Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 341 Likes on 227 Posts

They have the right to refuse service. Customers have the right to refuse forking out your hard earned money. I can imagine the typical conversation.. Ah, I'd like to buy those GT3 seats that you have pulled out of that GT2.. Are they new? I'll give you $500 a seat.. I'd hang up the phone..

Mark, I will tell you that owing your very same 993TT there will be a day that you will need a Porsche part that no one in this country has.. Todd most likely has it.. When you need a turbocharger sump pump and Porsche is out for 14 weeks, you will pay Retail to get it to get the vehicle up and running. At that point who cares about the abuse they give you. I need the part, they have it, and I pay Retail for a used part.. They are a wrecking yard, they scrap cars for a living. If you risk losing you paycheck over it, drive down/fly down and inspect the part, or buy it new.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:12 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1......yes, Todd is most likely to have it or "know" where to get it.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:23 PM
95FL993CAB
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find it interesting that the people who have good things to say are either heavy repeat buyers who own a business or locals.
I can say that I have not bought from them due to "weird" vibes on the phone and via email. I took my business elsewhere. I agree, this is not fancy retail/service environment, but when you deal with your customer with an I do not give a S**T attitude, expect some backlash. Remember a little honey goes a long way.
I also agree with you that some customers can never be satisfied whatever it is you do.
Take care
Ron
Old 02-07-2008, 08:24 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
They have the right to refuse service. Customers have the right to refuse forking out your hard earned money. I can imagine the typical conversation.. Ah, I'd like to buy those GT3 seats that you have pulled out of that GT2.. Are they new? I'll give you $500 a seat.. I'd hang up the phone..

Mark, I will tell you that owing your very same 993TT there will be a day that you will need a Porsche part that no one in this country has.. Todd most likely has it.. When you need a turbocharger sump pump and Porsche is out for 14 weeks, you will pay Retail to get it to get the vehicle up and running. At that point who cares about the abuse they give you. I need the part, they have it, and I pay Retail for a used part.. They are a wrecking yard, they scrap cars for a living. If you risk losing you paycheck over it, drive down/fly down and inspect the part, or buy it new.
I hear ya Kevin. Parts are going to be even harder to obtain in the years to come. And I will call Oaklahoma Foreign or DC to source it. They have done it before and are really pleasant to deal with.

I fully understand what a wrecking yard is and without going into gory details, I put up with a lot to get what I needed from them and came up empty handed in the end. I gave up. My choice, but believe me, I tried. The $$ lost became of less value than the time I had invested. I cut my losses after shipping crap back and forth 3 times.

Anyhow, I have enough drama at work as it is. Time for an adult beverage!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:33 PM
2fas4u
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ranting

Originally Posted by canysmc
Sorry to hear of your situation.

Unfortunately you didn't come to Rennlist first.

Here's a recent thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ES+DISMANTLERS

And many more.....
waht he said jostein not to flame you but if you came to rennlist later why didn't you come here first and ask questions or if anyone close by could check out what you wanted. this place is like a fraternity as well as 6speed online. you can ask questions. I understand if you just found out about the forum. sorry for your loss but remember to check the boards first, because somebody know something about almost every car tuner,dealer or salvage place.
again not flaming you just trying to remind you to be safe in the future.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:25 PM
laporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just picked up my two toddlers from ballet and though I would check the post. Back to Jostein, since I know the engine came out of a running/driving car, RUF is the one laughing all the way to the bank. I love Mr. RUF and his brand but who pays $17k extra (if that is even the real $). Do you know how many times we have heard horror stories about mechanics? Everyone wants to blame the parts people. We have taken working tested parts, sent them out only to find dealers/mechanics saying our parts are no good so they can up-sell them on somthing they have for a bigger profit because they don't like when customers find parts themselves at a lower cost and less margin for them.

As for what I wrote, I don't regret it. Let me re-cap. Todd has been into Porsches since he was a kid, had his first SC at 16, (took it apart and put it back together again for fun). I have been with him half my life. I went to Pepperdine business school and studied his industry and became involved. I suggested he start a Porsche (he did Honda & Acura before) only yard and then there we were. Me in my PJ's at home answering the phone. We outgrew every location we though was enough room and just settled into a new warehouse last February that is again streatching at the seams (real estate is $$ in LA, unlike some of our competitors). We have grown to 10 sales people (and could probably use a few more) through sweat, tears, good and bad employees, theft, fraud and everything else. All this without ever advertising except a website and ebay. Four of those years I was pregnant or nursing still trying to come in as often as I could to help out. This is our other baby.

Yeah, I might sound bitchy or agressive but who wouldn't? Imagine someone telling you about a post on a site attacking something that is so close to heart when you know only 1/2 of what has been said is even true! Some of you sound like you have made up your opinion to not like us and I'm OK with that. You think you were wronged by us (weather true or not, customer expectations in this industry are sometimes over the top, all for nothing kind of thing). I try to hire other people to conduct customer service because that is not my forte (tough German hertitage I guess). I'm aware of that. But personal attacks are something else. Stating we are scamming people, frauding people, calling me a stripper on one post (even though I am a 6ft blond), attacking non-Americans (I'm from Kansas myself) are uncalled for. I stopped reading Rennlist long ago because it seems like you guys get off throwing mud at everyone else acting like you sit in a perfect bubble. As for local customers, yeah face to face is always best in any situation. That doesnt mean they always get more or better. Yeah, shipping is slow sometimes, try managing a daily yard full of customers wanting a window switch and that thingy under the hood, while your dismantlers have to stop what they are doing (trying to cut and pack a front clip to ship half way around the world).

Wish I had saved all the nice comments over the years from customers where they say we have saved them. From Porsche dealerships & designated Porsche repair facilities around the country to race teams to insurance adjustors and of course private customers. Our business is almost exactly 50% retail & 50% wholesale, I know becuse I have to send in a report every year with the breakdown to the city of LA.

I thank those that have stood up for us, it takes guts to retaliate against some rennlist diehards. Who doesn't want to jump on a negative bandwagon and rant about someone else (and you call me agressive). For the rest of you, I truly hope you never need us. It is not my wish to see any Porsche go down in flames, but they do, and we will continue to support the brand as well as the drivers. Anyone that has been to our place knows the phone never stops ringing and we get 1000's of emails daily. We must be doing something right. For the millions of parts we have sold over the years, yeah there are going to be some bad apples in the mix, used parts are not perfect. If you like the dealer then by all means go there. Like someone said before, most of the yards, dealers & shops source from us since we have the largest inventory (we even ship to Germany imagine). You would be supprised ito know some of the parts existing on your cars from previous owners are from us. And here, I thought women were caddy, they have nothing on you guys. To quote my husband, the Porsche world is like a soap opera "As the wrench turns". Maybe I should contact a reality show. Anyone here an agent? And for the Porsche experts, since you guys say we don't know what we're doing, you want a job, we're hiring...
Old 02-07-2008, 11:02 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

When I really need you, I'll need the correct part I'm looking for, at a reasonable price, described accurately and shipped promptly, with good, friendly, helpful customer service.
I truly hope you never need us.
Based on your posts, I hope I never need you too. If I do, I probably won't be able to afford your pie in the sky prices for used parts of highly variable quality. But it won't matter because you will make me so uncomfortable with your crappy service that I won't order.

Have fun with your kids. Spending time with mine is one reason I can't waste time with vendors like you.

Please, READ the other threads. They're real testimonials from people who should be your best customers. And you crap all over them. For shame.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:13 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Its a yard. Isnt that always like a crap shoot? I know you should go in and look at the part youre getting but if youren in NH you cant. But in every YARD I have been in I have inspected the part whether its a 10 dollar toyota part or a 1000 Porsche part. You take your chances with any YARD part, dont you? LAPD couldnt know the exact condition of every used part they sell.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:16 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

lowflying said
your comment is out of content.
I thought my comment had plenty of content. And given I am mexican I feel I am fully qualified to talk about immigrants- legal and illegal.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:35 AM
Autobahn
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=Kevin;5079384]...At that point who cares about the abuse they give you...QUOTE]

I do!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by laporsche
TO ANYONE READING THIS, DON'T FORGET THERE ARE 2 SIDES TO EVERY STORY! I won't even bother going into all the details about Jostein's purchase but he basically wants us to pay for an engine overhaul that he told us he was going to do before he even purchased from us! He sent the engine to RUF, what do you think they are going to do, look at it and push it into the corner? We sent him a very good engine and he knows it. He threatened if we didn't send him MORE free parts he'd talk trash about us here. Wow, we're shaking in our boots. We know the shop who is doing the work and know more than he thinks we know. I started searching through posts, some good, some bad. Most that call want perfect for next to nothing. We have been in business since the 80's and aren't going anywhere. We have expanded 10 times over and continue to grow every year. We are a family owned business, we have a great team, we stand behind our product and do our best to provide the best service we can. It costs a lot of money to buy these cars, store them and dismantler them piece by piece, no we're not giving anything away for free. We're not perfect and we admit it. Are all of you and the companies you work for so perfect? If you have a problem with a previous order and you want to address a situation, let me know I'm here to listen.
Sara
VP
818 POR-SCHE (767-7243)
http://911pcar.com
Wow, opinions are like ********, everyone has them. If you are going to talk, give me your name so I can see what you purchased big talker. When was this, ages ago? I won't say we haven't had problems in the past, bad employees and so forth. One can only look forward to the future and try to correct mistakes we have made. I did search, there are also a lot of very nice people who have made very nice comments. To be honest I'd rather deal with them than others who live in a negative world and want everyone to know it. Did you ship your part back? If you were unhappy we would have offered a refund we have never been firm about store credits unless you try to rip us off in return.
We have never ripped anyone off, in fact in certain situations we have been more than fair trying to go the extra mile. Great how you guys have all these stories but hid behind your secret ID and won't reveal your true identity to get to the bottom of the matter. As stated there are always two sides. If you had sent back any parts you were unhappy with you would have received a refund and moved on. Instead you want to bitch and moan about how you were wronged by everyone. Maybe you should have stood up for yourselves in the beginning and are disappointed that you didn't. I bet 1/2 of you guys complaining are still using the parts we provided.

If your complaint is about price, we charge market rates, no we can't complete against private party transactions. They don't have overhead like us, these cars go for top dollar, storage, insurance, employees all cost money. If you can find it for less than by all means take that route! I applaud you for being a good consumer. We want what we want for parts especially on items no longer available. If we've been holding on to this stuff for this long it gets more expensive as the years pass.

We have served 1000's of customers all around the world and any business will have a handful of people that are not happy, it's just business. Your claims are unsubustantiated until proven, only words you have written. You guys trash ALL the yards if you look through past posts but we yards are the reasons many many Porsches stay on the roads. We just get your aftermath and help clean up messes you make. Plenty of posts state, "hey why don't you get if from a junkyard' for a reason. We are just a family with a love for Porsches trying to make a living. Hmmm... just like the rest of you (unless you are independently wealthy of course).

Sara
VP
818 POR-SCHE (767-7243)
http://911pcar.com
Just picked up my two toddlers from ballet and though I would check the post. Back to Jostein, since I know the engine came out of a running/driving car, RUF is the one laughing all the way to the bank. I love Mr. RUF and his brand but who pays $17k extra (if that is even the real $). Do you know how many times we have heard horror stories about mechanics? Everyone wants to blame the parts people. We have taken working tested parts, sent them out only to find dealers/mechanics saying our parts are no good so they can up-sell them on somthing they have for a bigger profit because they don't like when customers find parts themselves at a lower cost and less margin for them.

As for what I wrote, I don't regret it. Let me re-cap. Todd has been into Porsches since he was a kid, had his first SC at 16, (took it apart and put it back together again for fun). I have been with him half my life. I went to Pepperdine business school and studied his industry and became involved. I suggested he start a Porsche (he did Honda & Acura before) only yard and then there we were. Me in my PJ's at home answering the phone. We outgrew every location we though was enough room and just settled into a new warehouse last February that is again streatching at the seams (real estate is $$ in LA, unlike some of our competitors). We have grown to 10 sales people (and could probably use a few more) through sweat, tears, good and bad employees, theft, fraud and everything else. All this without ever advertising except a website and ebay. Four of those years I was pregnant or nursing still trying to come in as often as I could to help out. This is our other baby.

Yeah, I might sound bitchy or agressive but who wouldn't? Imagine someone telling you about a post on a site attacking something that is so close to heart when you know only 1/2 of what has been said is even true! Some of you sound like you have made up your opinion to not like us and I'm OK with that. You think you were wronged by us (weather true or not, customer expectations in this industry are sometimes over the top, all for nothing kind of thing). I try to hire other people to conduct customer service because that is not my forte (tough German hertitage I guess). I'm aware of that. But personal attacks are something else. Stating we are scamming people, frauding people, calling me a stripper on one post (even though I am a 6ft blond), attacking non-Americans (I'm from Kansas myself) are uncalled for. I stopped reading Rennlist long ago because it seems like you guys get off throwing mud at everyone else acting like you sit in a perfect bubble. As for local customers, yeah face to face is always best in any situation. That doesnt mean they always get more or better. Yeah, shipping is slow sometimes, try managing a daily yard full of customers wanting a window switch and that thingy under the hood, while your dismantlers have to stop what they are doing (trying to cut and pack a front clip to ship half way around the world).

Wish I had saved all the nice comments over the years from customers where they say we have saved them. From Porsche dealerships & designated Porsche repair facilities around the country to race teams to insurance adjustors and of course private customers. Our business is almost exactly 50% retail & 50% wholesale, I know becuse I have to send in a report every year with the breakdown to the city of LA.

I thank those that have stood up for us, it takes guts to retaliate against some rennlist diehards. Who doesn't want to jump on a negative bandwagon and rant about someone else (and you call me agressive). For the rest of you, I truly hope you never need us. It is not my wish to see any Porsche go down in flames, but they do, and we will continue to support the brand as well as the drivers. Anyone that has been to our place knows the phone never stops ringing and we get 1000's of emails daily. We must be doing something right. For the millions of parts we have sold over the years, yeah there are going to be some bad apples in the mix, used parts are not perfect. If you like the dealer then by all means go there. Like someone said before, most of the yards, dealers & shops source from us since we have the largest inventory (we even ship to Germany imagine). You would be supprised ito know some of the parts existing on your cars from previous owners are from us. And here, I thought women were caddy, they have nothing on you guys. To quote my husband, the Porsche world is like a soap opera "As the wrench turns". Maybe I should contact a reality show. Anyone here an agent? And for the Porsche experts, since you guys say we don't know what we're doing, you want a job, we're hiring...
Archived. You might consider taking a course in public relations. Besides an unbelievable amount of invective that does nothing to uphold your reputation, what I see here is a company that over promises and under delivers based on either poor knowledge of the product and slow service/shipping, to name a few. Based on the archives here on Rennlist, it's clear that many have had issues with LAPD.

BTW, here is my limited experience dealing with this company: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/300240-is-la-porsche-dismantlers-always-like-this-survey-says-yes-pretty-much.html

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 02-08-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:34 AM
melman911
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

am mexican I feel I am fully qualified to talk about immigrants
Oh BS. Pendejo!
Old 02-08-2008, 11:35 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

what do you mean BS? and why the name calling?BTW I am from Texas. I now live near the San joaquin valley and have been
here since 78, whats your problem?
I know the subject
Old 02-08-2008, 11:58 AM
melman911
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

whats your problem?
My problem is with your comments. Being hispanic and labeling someone as "illegal" simply by their skin color is just plain stupid. This country has enough of that going on outside your race baboso. Doesn't matter where you are from. I say this because you have no clue as to where their employees are from. But stating that they are "illegal" is pure racial profiling.

Last edited by melman911; 02-08-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:04 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 264 Posts

now now back on subject.

Quick Reply: LOS ANGELES DISMANTLERS = LA PORSCHE