Sponsored by:

*** The Official 996 Forum Off Topic Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2022, 05:48 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Received 2,092 Likes on 963 Posts

Originally Posted by Type65
I am really sorry to hear about Coco. That's just awful. I had no idea we had toads like this here in the U.S. and good for you for offering to help out the neighborhood and the state by getting rid of another problematic invasive species. I also appreciate the PSA. I did a search and somehow we get lucky in LA they skip over us and just live in South TX and FL.
We only have one native species of toad in S FL (Southern Toad) and because of the introduction of Cane Toads to help control bugs in sugar cane fields… they’re the largest invasive animal species in the state. Bro if I disliked them before, I absolutely hate them now. Here’s how big they get by my area which is adjacent to farm area.

That one met it’s demise via two .177 pellets at 1300fps. The pellet rifle I just bought is a .22 Stoeger that is around 1000fps but can shoot pointed projectiles. Florida allows them to be exterminated without tags or state permission. I’m going to John Wick those bastards.
Old 09-10-2022, 05:58 PM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 3,814 Likes on 2,175 Posts

Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris
Public Service Announcement:

For my friends that have pets and let them out into the yard. Check for Cane Toads or similar, my girlfriend’s dog passed yesterday due to having contact with a toxic toad. In the 6yrs I’ve been with her, I’ve never seen one in her small yard that is fully fenced and has artificial grass but somehow one those bastards made it in.

I was woken up by a phone call and was on the phone listening to her sob while trying to get him to the emergency vet while in 8am Miami traffic. He didn’t make the 15min ride and passed as she pulled into the parking lot. He was her dog but I loved him like he was mine. The best boy there will ever be. Very quiet, not destructive, never bit anyone… just a good dog. So check your yard periodically, even for poisoned rats as dogs will also get poisoned if they eat them. Have 34 days until getting home and feel it was an absolute kick in the dick and wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. RIP Coco.

Sorry about Coco. They are a part of the family and tough when we loose one.
The following users liked this post:
TheChunkNorris (09-10-2022)
Old 09-10-2022, 07:57 PM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 675 Likes on 467 Posts
Default Sorry bro.

Public Service Announcement:

For my friends that have pets and let them out into the yard. Check for Cane Toads or similar, my girlfriend’s dog passed yesterday due to having contact with a toxic toad. In the 6yrs I’ve been with her, I’ve never seen one in her small yard that is fully fenced and has artificial grass but somehow one those bastards made it in.

I was woken up by a phone call and was on the phone listening to her sob while trying to get him to the emergency vet while in 8am Miami traffic. He didn’t make the 15min ride and passed as she pulled into the parking lot. He was her dog but I loved him like he was mine. The best boy there will ever be. Very quiet, not destructive, never bit anyone… just a good dog. So check your yard periodically, even for poisoned rats as dogs will also get poisoned if they eat them. Have 34 days until getting home and feel it was an absolute kick in the dick and wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. RIP Coco.

sorry To hear Joel. By the way my first dogs 🐶 name was CoCo, pure basset hounds, my dad had him breeding so we also had his son Coquito. It was real hard when he passed. Support your girl, probably your next adventure with her is going to go hunting for your next dog. A lot of cuties out there. My chihuahua rat terrier just turned 19 and I’m dreading the day. Anyway my step son has a disability but I’m preparing him by ocasionally going to pet stores and play with different poppies. Feel for you, please give my condolences to Melissa, our pets are part of our family.
TheChunkNorris (09-11-2022)
Old 09-10-2022, 08:31 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3/98 911 coupe
sorry To hear Joel. By the way my first dogs 🐶 name was CoCo, pure basset hounds, my dad had him breeding so we also had his son Coquito. It was real hard when he passed. Support your girl, probably your next adventure with her is going to go hunting for your next dog. A lot of cuties out there. My chihuahua rat terrier just turned 19 and I’m dreading the day. Anyway my step son has a disability but I’m preparing him by ocasionally going to pet stores and play with different poppies. Feel for you, please give my condolences to Melissa, our pets are part of our family.
Thanks Luis, I really just wanted people to check because not everyone is aware of the dangers of being left unattended for 15mins. I had to learn about all the venomous, poisonous and things that can kill you locally when I was in the Air Force for local SERE training. I was surprised to hear my friends who have lived in Miami their whole lives not know certain aspects of wildlife we encounter every day, figured I'd at least try and spread the word and who knows... the one time they checked there was something around? The hard part is over, she got her son back from his dad and told him the news. Poor little dude is taking it like a champ. Right now she's 100% averse to even talking about it so for now we're going to chill for a couple years or until her son is old enough to ask for one, he's only 7 so we'll see.

Originally Posted by GC996
Sorry about Coco. They are a part of the family and tough when we loose one.
Thanks Brother. Means a lot and Thank you guys from the bottom of my soul for reaching out.
Old 09-11-2022, 03:52 AM
golock911
Rennlist Member

Received 941 Likes on 424 Posts

Sorry to hear of this as well. My condolences. Hazel and Grace send theirs as well. Pets are family. They leave a hole when they go. But this is part of life. Rest in peace Coco.

TheChunkNorris (09-11-2022)
Old 09-11-2022, 09:42 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by golock911
Sorry to hear of this as well. My condolences. Hazel and Grace send theirs as well. Pets are family. They leave a hole when they go. But this is part of life. Rest in peace Coco.
Thank you very much and give those cats a couple pets for me.
Old 09-13-2022, 12:57 PM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default The true meaning of not giving a fck

Woke up at 5 am. Took both cars on spirited drives both at over 100. Anyway put an injected dry brined pork butt on the smoker. I don’t have to answer to no one, I don’t have to produce a report, I don’t have to get ready to travel to a foreign country. Im just listening to rock and roll smoking a pork butt, drinking good ole bourbons and beer, yes the Dow and s&p are down got plenty of money in cash to buy on the downturn, that’s how you make money, buy when everyone is selling and scare.

Two nice butts watching another one being smoked.

Dry brined injected 7 lb pork butt, ready for the smoker.

As good as me, experimental IPA, they still haven’t concluded the experiment.
TheChunkNorris (09-13-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 03:46 AM
golock911
Rennlist Member

Received 941 Likes on 424 Posts

On the positive side, I'm not worried about mice...

This is Kona, the cat from across the street.
Old 09-15-2022, 09:02 AM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,416 Likes on 1,787 Posts

Got one of these for fun/work.

TheChunkNorris (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 09:16 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by De Jeeper

Fantastic set up, one of my boys has a diesel Rubi and it's beautiful.
Old 09-15-2022, 09:34 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default Nice.

A friend has one in blue. I seriously looked at one when I bought my F150 super crew. If I needed the off-road capability this was going to be it. Looking at how we were going to use it family car, my daily, many highway miles, cargo space for all our beach gear, Cost, interior space I choose my third F150. Money wise they wanted $40k for the jeep, I paid $28.5 for the F150. People will definitely notice when you are driving the jeep “truck”, it clearly looks real different than the Ford, chevys, Rams, gmcs, etc. Congrats an enjoy.
Old 09-15-2022, 09:37 AM
wdb
Rennlist Member

Received 1,217 Likes on 663 Posts

We are cat people so please don't misconstrue this. You want to keep that cat off your convertible top. The oils in the cat's skin will discolor it. Claws could be another reason.
The following 3 users liked this post by wdb:
plpete84 (09-15-2022), TheChunkNorris (09-15-2022), Type65 (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 09:49 AM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,416 Likes on 1,787 Posts

Fantastic set up, one of my boys has a diesel Rubi and it's beautiful.
Originally Posted by 3/98 911 coupe
A friend has one in blue. I seriously looked at one when I bought my F150 super crew. If I needed the off-road capability this was going to be it. Looking at how we were going to use it family car, my daily, many highway miles, cargo space for all our beach gear, Cost, interior space I choose my third F150. Money wise they wanted $40k for the jeep, I paid $28.5 for the F150. People will definitely notice when you are driving the jeep “truck”, it clearly looks real different than the Ford, chevys, Rams, gmcs, etc. Congrats an enjoy.

Thx guys, its a 2020 fully loaded. I was going to order a new one but then i decided to spend the extra 20k on other car hobbies . Its deffinately not a versitle as a f150 for the cost but im keeping my '03 cummims for the hd stuff. I just need to send it to the bidy shop now that i have the jeep.

old and new

TheChunkNorris (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 09:59 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default I’ll get to see test drive and may even buy this thing.

Thx guys, its a 2020 fully loaded. I was going to order a new one but then i decided to spend the extra 20k on other car hobbies . Its deffinately not a versitle as a f150 for the cost but im keeping my '03 cummims for the hd stuff. I just need to send it to the bidy shop now that i have the jeep.

old and new
This came up available here in Texas. It’s 2.5 hours away but I got to go see drive and get me enough nerves for probably what is going to take to buy this car. Ruf gt2. It’ll be a longer cars and coffee for me this Saturday taking the turbo on another adventure, maybe the seller would even consider taking my turbo in trade in.

You need a pilots license to drive this thing. You tube driving video is out of this world, real rare and unique car.

Will be looking at it this Saturday, what am awesome cars and coffee day. Then on my way back, I’ll find me a craft brewery, a brick oven pizza joint or a good bbq place.
Old 09-15-2022, 10:10 AM
plpete84
Drifting

Received 1,786 Likes on 909 Posts

That cat has that quintessential "I don't give a fu**" look on it's face. I will ruin your top and scratch the sh*t out of your paint if I so please and you will take it, human! Now **** off while I take a nap. Mocking you tires me out.
The following 3 users liked this post by plpete84:
Porschetech3 (09-15-2022), TheChunkNorris (09-15-2022), Type65 (09-15-2022)

Quick Reply: *** The Official 996 Forum Off Topic Thread ***