pingu_c4s
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C4S all the way!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Ghost Rider
Banned

You know now that I think about it, if someone had started a thread about say the Turbo being the sexiest there would have been replies that focused on how much power it has, how fast it is, what it means to have twin turbos, etc. Likewise if someone had started a thread about the C2 being sexy it would have migrated into how it is a "driver's car" with rear wheel drive, or how it has more back seat room, or something of that nature. Meanwhile a GT3 is sexy thread would have quickly changed into how great it's naturally aspirated motor is and again other performance characteristics, the same holds true for the GT2 but simply in a different way.

But none of them would have focused on "Sexy" It seems only the C4S can lay claim to the ultimate in sexiness without careening off into other directions like performance or classic-ness, or what have you.

It seems that the growing length of this thread is simply testiment to the fact that while other 911's have a lot going for them and would surely rate higher than the C4S in other categories, when it comes to Sexy, C4S is king.

C4Sexy! I knew the S had to stand for something...
Old 01-26-2004, 11:00 AM
donnyj
Instructor

This thread is the pits ..I've never heard so much s@#$ in my life.....however I must admit the C4S is a lovely looking car second only to the Turbo.

DonnyJ
Old 01-26-2004, 11:10 AM
Ghost Rider
Banned

I guess it takes owning one to understand....
Old 01-26-2004, 12:39 PM
BostonMarkC
Racer

The C4S is not made to look like the Turbo. It is made so that one can enjoy the Turbo's suspension, brakes, body, and AWD system with a naturally aspirated engine. Hence, the C4S does have the performance of the Turbo when it comes to handling, braking, and traction.

Like many of the C4S owners, I could have bought the Turbo. In fact, it has always been my dream car. But for all-season use in New England, I prefer the naturaly aspirated engine (easier to control in snow, less expensive to maintain, less sensitive to cold weather starts).

Also, as we have determined, the C4S is sexy

Originally posted by steve c
Yes ... but the C4S is fluff and fake in the sense that it is (made to look like) a turbo -- without the motor or performance.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:53 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally posted by BostonMarkC
The C4S is not made to look like the Turbo. It is made so that one can enjoy the Turbo's suspension, brakes, body, and AWD system with a naturally aspirated engine. Hence, the C4S does have the performance of the Turbo when it comes to handling, braking, and traction.

Like many of the C4S owners, I could have bought the Turbo. In fact, it has always been my dream car. But for all-season use in New England, I prefer the naturaly aspirated engine (easier to control in snow, less expensive to maintain, less sensitive to cold weather starts).

Also, as we have determined, the C4S is sexy
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:39 PM
TitanL9
Pro

Threads like this bring out the ugly and that's not right.

I spend a great deal of time trying to teach my 12yr old son that his cloths labels and toy names reflect nothing more then his personal choices and are no better then anyone else's choices. I don't want him to turn out to be a materialistic snob because of our wealth. I purchased a C2 but could have purchased any PCar. I am trying to teach him how to play in the sand box with diverse people that make chooses for a variety of reasons. But, if he persists to socially better his choice in some social manner or another, he insults the choices of others in the sand box.

All Porsches are sexy performance machines!
Old 01-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

TitanL9,

I hope you don't think when I say the C4S is Sexy that I am in some way saying other cars aren't in some way sexy or that no other Porsches are sexy, I'm merely relating that to me, the C4S is the sexiest, again to me.

There is a difference between scales for objective things like say 1/4 mile time where you could say the GT2 has the best stock 1/4 mile time among 996's. vs. say a subjective scale where you say the C4S is sexier than the Turbo, etc.

I hope everyone on this thread realizes that we are talking about a subjective scale and not an objective one, however, that doesn't make the scale any less "real" in a sense that life is filled with both objective and subjective scales and I think it is good that you are trying to teach your children the difference between the two.

We may not care for subjective things or to be judged in a subjective way, but they are a matter of human nature. Take for example Law School - Hey you just scored a 90% on your test, congrats, here is your "C". That's right the law school professor read everyone's essays and then pushed them into a bell curve and on the curve a 90 is a C! There will be no multiple choice objectively graded tests for you mister and you'll like it!

Perhaps my messages should contain a disclaimer (I'll let the legal dept. get to work on that) which says that the statments in my messages are my own subjective interpretations and not based in any objective facts unless otherwise stated.

As far as bringing out the ugly, I haven't seen anyone mention 928's in this thread have you? DOH! (That was a joke)
Old 01-26-2004, 02:29 PM
BostonMarkC
Racer

Ok, how about this:

The C2 is sexy like a runway model (long and sleek)
The C4S is sexy like a swimsuit model (curvaceous)
The TT/GTs are sexy like an athlete (fit and muscular)

Moral of the story...they are all sexy, but we all have a preference for one or the other

BTW, I apologize for the one-sided analogy; the ladies can feel free to modify it as needed
Old 01-26-2004, 02:49 PM
TitanL9
Pro

Ok, how about this:

Moral of the story...they are all sexy, but we all have a preference for one or the other

BTW, I apologize for the one-sided analogy; the ladies can feel free to modify it as needed
Now, this description is more like it... And, yes we all have our preferences.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by TitanL9
I purchased a C2 but could have purchased any PCar.

But, you did end up purchasing a C2 for some reason, may be the rear wheel drive and the narrow body fancied you, or whatever that you liked about it over the other porsches eventhough they are all sexy performance machines. we are just curious how many think that C4S is the sexiest, it certainly cannot be the best in performance, speed, agility etc. etc., But, I was just curious whether there are other rennlisters who think that they find the C4S the sexiest, and may be thats one of the reasons of many that they bought the C4S, or some still think that C4S is the sexiest but, chose to buy another, Or don't find C4S sexy at all, there is no one correct answer, Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and none are meant to be an attack on anybody else.

Let me try to make it even more clear, IMHO C4S is not the fastest, not the most maneuvarable, or the lightest, or the best performer etc. of the 996's but I sure do find it the sexiest. Yet, it is a porsche it has the right balance of speed, maneuvarability, low weight and performance with the best look that made me purchase it.

One can also say that your statement above that you could have purschased any 996, flaunts your wealth (in contrast to everything that you've been trying to teach your kid). But, I know that you are making a point that you purschased the C2 not beacuse of financial reason. Any views can be constrewed to be telling something else.
But, I am curious why you would buy a C2 over all the other porsches, if $ is not the reason, 'cause as I had mentioned earlier in the thread if $ is no option I would have purshaced a GT2 and never look back, Who cars if C4S is the sexiest.

All Porsches are sexy performance machines!

I agrree with this too, but, There is degree's of performance, I do think that my C4S is a less of a performer than say a GT2 or Turbo or GT3 and some might say a C2. But, I frankly don't care as I bought my C4S for me and I love it and happen to find it to be the sexiest of all 996, Sorry if it offends you (I sure woundn't be offended if you find the C2 the sexiest of all the 996's , because it is one sexy machine and I sure do gawk at all the porshes in the hwy including the C2)
Old 01-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reflector bar across the back seals it for me. Best looking 911 I have ever seen in my opinion! It has the looks and performance to keep me interested. Nice post! Best wishes - Jay Gratton
Old 01-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

I started writting my previous post soon after I read Titan's, I didn't see ghost rider's as it sufficiently explains what I wanted to.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:56 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Best looking 996s IMO:
1. GT3 Mk1
2. C4S
3. TT
4. C2
5. GT3 Mk2
6. GT2
(I just don't like the new wings on the GT2/3)
Old 01-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Ok, how about this:

Well put

Quick Reply: O.K. now, does everybody agree that C4S is the sexiest 996