Sponsored by:

Cary/Apex Coffee and Bagels

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 04:32 PM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Great time today. Here is a sampling of the pictures.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:41 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Coffee and Oil Coolers

Here are photos from the Wake Zone this morning, and the oil cooler cleaning.

BTW, today was our first Caronas Region PCA mtg. It was great to meet the PCA members today: Tony and his son Keane, Mark and Scott. Someone arrived in a turbo as I left, but I didn't have the chance to meet him - perhaps next week.

So, here's who was there from our regulars:

Ken (928s4)
Dell (Mercedes)
Scott (white C4S)
Martin (black C4S)
Rich (blue Boxster)
Bruce (red Cayman S)
Randy (blue 996 Aero)
Jeff (grey 996)
Peter (arena red Boxster)
John (brown 911 Targa)
Michael (black 911 Carrera coupe)

Thanks for a great start to the weekend. See you next weekend.

Bob
Attached Images           
Old 05-09-2009, 04:42 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Great, I forgot to thank Dell again (for helping with the oil coolers). Thanks, Dell!!!
Bob
Old 05-09-2009, 04:47 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Forgot this one. I found a paper towel, part of a bird, 2 cigarette butts, a cigarette celophane wrapper, and all the other debris you would expect in my oil coolers.

Bob
Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Rotokim,

Nice pics re the oil cooler cleaning... did you notice any difference after the cleaning?

You guys really have a great group!!
Old 05-10-2009, 09:29 AM
desidon
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Whoa...a projector and a laptop...this looks official!! I am surprised the ladies from the "other" club let you get in the back there...

-Manil
Old 05-10-2009, 10:13 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Hi, Dutchie - I really haven't driven long enough to see a difference yet. But, with temperatures in the 90s now, I'm pretty sure I'll see measurable change. My temp wasn't bad to begin with, even when it was really hot and I was in traffic. But, I didn't want to take any chances with the rigorous pace we'll have for 3 days at the DE on Memorial Day weekend.

The DE is the motivation behind changing oil, changing transmission fluid, cleaning out oil coolers, changing tires, getting the alignment adjusted, etc. I think you said you won't be at the DE in a couple weeks - is that right? If you're going to be there, I'd like to meet you.

Manil - the "other" club (aka "single mothers with small babies who are untrusting of guys with Porsches" or SMSBWAUGWP) wasn't there. The presentation was from Club Ferdinand re upcoming PCA gatherings out in Banner Elk, NC. Sounds like fun.

Bob
Old 05-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rotokim
Hi, Dutchie - I really haven't driven long enough to see a difference yet. But, with temperatures in the 90s now, I'm pretty sure I'll see measurable change. My temp wasn't bad to begin with, even when it was really hot and I was in traffic. But, I didn't want to take any chances with the rigorous pace we'll have for 3 days at the DE on Memorial Day weekend.

The DE is the motivation behind changing oil, changing transmission fluid, cleaning out oil coolers, changing tires, getting the alignment adjusted, etc. I think you said you won't be at the DE in a couple weeks - is that right? If you're going to be there, I'd like to meet you.
I am going to the DE at CMP next weekend... very excited.

Hopefully I can join you guys one morning in RDU!
Old 05-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Fissionx
Racer

Oil cooler? Looks like a radiator and a/c condenser to me.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:05 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the clarification, Dan. I don't want to be inaccurate. Are they radiators and A/C condensors on both sides? They look the same - I have no idea what they cool. I only know that they were a little bit of a hassle to get to, they were filthy and I could't have done it without the help of my Wake Zone friends.

It was a great day. Hope you'll join us sometime - we have a PCA Carolinas Region/Triangle meeting once a month now (just started last Saturday).

Bob
Old 05-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

They are A/C condensers and radiators on both sides.

If you really want to get frisky for your DE, I have a GT3 suspension for sale, it's cheap and local!
Old 05-11-2009, 04:45 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the clarification. I'll have to pass on the GT3 suspension - I'm still too much of a novice to warrant that kind of suspension.

Bob
Old 05-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Come out to VIR this weekend Bob, I'll be instructing there with my 911 (which is also running full GT3 suspension ), though if I can get a buddy to drive my Corvette up there, I'll probably do a session or two in that car also.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:05 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Thanks, Ahmet. But, I won't be able to visit VIR this weekend. I'm watching the kids all weekend while my wife's away. I'm going to have a tough time waking them in time to join me at the WZ.

Bob
Old 05-11-2009, 05:39 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rotokim
Thanks, Ahmet. But, I won't be able to visit VIR this weekend. I'm watching the kids all weekend while my wife's away. I'm going to have a tough time waking them in time to join me at the WZ.

Bob
Bob,

You need to bribe them to wake up on time

Michael led the way for the morning drive with three PCA members who showed for the first time, including the yellow turbo. We still had to watch for bicyclists and the only law enforcement spotted was a pair of state troopers parked under a gas station (I think) awning downtown, a few blocks before the water tower.

I'm sure your A/C will work better without all that crap blocking the cooling fins which can evenutally lead to corrosion with leaks if left on too long.

John

Quick Reply: Cary/Apex Coffee and Bagels