 for a family car??

The 996 is probably one of the most cramped, uncomfortable, one-dimensional sports cars out there.

I feel like Im wedged into a sardine can when Im in mine, although a very stylish one. I couldnt imagine trying to get a car seat in and out of the back.

Maybe I need my T-level checked?

Quick Reply: Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.