GT2 at Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 09:10 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by porschemeister
Jäger, not sure yet what will be next...
Still thinking about that Speedster project...definitely have lots of parts to get something new started.

I asked Nick for permission to use his shots, I thought the ones I used were all his...glad you don't mind I used some of yours. Great community here on Rennlist! PM
PM-- Hey, when I saw them in your ad, I was glad I could safely assume you liked my photography!!!

For your replacement 993: nothing's better for European driving than an Andial / Rohr-built Speedster, but I may be biased.

I have you to thank for inspiration, to pursue a mag spread similar to your black GT2's. Recent sneak-peeks by the feature's author (a fellow RLer):

Old 09-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile

Ebay link here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3D1&viewitem=
Old 09-27-2009, 12:28 AM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not easy to do , but too many changes in my life and I decided to put my dreams on wheels up for sale. I drove it today and it is just unbelievable!

Check out the eBay listing # 110438975641

I hope she will find a good home.

No, say it ain't so!

Man I wish I had the money to buy that car is so sweet! Good Luck with the sale Jochen.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:14 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Not easy to do , but too many changes in my life and I decided to put my dreams on wheels up for sale. I drove it today and it is just unbelievable!

Check out the eBay listing # 110438975641

I hope she will find a good home.
Just marvelous looking over the photographs.

I'm curious about this photo:

Old 09-27-2009, 03:36 PM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Just marvelous looking over the photographs.

I'm curious about this photo:

this is the reservoir and adjustment for the Bilstein shocks
Old 09-27-2009, 09:20 PM
h20skier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New or Lazy Rennlister here wanting to know about these 993 speedsters? They have to be project cars correct?

Also the beautiful black 993 for sale on ebay how is it titled? You call it a project car, is it a Turbo built to gt2 specs? Turbo S built to specs? Again it says 1 year spent building it.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:20 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default ""Rennlister here wanting to know about these 993 speedsters?"

Rennlist Speedster type 993 summary threads: "Speedster type 993 photo thread"
- "Rennlist/ PCA member's 993 SPEEDSTER"
- "993 Speedster at Porsche Museum (Restoration Workshop)" -- recent photographs & details of F.A. "Butzi" Porsche's
- "New! 9m93 Speedster widebody - starts Monday" -- recently-started conversion
Originally Posted by h20skier
New or Lazy Rennlister here wanting to know about these 993 speedsters? They have to be project cars correct?
VERY nice collection in your stable.
Thanks for asking about Speedsters. Generally, the answer to your question is: yes. As Total 911 magazine's issue #48 states:
seven examples were built by Porsche Exclusive for private buyers. These were modified cabriolet bodyshells fitted with the windscreen & hood from the 964 Speedster. All but one had wide Turbo bodyshells
I've been told a credible rumor from separate sources, that there are two factory Speedsters in CA, in very private collections. I haven't been able to confirm; if anyone can clarify or get me in touch, please do. Otherwise, there are only two 993s that I currently know of in the U.S. -- Jerry Seinfeld's & mine.
After consulting whether Mr. Seinfeld's was for sale (it wasn't), I flew to Europe to look at two for sale. Upon return, thanks to a Rennlister, I obtained the only 993 Speedster I've ever seen for sale state-side; converted from a 993 cab. Recent details on Jerry's & more production #s, from the "Did Porsche make a WB 993 Cabriolet?" thread:
Originally Posted by curve lover

Speedsters: According to Adrian Streathers, 6 were produced by the factory after Butzi's, & those were WBs. (Reference: p. 41 of his "Porsche 993: The Essential Companion".)

Wikipedia mentions only 2 in the world (Butzi's NB & Seinfeld's WB).

Related: I talked this past weekend to Mr. Seinfeld & his team in person about his. IIRC, they relayed the vehicle was driven for almost 1,000 miles & then sent back to the factory with the request it be converted to a Speedster.

Family member Mark Porsche's WB Speedster (with NB-style rocker panels). 1st photo by RLer 996Carrera when he met Mr. Porsche.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:10 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Also the beautiful black 993 for sale on ebay how is it titled? You call it a project car, is it a Turbo built to gt2 specs? Turbo S built to specs? Again it says 1 year spent building it.
Jochen, anything to add regarding your Speedster interest/ ideas?

Back to your breath-taking GT2s...
From last month's Concours d'Elegance at The Quail in Carmel, CA:

By BenchRacing
Old 09-28-2009, 01:10 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Laguna Seca Historics:

By Wayne Dempsey
Old 09-28-2009, 03:19 AM
h20skier
Instructor

great info curve lover. thank you very much. so when are you selling yours?

still would like a little more info on that gt2
Old 09-28-2009, 10:05 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

there is a nice article on the build of this car in a recent Excellence. Also, look for threads started by Porschemeister having lots of pics and info.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:46 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 94 Posts

I think Jochen listed his office phone for just such inquiries...
Old 09-28-2009, 02:34 PM
h20skier
Instructor

Originally Posted by dbf73
there is a nice article on the build of this car in a recent Excellence. Also, look for threads started by Porschemeister having lots of pics and info.
Thanks I will look them up. The car is a beauty.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:59 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

great info curve lover. thank you very much. so when are you selling yours?

Hopefully helpful, sir. The 993 Speedster is my dreamcar -- I'm never selling it.
Never ... until I'm offered >50% of what I've ascertained Mr. Seinfeld's asking price to be, if he had an asking price.
(Maybe like you & certainly Jochen, I've learned not to be too sentimental about material possessions / "perfect" cars.) [Yes, Cactus, you have 1st right of refusal .)

Until PorscheMeister gets back to you regarding his black 1996 Porsche 911 2DR CARRERA: 993 GT2 3.8 litre twin plug built by Andial FS, you may want to start here:

RLer CP's "A Rare Porsche gathering: 2 Rufs, 993GT2, and a Cayman (Pics)" 993 Turbo thread.

[Regarding post #68: Unfortunately, Excellence replaces their hotlinked photos every month. If anyone (Jochen, Pong, etc!?) saved/ can find & get me the original GT2 pics, I'll be glad to correct that post. It links to the original article, 'GT2, Through and Through: A legendary race driver builds an achingly accurate 993 GT2 replica.' See Excellence Magazine's Apr 09 issue. I'm an addict to photos of glorious 993s like PM's. It would be my pleasure to re-post the correct pix.]

On the 993 (normally aspirated) forum: "X-Post: A Rare Porsche gathering: 2 Rufs, 993GT2, and a Cayman (Pics)."
- RLer 95_993's "993 GT2 Replica in Excellence" thread.

Pic by Pong
Old 09-29-2009, 01:26 AM
h20skier
Instructor

^^^^^without a question i agree with never selling the car

Thank you for the threads. So it's a built car none gt2 that explains the lower dollar value I just have to figure out the higher dollar value now

Nice Speedster for sure you have I'm hoping to add a mere 89' to my collection, good news is I do already have a 993

Quick Reply: GT2 at Laguna Seca