996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

The "Ultimate AOS Solution"

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 11:34 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,169 Likes on 797 Posts

So what’s the price of the ultimate ultimate AOS ?
Old 07-26-2020, 07:10 PM
jobyt
Pro

Received 309 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
Thanks Os7213, the Black Anodized is my favorite also, still shows the beautiful machine marks while giving surface protection and being subtle.
Do you think the black anodized will pass CA Smog visual inspection? Otherwise, I would just install after this year's smog (I already have to change my fabspeed x-pipe back to OEM for the visual...once every 2 years)
Old 07-26-2020, 10:43 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,803 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Originally Posted by dporto
So what’s the price of the ultimate ultimate AOS ?
The UAOS-E featuring an Aluminum Anodized Accumulator, Stainless Steel Sensor, all OEM components, and the usual Custom hoses, aluminum relocation bracket, Plug-N-Play wiring harnes/relay, mounting harware, connectors ect. $1,050.

The base UAOS with Carbon Fiber/Nylon Accumulator, and all URO components . $350 + $85 MK2 or +$110 MK1

The Aluminum Anodized Accumulator is a $250 upgrade to the base UAOS kit
Old 07-26-2020, 11:10 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jobyt
Do you think the black anodized will pass CA Smog visual inspection? Otherwise, I would just install after this year's smog (I already have to change my fabspeed x-pipe back to OEM for the visual...once every 2 years)
From what I hear from those who live in CA, it all depends on who your inspector is. The UAOS is emission friendly and will pass a tail pipe sniff. There are quite a few UAOS's already in CA, so maybe we will learn if the visual passes. What happens when you don't pass? Just have to make corrections and try again??
Old 07-27-2020, 07:08 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

The UAOS-E featuring an Aluminum Anodized Accumulator, Stainless Steel Sensor, all OEM components, and the usual Custom hoses, aluminum relocation bracket, Plug-N-Play wiring harnes/relay, mounting harware, connectors ect. $1,050.

The base UAOS with Carbon Fiber/Nylon Accumulator, and all URO components . $350 + $85 MK2 or +$110 MK1

The Aluminum Anodized Accumulator is a $250 upgrade to the base UAOS kit
$350 + $250= $1050... That’s some fuzzy math! 😃
Old 07-27-2020, 11:07 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

$350 + $250= $1050... That’s some fuzzy math! 😃
Yes, that Math is definitely fuzzy !! ....$350+ $250 = $700 !!!
But your question was a bit fuzzy also.

There is a lot more differences between the base UAOS-kit and the UAOS-E, than just the Aluminum Accumulator..
Old 07-27-2020, 11:49 AM
GPappy
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts

There is a lot more differences between the base UAOS-kit and the UAOS-E, than just the Aluminum Accumulator..
I am looking to replace the AOS in a 1999 C2 - 6 speed. Is there someplace that describes what is needed and what the differences are between a UAOS-kit and a UAOS-E?
Old 07-27-2020, 12:39 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GPappy
I am looking to replace the AOS in a 1999 C2 - 6 speed. Is there someplace that describes what is needed and what the differences are between a UAOS-kit and a UAOS-E?
No, the UAOS is a new product that was just invented at the first of this year . The UAOS-E (Elite) is a brand new upgraded version.

The base UAOS kit features a Carbon Fiber/Nylon Accumlator, a Plysulfone Infra-red sensor,all URO components, Custom hoses, aluminum change-over relocation bracket, Plug-N- Play wire harness/relay,mounting hardware, connectors, ect.

The UAOS-E (Elite) features an Anodized Aluminum Accumulator, Stainless Steel Infra-red Sensor, all OEM components, Custom hoses, aluminum change-over relocation bracket, Plug-N- Play wire harness/relay,mounting hardware, connectors, ect.

The installation is not much different than replacing an AOS and breather hose with the addition of 2 screws and 2 wire taps..
The following users liked this post:
JohnCA58 (07-27-2020)
Old 07-27-2020, 08:13 PM
INIs911
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Skip,

Thanks for all your work in developing the UAOS. I have a 2000 C2 Tiptronic manufacture date of 11/1999. Will the UAOS also address coolant leaks from AOS as detailed here from this cat in Australia (EMD Automotivie..a lot of to the point videos he makes)..Has Jake Raby gotten back to you on when he is doing the video...will you be in video as well given your relative close proximity to each other ;0)?

Old 07-27-2020, 09:34 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by INIs911
Hey Skip,

Thanks for all your work in developing the UAOS. I have a 2000 C2 Tiptronic manufacture date of 11/1999. Will the UAOS also address coolant leaks from AOS as detailed here from this cat in Australia (EMD Automotivie..a lot of to the point videos he makes)..Has Jake Raby gotten back to you on when he is doing the video...will you be in video as well given your relative close proximity to each other ;0)?

https://youtu.be/n-0zfN_GFvs
https://youtu.be/eD05l0vdLcM
Sometimes simple questions can be a lot more complicated than you think, so I'll have to give a couple answers to different scenarios.

Yes if you have a current coolant leak at the AOS, installing the UAOS kit with pre-sealed AOS will stop it.

If you don't currently have a coolant leaking AOS, but want to eliminate the possibility of ever have one there,you could install the UAOS with pre-sealed AOS and not hook-up coolant lines. This is not recomended in cold climates but in hot climates would be OK.

That said, that is not the common failure of the AOS's, The common failure of 99% of AOS's is the internal flow regulating diaphragm rupturing. The UAOS completely eliminates that possibility and also stops the possibility of engine hydrolock, see post above for a recent article on m96 hydrolocking.

The threat of hydrolock is real and the UAOS is the Vaccine, and the reason I Invented the UAOS. Some people will chose to take their chances, but we will probably see another one bit the dust within the next 4-8 weeks from hyrolock. Here is a pic from this thread a couple months ago, 6k miles on a new engine with a new Porsche AOS that failed !! (Curtesy of Jake)

(picture curtest of Jake) 6k mile engine with NEW Porsche AOS that failed !!

Jake said he was interested in doing a video, I'm sure he will get around to it if enough interest. He has been busy making lots of good video's..

kwright997 (07-27-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 04:01 AM
INIs911
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sometimes simple questions can be a lot more complicated than you think, so I'll have to give a couple answers to different scenarios.

Yes if you have a current coolant leak at the AOS, installing the UAOS kit with pre-sealed AOS will stop it.

If you don't currently have a coolant leaking AOS, but want to eliminate the possibility of ever have one there,you could install the UAOS with pre-sealed AOS and not hook-up coolant lines. This is not recomended in cold climates but in hot climates would be OK.

That said, that is not the common failure of the AOS's, The common failure of 99% of AOS's is the internal flow regulating diaphragm rupturing. The UAOS completely eliminates that possibility and also stops the possibility of engine hydrolock, see post above for a recent article on m96 hydrolocking.

The threat of hydrolock is real and the UAOS is the Vaccine, and the reason I Invented the UAOS. Some people will chose to take their chances, but we will probably see another one bit the dust within the next 4-8 weeks from hyrolock. Here is a pic from this thread a couple months ago, 6k miles on a new engine with a new Porsche AOS that failed !! (Curtesy of Jake)

(picture curtest of Jake) 6k mile engine with NEW Porsche AOS that failed !!

Jake said he was interested in doing a video, I'm sure he will get around to it if enough interest. He has been busy making lots of good video's..
"If you don't currently have a coolant leaking AOS, but want to eliminate the possibility of ever have one there,you could install the UAOS with pre-sealed AOS and not hook-up coolant lines."

And this won't affect smog in Cali with coolant lines bypassing AOS? So plugging atmosphere still happens if coolant lines are bypassing AOS as well? What do the Porsche gods say...make it
perfect right? Porsche really put a lot onto that piece of a plastic known as the AOS...Doesn't matter how good of an engine Jake Raby builds with Nickies...he's still dependent on that faulty plastic AOS
like everyone else...and if he over builds..bores out 3.6 to 3.8 etc..does the extra strain from the stronger engine Jake builds helps contribute to an AOS demise and hydrolocking as you point out..possibly...so many variables to consider...Porsche by now has to know the failure rate of their AOS is bad...why not build it of better material...afraid of liability lawsuits from all the failed engines over the years due to their AOS me guestimates...

So even with a supplied AOS with atmosphere plugged up with RTV sealant and a UAOS installed...there is still a small chance the AOS could fail..spring a leak..and one would STILL have to replace the AOS again right?

Skip..we all want the same thing...our M96 engines to run without fear of catastrophic failure...we're getting closer thanks to your efforts...thanks

Old 07-28-2020, 06:56 AM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 256 Posts

So even with a supplied AOS with atmosphere plugged up with RTV sealant and a UAOS installed...there is still a small chance the AOS could fail..spring a leak..and one would STILL have to replace the AOS again right?

Skip..we all want the same thing...our M96 engines to run without fear of catastrophic failure...we're getting closer thanks to your efforts...thanks
It can still fail, only with Skip’s system, the AOS you are replacing is sitting front and centre and is a MUCH less expensive part, and 10 mins labour, as opposed to a $150 part and hours of labour to change. Plus, any excess oil that might have made it to the intake and caused hydrolock, is collected and trapped in the accumulator that can be safely drained and even has warning light to tell you it’s getting full.
Porschetech3 (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 11:03 AM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

"If you don't currently have a coolant leaking AOS, but want to eliminate the possibility of ever have one there,you could install the UAOS with pre-sealed AOS and not hook-up coolant lines."

And this won't affect smog in Cali with coolant lines bypassing AOS? So plugging atmosphere still happens if coolant lines are bypassing AOS as well? What do the Porsche gods say...make it
perfect right? Porsche really put a lot onto that piece of a plastic known as the AOS...Doesn't matter how good of an engine Jake Raby builds with Nickies...he's still dependent on that faulty plastic AOS
like everyone else...and if he over builds..bores out 3.6 to 3.8 etc..does the extra strain from the stronger engine Jake builds helps contribute to an AOS demise and hydrolocking as you point out..possibly...so many variables to consider...Porsche by now has to know the failure rate of their AOS is bad...why not build it of better material...afraid of liability lawsuits from all the failed engines over the years due to their AOS me guestimates...

The coolant lines going to the AOS are only there to prevent freezing of water condensation at the AOS, does not effect emissions. The Boxster uses the same AOS WITHOUT any coolant lines due to the reverse mounting of the engine, the AOS is in a hotter spot.

The risk of coolant leak is so low, it is not worth even considering and in the remote possibility that it happens, there are warning light to indicate so there are no catastrophic failures associated.

The UAOS was designed for two reasons. To stop the risk of hydrolocking the engine, and to make repair of the system much easier and less labor intense/costly. It is the ONLY product Invented in two decades to accomplish this.
The following 2 users liked this post by Porschetech3:
INIs911 (07-29-2020), TexSquirrel (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 01:11 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

^^^ Fair Enough . Do you have a website yet (it doesn't have to be highly developed/produced)? It would be great if you could maybe have a page for each product and perhaps even a comparison. I know all this stuff takes time and a lot of work. Your development of this/these products is much appreciated, and I wish you success with marketing and sales!
Old 07-28-2020, 02:37 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

^^^ Fair Enough . Do you have a website yet (it doesn't have to be highly developed/produced)? It would be great if you could maybe have a page for each product and perhaps even a comparison. I know all this stuff takes time and a lot of work. Your development of this/these products is much appreciated, and I wish you success with marketing and sales!
Marketing and Sales are just not my thing. I'll have to hire someone for that end one day.

I'm much more comfortable in a Technical Forum giving technical information and answering technical questions to promote my Invention.

I know most people want to be "sold" on a product, and is the purpose for Advertisements, and some Websites.

So what exactly should I put on a Website to promote the UAOS that would be better than whats already here ? Any suggestions would help....

Quick Reply: The "Ultimate AOS Solution"