Sponsored by:

GT2 at Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've seen these two cars in detail. Astonishing. Absolutely meticulous attention to detail and perfection of every authentic part in both cars. From his racing career, Rohr has the resources and connections to the factory to achieve this kind of impossible, simply impossible result. Just a marvelous accomplishment in each of these cars. The 01 car is literally perfect.

ps. He still hasn't got those wheel cap shields aligned with the valves! ... : )
Old 08-29-2009, 01:12 AM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I've seen these two cars in detail. Astonishing. Absolutely meticulous attention to detail and perfection of every authentic part in both cars. From his racing career, Rohr has the resources and connections to the factory to achieve this kind of impossible, simply impossible result. Just a marvelous accomplishment in each of these cars. The 01 car is literally perfect.

ps. He still hasn't got those wheel cap shields aligned with the valves! ... : )
will get right on it!

Thanks guys for the compliments

PM
Old 08-31-2009, 11:15 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Jochen.

Missed your visit to LS. Wish I was there in person. Next time you take your car out, but it LS or Infenion, please shoot me a line. Would love to come and hawk. I have nothing but time on my hands these days.

CP
Old 09-03-2009, 12:56 AM
h20skier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this a different car then the one listed in Europe on Schmitze?

I haven't read entire thread but Porschemeister if its yours "nice" Truly a jewel and I hope you keep it through 5 generations
Old 09-04-2009, 10:35 PM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Default interior

I recently took some pics of the interior and thought about sharing them.

In addition to the all factory part GT2 conversion (including thin glass!) it has the famous Andial 3.8 litre twin plug engine producing 571 hp. Gearbox properly rebuilt to GT2 specs with steel syncros for 1st and 2nd.

Fully adjustable Bilstein race suspension with 800 lb springs in the front and 900 in the rear.

It is an absolutely incredible car, will leave pretty much everything out there in the dust...

I have driven it only 600 miles since the conversion. Also added the boost gauge built into the factory clock (came from germany, there is a thread about it somewhere..)

Enjoy!!
Attached Images      
Old 09-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by porschemeister
I recently took some pics of the interior and thought about sharing them.
Thank you for the photos.

More, please?

The build sheets on the engine and gearbox would be great, too.

I think this forum could have a mini competition -- post a photo of your GT2 and then we get to pick out each of the GT2 features. At a passing glance, the average 993 enthusiast might overlook the numerous details in this car. Learning about the GT2 -- and I don't purport to be any sort of expert -- but learning about the GT2 really opened my range of ideas on what I wanted to do with my car.

Having built a similar but far inferior 993 myself, I know what it takes -- It's easy to say "get a real GT2 nose for the gearbox" but it's entirely another thing to actually find one let alone decide to fork over the asking price! And the cost of the steel syncro's ... aargh! ... not for the faint of heart!

In addition to the all factory part GT2 conversion (including thin glass!) it has the famous Andial 3.8 litre twin plug engine producing 571 hp. Gearbox properly rebuilt to GT2 specs with steel syncros for 1st and 2nd.

Fully adjustable Bilstein race suspension with 800 lb springs in the front and 900 in the rear.

It is an absolutely incredible car, will leave pretty much everything out there in the dust...

I have driven it only 600 miles since the conversion. Also added the boost gauge built into the factory clock (came from germany, there is a thread about it somewhere..)

Enjoy!!
This reminds me I wanted to see if we could work out a swap of my leaky K24's for your hybrids. And I have those headers with the separate waste gate. Might be time for a swap meet? Cheers,
Old 09-05-2009, 03:03 AM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Thank you for the photos.

More, please?

The build sheets on the engine and gearbox would be great, too.

I think this forum could have a mini competition -- post a photo of your GT2 and then we get to pick out each of the GT2 features. At a passing glance, the average 993 enthusiast might overlook the numerous details in this car. Learning about the GT2 -- and I don't purport to be any sort of expert -- but learning about the GT2 really opened my range of ideas on what I wanted to do with my car.

Having built a similar but far inferior 993 myself, I know what it takes -- It's easy to say "get a real GT2 nose for the gearbox" but it's entirely another thing to actually find one let alone decide to fork over the asking price! And the cost of the steel syncro's ... aargh! ... not for the faint of heart!This reminds me I wanted to see if we could work out a swap of my leaky K24's for your hybrids. And I have those headers with the separate waste gate. Might be time for a swap meet? Cheers,
Shoot me a PM. We should be able to work out something on the turbos
Old 09-05-2009, 03:09 AM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Default more pics

aluminum doors are from the first ever produced GT2 (serial # 061, production # 0001) see stamped numbers on the inside panel.

Last pic shows Dieter Inzenhofer (Andial) and Phillip Morsey (head of race car production and logistics PAG Germany)
Attached Images     
Old 09-05-2009, 03:14 AM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Default one more....

serial # 061 (production number 0001) now in a Museum collection with fiberglass doors
Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

Best thread EVER!
Old 09-05-2009, 08:06 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Jochen,

This is just a jaw-dropping car, by ANY measures. I must see it in person one day.

CP
Old 09-06-2009, 01:48 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Thanks for sharing Jochen, breathtaking attention to detail and execution

Question concerning the doors, the Serial number 61 car in the picture was the 462bhp (?) race spec car not a street version, I am surprised it came with the aluminum doors that has the side protection bar (shown in the pictures) do you know if this was a one off on this first production car? Just out of interest

Please keep posting pictures/video, performance numbers or any other data you can during your free time

Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-06-2009, 02:27 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jean
Thanks for sharing Jochen, breathtaking attention to detail and execution

Question concerning the doors, the Serial number 61 car in the picture was the 462bhp (?) race spec car not a street version, I am surprised it came with the aluminum doors that has the side protection bar (shown in the pictures) do you know if this was a one off on this first production car? Just out of interest

Please keep posting pictures/video, performance numbers or any other data you can during your free time

Thanks for sharing!
Jean,
If I can chime in, the early Gt2 race cars were fitted with the aluminum doors with side beams. They bear 959 part numbers and had different closers as well. Mine are off the origional Rohr car! Most race teams changed out the doors as sanctioning bodies required side intrusion protection and thus the doors had to be butchered to add the side bars

It was far easier to just replace the doors with fibreglass as they were far cheaper. The origional doors as I recall were listed my porsche motorports at 13,000 DM!
Old 09-06-2009, 04:31 PM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Default you have them!

Originally Posted by JJayB
Jean,
If I can chime in, the early Gt2 race cars were fitted with the aluminum doors with side beams. They bear 959 part numbers and had different closers as well. Mine are off the origional Rohr car! Most race teams changed out the doors as sanctioning bodies required side intrusion protection and thus the doors had to be butchered to add the side bars

It was far easier to just replace the doors with fibreglass as they were far cheaper. The origional doors as I recall were listed my porsche motorports at 13,000 DM!

congrats on the doors from my second race GT2! (serial number 93079 production number 15).

That is the white restored GT2 with the 97 Evo package from the factory. I sourced for the restoration from Porsche in Weissach 2 Evo CF doors with the little slide windows (no window net which would have ruined those doors..) and leather strap opener.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:47 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by porschemeister
congrats on the doors from my second race GT2! (serial number 93079 production number 15).

That is the white restored GT2 with the 97 Evo package from the factory. I sourced for the restoration from Porsche in Weissach 2 Evo CF doors with the little slide windows (no window net which would have ruined those doors..) and leather strap opener.
Thanks Jochen,
I only hope that increases the value. I saw your EVO at Andial, and couldn't convience Dieter to do a road test at Willow Springs.

Quick Reply: GT2 at Laguna Seca