Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Cleaned out the garage today! Tons of 996 stuff for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 10:05 AM
quest76
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone heard from Joe or received their stuff???
Old 10-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Talked with him a couple of times Friday. My stuff should have been shipped yesterday. He got tied up with a Mercedes mess on a trip. I will let him elaborate.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:26 AM
racer08
Advanced

I'm still waiting on my PSE that he said shipped out on Oct. 1. I've e-mailed him 4 times and left a voice message on his cell phone and have not heard back from him since last Tuesday. Beginning to feel like I've gotten screwed and gave my Fabspeeds away.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Keep us posted....
Old 10-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
Keep us posted....
Well, have lost complete contact with him this week so I am back on the nervous side? Will keep everyone informed.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:39 PM
K996
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 54 Posts

Hmm...I'm watching with some level of interest since I was the first guy to back out on the power seats after the whole thing didn't add up to my satisfaction.

Hope you guys get your stuff.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:31 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Oh crap, he we go again. A guy pays the registration and joins last month and then immediately starts posting for sale items then to never be seen again. Pretty good return for his $18.

However, let's not crucify the guy just yet. He very well may have a good reason. And hopefully he chimes in soon.

Regardless, I would NEVER buy anything from another board member that has ONLY been on the board for less than a month. Anybody can pony up $18, but it takes time to earn a reputation and gain the respect of your peers.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Update. Joe just called and will call me back after work with the tracking # on my shipment. At this point I will just say he is not good at communications Again, will keep everyone posted.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:25 PM
racer08
Advanced

Steven,

I've had a tracking number for my PSE for 12 days now and it hasn't done me any good. When I go to UPS website to track it just says "Billing Information Received". I've e-mailed 5 times and called and left 2 voice messages for him. He said last week he would have his wife check into it and that's the last I've heard from him. I can't seem to get him to call or e-mail me back. So what I'm saying is even if you get a tracking number all still may not be well. I hope you're right and he's just poor at communicating, but I'm not sure. Has anyone actually met Joe? Didn't he say in one of his posts that some one drove to his house and picked up a windscreen or something. Maybe they could actually chime in here. Steven I'm also sent you a PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:56 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

WTF? 12 days and still no package? UPS/FedEx ground could ship a package from Bangor, Maine to San Diego, CA and back again in 12 days!

Lucy.....somebody's gots so splainin' to do
Old 10-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Big6Dad
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LVDell
Oh crap, he we go again. A guy pays the registration and joins last month and then immediately starts posting for sale items then to never be seen again. Pretty good return for his $18.

However, let's not crucify the guy just yet. He very well may have a good reason. And hopefully he chimes in soon.

Regardless, I would NEVER buy anything from another board member that has ONLY been on the board for less than a month. Anybody can pony up $18, but it takes time to earn a reputation and gain the respect of your peers.
Agreed. I bought a set of wheels from a rennlister. Checked his number of posts. Over 800 or so. The deal whent through without a hitch...

I never liked the sellers avitar anyway.......Way look at me...Oh, and I have a Porsche.......

Last edited by Big6Dad; 10-11-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:55 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Yep Just got a notice from Paypal and UPS that a 2 lbs. shipment was on its way to me. Unfortunately sport seats weigh a lot more than 2 lbs.

Joe still reads this board since not long after posting he will call me.

Joe, you have some esplainin to do for everyone here.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:06 PM
quest76
Track Day

Take a look at this http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/sho...&page=21&pp=35

I only read the first and last page, but I think it says enough.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:17 PM
racer08
Advanced

OK guys. BAD NEWS!!!

This is going to be long so get comfortable. I was off work today so I decided to do a little investigation work. Here's what I did. I did a reverse lookup search at whitepages.com for Joe's address. The named returned was:

Costantino Cipolla
2827 N Harlem Ave
Chicago, IL 60707-1638
(773) 637-2082

So I called this number and asked for Joe. A lady answers and says "No Joe". So I hung up and googled: Costantino Cipolla 60707 Chicago IL
Now this is where it gets interesting! What comes up is a page from the Turbobuick.Com web page. There is a post on this guy that is 29 pages long. The post orginally started back in 2001!! This guy has been doing the same thing he's done to us to probably hundreds of people over the years. Apparently his real name is Joe Cipolla. His lives at home with his aunt or mom or something. I got so disgusted reading the post I skipped from page 7 all the way to the end so I'm sure there is a lot in there that I've missed but this guy is a total scum bag. I'm going to try and report this guy to the FBI's internet fraud division and also contact the local Chicago PD to see if either of these agencies can help. Here's the link to the Turbobuick.com post.

Turbobuick.com page about Joe Cipolla

Here's a link to the FBI's internet fraud crime division if you want to report him also. Click on "Report internet crime" on left side of page:

FBI's fraud website

Here's a link to the Chicago Police Department website for contact info. You can call or e-mail them.

Chicago PD

And lastly if you had any contact with him by USPS you can file a complaint with the USPS fraud website.

USPS fraud website

I say we all take the time and effort to report this guy and try to put some pressue on him to get our money or property back. Thanks for reading and for your time.

Greg
Old 10-12-2006, 01:21 PM
racer08
Advanced

quest you beat me to it as I was typing up my long post.

Quick Reply: Cleaned out the garage today! Tons of 996 stuff for sale!