996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

08 Nissan GTR - is it the real deal

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I see some true colours on this forum and some are very dark and others quite colourful.
I did not buy a P car to get respect at the valet ???? Sad to know some do.
I did not buy a P car because it is not Asian engineering either.
I also didn't buy a P car becuase it is more realiable than a Honda or Toyota.
It was its looks and race heritage that I have always admired...that having said the Japanese on the other side of the world has theirs too. Take a moment a count how many Japanese product you own and use in your daily life. You may be surprise how far they have come.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:13 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
So I see some true colours on this forum and some are very dark and others quite colourful.
I did not buy a P car to get respect at the valet ???? Sad to know some do.
I did not buy a P car because it is not Asian engineering either.
I also didn't buy a P car becuase it is more realiable than a Honda or Toyota.
It was its looks and race heritage that I have always admired...that having said the Japanese on the other side of the world has theirs too. Take a moment a count how many Japanese product you own and use in your daily life. You may be surprise how far they have come.
Well I would think people on this and any forum should be true to what they believe in. I say this because, if you met the people in person, which happens, I would want people to know who I am ahead of time. I am wondering if I am 'dark' or 'colourful', doesn't really matter.

I used the 'valet' as an example and not as to why people buy a Porsche. And I can tell you that there are thousands of Porsche owners that are not on this forum that bought theres just for respect and to be viewed differently in there life as they drive around in it and nothing more. It's just another car in there garage. When it comes time to take there significant other out for a nice dinner, instead of driving the DD car, they jump into the Porsche.

Why you bought the Porsche falls into the main percentage of why others on this forum did too, and good for you. But again, don't think that every Porsche owner did. I can tell you I bought mine because I wanted one for multiple reasons and not just a couple, and I am not afraid to say taht one of those reasons was because I wanted to be seen by my peers has achieving goals as I grow in my career.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:26 PM
exlondoner
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
I am not afraid to say taht one of those reasons was because I wanted to be seen by my peers has achieving goals as I grow in my career.
+1
Old 02-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by exlondoner
+1
Believe it or not, for me, I can only give a +.5 to this one. While I do like the recognition on one side of the sword, the other has me playing down my car more often than hyping it up. Call it my inability to accept compliments well...

Anyways,

I know it feels good to pull up in your 8 year old car and still get love, but honestly, the GTR is going to get more love than your 911 even in LA. Times are changing, guys. The foothold Porsche had when you were growing up is no longer and will continue to slip in 5 years if competition continues to kill like Nissan is doing here.

Remember how a 3-series got you mad love in the early 90s? It's no longer the case. I couldn't care less if that chick/dude was rolling a brand new spanking 335 or Infiniti G35. It's all the same level of perception to me and that's a big change from back in my hs days since Infiniti didn't even leave any sort of mark with the G20, that I30 thing IIRC... etc.

Progress... Porsche 911 needs to step up its game and the GTR is gonna make sure of it.

So you guys can cling onto your 911 timeless stick for a bit longer and huddle up together in this 911 cozy corner of the internet, but believe me... that stick is starting to look more like a dated twig nowadays (e.g. R8). If anyone's got a shot at keeping its position on the throne, it's Porsche. We'll see how things go. My money goes to the winner.

So enjoy your rides for what it is... so don't tell me I didn't warn ya when that GTR is getting much more love when you're parking lot pimpin'.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:46 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
Believe it or not, for me, I can only give a +.5 to this one. While I do like the recognition on one side of the sword, the other has me playing down my car more often than hyping it up. Call it my inability to accept compliments well...

Anyways,

I know it feels good to pull up in your 8 year old car and still get love, but honestly, the GTR is going to get more love than your 911 even in LA. Times are changing, guys. The foothold Porsche had when you were growing up is no longer and will continue to slip in 5 years if competition continues to kill like Nissan is doing here.

Remember how a 3-series got you mad love in the early 90s? It's no longer the case. I couldn't care less if that chick/dude was rolling a brand new spanking 335 or Infiniti G35. It's all the same level of perception to me and that's a big change from back in my hs days since Infiniti didn't even leave any sort of mark with the G20, that I30 thing IIRC... etc.

Progress... Porsche 911 needs to step up its game and the GTR is gonna make sure of it.

So you guys can cling onto your 911 timeless stick for a bit longer and huddle up together in this 911 cozy corner of the internet, but believe me... that stick is starting to look more like a dated twig nowadays (e.g. R8). If anyone's got a shot at keeping its position on the throne, it's Porsche. We'll see how things go. My money goes to the winner.

So enjoy your rides for what it is... so don't tell me I didn't warn ya when that GTR is getting much more love when you're parking lot pimpin'.
SELL...SELL...SELL your car it obviously does not mean anything to you
Old 02-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
SELL...SELL...SELL your car it obviously does not mean anything to you
wtf
Old 02-28-2008, 02:49 PM
nazhat
Instructor

Back to basics GUYS.......Porsche....there is no substitute!
Old 02-28-2008, 02:50 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by nazhat
Back to basics GUYS.......Porsche....there is no substitute!
Exactly +++++1
Old 02-28-2008, 02:54 PM
omnipresent
Racer

HEY BEN Do you have a deposit on the GT/R? I think you're coming across with an heir of hypocrasy when you nay say the very car you drive is a timeless design! Do you have the same feelings for the C6 ZR1? Surely the GT/R will draw it's fair share of attention in a parking lot (MORESO FROM A PARTICULAR DEMOGRAPHIC) Dare I say the majority of people who do and or/don't know anything about a 911 or GT/R would pay more attention to the P Car?
Old 02-28-2008, 02:59 PM
exlondoner
Racer

Not sure which folks you’re referring too in your last post? I don't need to personally justify why I bought this car but what I will say is that I don't drive down the road hoping people will just drop there things and stare at me in praise.

A Porsche will always be one of the top marques in my book regardless of what other manufacturers come out with, prestige goes a long way Ben.

Regardless I'm not going to wear out the tips of my fingers anymore as you have proved that your simply part of RN to bash and 99% add negative remarks. I love my 996 and intend to stick with Porsche for a long time regardless of what others say.

Porsche doesn't need to step up anything; it's proved time and time again that it will always be there...

Folks enjoy your P cars because there's a reason you bought one and don't let Choi's negativity get in the way – oh also I think you need to sell your poor C4S and pass it onto someone that will appreciate it for what it is….

Said my peace, unsubscribing....
Old 02-28-2008, 03:03 PM
ls911
Pro

Originally Posted by Blackness
It's all apples and oranges guys.
That is the bottom line. Not sure why all the hate over it. Much of all this is a bit funny and I'm taking it as that. I love my Toyotas for what they are and bring to the table. The bratwurst burning P-car just so happens to bring out the sauerkraut in me. No need to cut down the Japanese made cars over it.
Hp is not everything, size does matter though
The term jap car is weak.
C C C unit, lighten up on those meds pal, go back to F dreaming
Old 02-28-2008, 03:03 PM
nazhat
Instructor

Amen my friend!
Old 02-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by omnipresent
HEY BEN Do you have a deposit on the GT/R? I think you're coming across with an heir of hypocrasy when you nay say the very car you drive is a timeless design! Do you have the same feelings for the C6 ZR1? Surely the GT/R will draw it's fair share of attention in a parking lot (MORESO FROM A PARTICULAR DEMOGRAPHIC) Dare I say the majority of people who do and or/don't know anything about a 911 or GT/R would pay more attention to the P Car?
I think I made it pretty clear bud that I wouldn't buy this thing or trade my pork4s for it.

i can still love my car and still recognize game at the same time. it's not an either/or proposition nor is porsche or X brand car a religion for me, but i see this is really getting to some sensitive parts of Rennlist and i find it absolutely comical.

yes, the GTR will get more attn period over any 911.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:07 PM
nazhat
Instructor

JAP car is short for crappy JAP car, lol! Just kidding. Take it easy!
I bought a P because I always wanted one.
Nissan has brought back the GT-R, way to go, awesome power and control and thats fine. At the end of the day.....its not a Porsche.

Lets give it 6 months to a year and see how it holds up.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by nazhat
JAP car is short for crappy JAP car, lol! Just kidding. Take it easy!
Why don't you tell a Japanese person esp those that happened to be forcefully moved from their homes (imagine you removed from any access to your own bed and nice garage with your porsche inside it) to a remote part of the nation for no other good reason than you happened to be of japanese decent living in free America.... to take it easy.

your life stalled that youll never get that time back, men women and children.

you should give your $15 back.

next

Quick Reply: 08 Nissan GTR - is it the real deal