Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 10:10 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Got that harmony in the mail the other day and its perfect! narrow enough and does the job
Old 07-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Geeforce
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Just reviving the thread since I am moving my boy from the Roundabout to a booster. Starting the search and will post back. Just wanted to bring this back to the top since it seems to be a good repository of info.
I would be interested in seeing what boosters fit as well.....
Old 07-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

A while back I got a Recaro booster seat with removable back.

It seems to be made for 911s and other exotic (read tiny) backseats.
My daugher loves it and the back has side head protection for my little girl.

It was about $100 on sale at a local children's store called Bergstroms.
http://www.bergstroms.com/bergstroms...F&dept_id=4319

All my buddies laugh when they see the "Recaro" carseat through the rear window , ha, but my girl loves it.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:16 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Dave, what model is that? Looks like that is the ProBooster correct? Do you have any pics of it installed? Thanks!

Last edited by LVDell; 07-28-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:44 AM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

UPDATE on Graco Snugride:

I removed the rear seats and test fitted the Graco Snugride.
It doesn't work at all as the passenger seat needs to move so far forward I don't think my wife will be able to sit there at all.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:47 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

You'll have to define what "it doesn't work at all" means. It fits just fine, is VERY secure, and does the job right. With that said, and as we have all said, the seat has to move pretty far forward to accommodate a rear facing seat (even this model which is the smallest out there).

The rear facing is a serious compromise in comfort but it is only temporary since the baby will outgrow the seat BEFORE they can move to forward facing at 1 year.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:19 PM
call911s
Rennlist Member

I just picked up the harmony booster seat as well for my new C4S(yes, pics to come once it gets a pumpkinectomy). The seat works great, outside of the spacing issues for the buckle. I decided to take matters into my own hands and pull the cover off and heat each "armrest" where it connects with the base with a hair dryer until nice and warm (1-2 mins). I then took the heated side and dipped it into a sink of cold water for a few mins, leaning on the seat to get the desired angle. Did both sides, and now it fits like a charm, and actually slides all the way to the back of the seat. The bonus is now my daughter can actually do the buckle herself!
Old 07-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LVDell
Dave, what model is that? Looks like that is the ProBooster correct? Do you have any pics of it installed? Thanks!
Hey Dell, yes it is the Probooster, there's a link above.

I'll try to get a pic or two of it in the backseat.

It has a very small base that fits our back seats, the nice side protection, plus the back can be removed later.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:07 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Awesome, thanks Dave! I'm pretty sure that's the one I'm buying. Just want to see it in another car so the pics will help push me over the top
Old 07-31-2010, 08:09 PM
nc911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bruce,

Here is that car seat vest I mentioned to you.
It is meant to work like a car seat.

http://www.showeryourbaby.com/risatrvebkid.html

There is a velcro "hans like" add on.
The vest works better without it in a Cab.

G
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2010, 02:53 AM
shammi
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Mabuhay
Ok, the wife is on a mission to get several car seats. I might as well get something that will fit my cars. Anyone out here know if the Britax Boulevard will fit due to the "narrow requirements" of the 911's back seat?

http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/boulevard

Ok, I answered my own question. We bought the Britax Boulevard and it fits fine. I removed the rear back seat rest so that the child seat would fit better. At first, I removed the seat cushion but ended up putting it back since the child seat fit better with it.

By the way, the middle bolt is a 4mm hex head. The plastic cover slides FORWARDS towards the front of the car. If you don't slide it forward and just pull up, it will break the plastic piece underneath that fits against the bolt. Ask me how I know. The side bolt looks like a Torx, but a 6mm hex head fit perfectly to remove it. The plastic cover pops out towards the center of the car.
I already had 2 boulevards for my 2.5 year old from my other cars. After some research, removed the bottom cushion in my 997.2 cab and tried it out. Worked fine. Daughter fit in fine. However there was barely any space for her legs to move; a little wiggle room would be nice. Took my car in for it's first 2 day service indicator reset and asked the dealers to remove the back seat as well. That bought us an extra inch. Back at home, I spent quite some time tweaking the seat incline, placing a towel, etc. The cabriolet makes it a little hard to optimize. Even with the most forward incline setting on the boulevard, the seat rear does not sit flushed with the rear. Tilting the seat forward to achieve that does buy you significant room, but is hard to secure.

While it does work, I'm keeping an eye out for alternatives.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Dell, sorry it took me a bit, but here are a few pics of the Recaro Probooster:

Old 08-11-2010, 07:52 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Dave, those are great, thanks for posting. And your daughter is absolutely a cutie!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:23 AM
FlipMo
4th Gear

Thanks Meister for the pics. I dont know if it will fit in my '04 C4S Cab. Does anyone have pics of a carseat installed in a C4S Cab?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:46 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Flipmo.....I am actually ordering that seat this week. I'll post pics up of that seat installed in both my Turbo and CAB.

Quick Reply: Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.