996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

PCCM+ install woes--NO SOUND

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2023, 07:48 PM
biarritzwhite
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi to all that have contributed already in this great thread! It gave me a better understanding of the issue I have with my PCCM.
I have a similar riddle to solve as the tread starter and all help is appreciated. Maybe you have some insight to share? See my post on the PCCM installation guide
Old 06-01-2023, 10:20 PM
arcangely2k
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys,

Can you PLEASE help me? I'm now $500+ in wasted labor, and can't install my PCCM+. I've scoured every forum.
I have a 2002 Cabriolet with BOSE Audio, NON-MOST. It's THIS diagram for the wiring.

Got my PCCM+ and got the error where it won't allow me into the settings menu since it thinks I'm in motion.
Tried every which way of connecting the unit, can't get into the menu.
Local Porsche dealer has no clue. 2 local installers failed to figure out how to get in.
Suncoast told me to ground Pin 18 for the DSP. Aside from reading everywhere else that it's pin 17, I told Suncoast (who I bought PCCM+ from) that I don't have a DSP..... My Bose Amp only has 8 pins.

So, now I'm in the hole on labor with no prospects of fixing this error. I never saw any resolution from others with this error other than dead threads or "it fixed itself."

Is the issue my hardware? This suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Old 02-01-2024, 02:13 PM
Awern416
AutoX

Hi All,

Sorry to revive an old thread, but here goes nothin’! I'm having issues installing the PCCM into my 2002 996 C4S Bose without MOST. To my knowledge, the car’s audio was previously unmodified. I recently replaced the frunk AMP with another used OEM module – it was working prior to PCCM install commencement.

The unit was purchased from Suncoast Parts with the additional non-MOST adapter (yellow blue green into red female, smaller yellow male plugged into PCCM unit). I did not get the GPS chip but did install the antenna.

I have all the wiring hooked up per many of the DIY vidoes and threads (antenna, mic, USB/Aux unit, etc) doing my best to follow directions clearly. Switched from CAN to AMP and rebooted (unplugged and replugged power cable in unit). The unit powers on and seems to function as intended (Radio, Apple CarPlay, settings, etc.) but makes no sound. I’ve attached images below of where I’m stuck.

Is there anything to be done in the frunk? Anything I need to do with the fiber optic or “S-Video” looking cable in last image?

Any help would be greatly appreciated so I don’t need to drive around with a half disassembled interior for too long!

Side note: I get the “Vehicle in motion” setting menu restriction unpredictably/intermittently when stationary, but I am often able to get past it. I was able to get into the hidden the “Factory Reset” menu but there was no place to turn off the NHTSA. That is a secondary issue.
Old 02-01-2024, 03:51 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,844 Likes on 1,009 Posts

Originally Posted by Awern416
The unit was purchased from Suncoast Parts with the additional non-MOST adapter (yellow blue green into red female, smaller yellow male plugged into PCCM unit).
Did you order the genuine Porsche adapter for non-most cars or is the adapter you ordered aftermarket?

Here is the link to the correct part:
https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/o...er-99664234100

Here's what it should look like...

Read through this thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...pgrades-5.html

Last edited by ZuffenZeus; 02-01-2024 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-01-2024, 05:10 PM
Awern416
AutoX

Thanks for reviving that snippet from prior thread - I've been doing my homework trying to save others the trouble.
That's exactly the adapter I have (same part number/OEM), but seems like there may be more to it. Note, my car had the Becker CDR-220 system without any prior 2-DIN system.

See below doc I put together. Any issues with my connections? Does female connector I called as #3 need to connect anywhere?

Old 02-01-2024, 05:15 PM
tommelton
Racer

Received 161 Likes on 86 Posts

Is this one of the use cases that has to have an additional ground made at the amplifier in the frunk?

-Tom

Quick Reply: PCCM+ install woes--NO SOUND