Sponsored by:

LOS ANGELES DISMANTLERS = LA PORSCHE

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

where are the pictures of the collection?

Last edited by Only1Buck; 07-11-2008 at 12:33 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-11-2008, 12:58 AM
sonny1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder what kind of titles this collection of cars might have?????!!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:45 AM
biiig-hp
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must thank LA Porsche for making me realize that I can afford new parts from the dealer. It is WELL worth the little extra to buy new. After two transactions with them I’ll never buy used again. Being in another country is a huge disadvantage.

Ps. Keep up the great work on this thread!
Old 07-15-2008, 11:20 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pjconner
I had a good experience with them recently. I bought the complete rear seat set-up for my car with rear seat delete. They were the only US salvage yard with the set I needed and red rear seat belts.

I spoke to the owner at 2pm pacific. Ordered the set. And 2 hours later received a shipping notice. 3 days later it showed up in excellent condition. One part was missing. I called and it arrived 3 days later.

So, I don't know if my experience was atypical, but I am very satisfied and will use them again.
But, Patrick, why would you be satisfied with getting a missing part 3 days later? All the parts should have been there from the beginning. At the very least, they should have FedEx the missing part overnight...not 3 days after the fact.

You are too patient (probably a good thing!).

Last edited by No HTwo O; 07-15-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by stephenlin44
If you have been ripped off by Los Angeles Porsche Dismantler......
stephenlin44 – So, you posted for the first time on Rennlist today on four different threads with the same exact message; all targeting LA Porsche Dismantler. Is there more to the story?

I have bought numerous things from them for my 993 and Boxster S without a problem. They are great folks.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:49 PM
jayster
Instructor

In fairness, I have purchased a few used powerplants in my day. None have been exactly what I expected, and I know what to expect.... huh?
Anyway, what Im getting at is, look at a used engine as carefully as your second wife, you know, all the **** you missed the first time around....
Anyway, any engine that is used , is just that, used. Some have lived hard lives, some have only tip toed around on Sunday, till the old lady hit a tree or something...
Bottom line is purchase shrewdly, ask questions, ask for references, especially if you lack "juice" as you clearly do. Get pictures, and a list...of what is included, and what is not. Ditto on the guarantee, get it in writing.
Why do I say this? Because, it is the way I deal with any dismantler , including Todd. I have to date purchased 3 complete low mile engines with paperwork from L.A.P.D..
I have been happy with the purchases. Also, when I needed a part that was overlooked or broken, ( which does happen, I'm guilty of mistakes...) they have rectified to my satisfaction.
And as soon as the economy improves, I will purchase again.
I also realize people have different experiences, unique to any situation. I hope this helps avoid problems in the future.
Jay Putnam.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

my observations: if you are local they may treat you right, if you are far away and deal with them...bend over.
it was reported (true or not) that the authorities have closed these guys down for fraud.
enough people have had bad experiences that I would not ever consider dealing with them.
very bad Karma.
oh and what goes around comes around
Old 06-06-2009, 09:17 PM
abolfaz
Racer

Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by jostein
I“Porsche 993 Turbo Engine” and found an engine at a company located in Los Angeles called Los Angeles Dismantlers (LAD),

transferred a total of US$23 600 to LAD.
Originally Posted by pole position
Todd/Sare provide top service with reasonable prices.

A 40k mile core TT motor for $23,600? That doesn't fit my definition of reasonable.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:57 PM
red89
Racer

Originally Posted by abolfaz
A 40k mile core TT motor for $23,600? That doesn't fit my definition of reasonable.

why would anyone pay it if it weren't reasonable?
(wasn't?)

Last edited by red89; 06-09-2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 06-09-2009, 09:40 AM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

No comment on LAD, havent dealt with them.

Two years ago ... sold used low mile engine (along with body shell, trans, suspens, wheels, etc..etc..the whole lot/complete car - though body shell and wheels were wreck - 993TTS) for $23,000 plus shipping.

Wish we've met at the time....could have sold it for much more!! (since you were willing to pay that much for engine alone! ;-)

I'm sorry to hear about yr encounter with LAD. Myself, wud never trust salvage parts dealer...any dealer...be it Porsche or other.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:31 PM
laporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello. This is Leo from LA dismantler.

I have been following up on this tread for a while now and i read many negative and positive post about us.

One thing i would like to say is "Yes" we are a dismantler(Junk Yard). All parts we sell are used and sometimes NEW.

If you want parts for your Porsche and want it in perfect mint condition, Only way to do that is to purchase new from the dealership and pay retail. BUT if you want to save some money and get a previously owned parts, We are the solution.

Some parts we send out might not be in condition as you expected. In many cases we tell/ask a customer if he/she would like to see the picture of the actual parts we are about to send out. This way you know what you are getting and expectation is met.

If you want to purchase something from us, Please call us! Emails sometime just doesn't cut it when buying expensive parts! Specially an engine and transmission and other drive/powertrain parts

We get about 200 emails per day requesting parts from all over the world. Sometimes we do get overwhelmed but we do our best to keep customers happy. We are not here to screw you over! That is not our intention.

All of us here actually enjoy working here and it is great working environment. i have worked for other parts/dismantler before and this place is by far the most professional/clean junk yard i have ever been to and work for.

We are not marketing driven company! As you all know already, the Boss(Todd & Sara) started this business as a hobby. Todd and Sara loves Porsche as much as you all do We respect our customers and value you very much.

So when i see or when we see these posts, It hurts us, not meaning in business, it hurts as individuals. and please if you have any problems with us or parts just simply call us! It is so easy to make small problems into big ones like this and make the thread go on forever. Let's stop all this. Just call us! All of us hate emails! We like talking to people! More of a human connection

I am not trying to change your mind about us. i know i can't make everyone happy. BUT I DO try and I do my best to describe the parts you are buying.

So call us. If we ever disappointed you. I am so sorry for all of us. We will do better.

Happy Motoring

Sincerely
Leo
Old 06-09-2009, 09:54 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Leo-- Good to see you've learned from Sara's rant reaction to a related thread here years ago. 'Nuff said on that.

For the record, I don't think I've ever met or dealt with you.
Your post is pretty consistent with my experience with LA(P)D. Not a perfect business, but overall I've been very impressed by the effort your co-workers go to on my behalf. I mostly seek rare parts that are hard to find anywhere, often not even available from the dealer. Now your peers contact me when they find a piece I need. I appreciate that.

Your prices are usually reasonable, & when they're not the person on the other end of the phone (or e-mail) is copasetic as I voice a reality check of competing options if I've found elsewhere.
Usually pleasant interactions with usually pleasant & professional - while very busy - folks. Based solely on my experience, you guys are sometimes incredibly gracious, to include Todd showing me some nearly unbelievable hospitality.

Impressive line-up of P-cars in your sig block. Care to share shots of your 993 Turbo & 993 Turbo S?
Old 06-22-2009, 03:02 AM
MatteBlack993
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by laporsche
We have never ripped anyone off, in fact in certain situations we have been more than fair trying to go the extra mile. Great how you guys have all these stories but hid behind your secret ID and won't reveal your true identity to get to the bottom of the matter. As stated there are always two sides. If you had sent back any parts you were unhappy with you would have received a refund and moved on. Instead you want to bitch and moan about how you were wronged by everyone. Maybe you should have stood up for yourselves in the beginning and are disappointed that you didn't. I bet 1/2 of you guys complaining are still using the parts we provided.

If your complaint is about price, we charge market rates, no we can't complete against private party transactions. They don't have overhead like us, these cars go for top dollar, storage, insurance, employees all cost money. If you can find it for less than by all means take that route! I applaud you for being a good consumer. We want what we want for parts especially on items no longer available. If we've been holding on to this stuff for this long it gets more expensive as the years pass.

We have served 1000's of customers all around the world and any business will have a handful of people that are not happy, it's just business. Your claims are unsubustantiated until proven, only words you have written. You guys trash ALL the yards if you look through past posts but we yards are the reasons many many Porsches stay on the roads. We just get your aftermath and help clean up messes you make. Plenty of posts state, "hey why don't you get if from a junkyard' for a reason. We are just a family with a love for Porsches trying to make a living. Hmmm... just like the rest of you (unless you are independently wealthy of course).

Sara
VP
818 POR-SCHE (767-7243)
http://911pcar.com
Over the last three years I have spent over $10,000.00 at LAPD. I thought I had found the answer to my prayers up until I was just plain robbed by Todd. I had bought a complete wiring harness for a 993tt, or so that's what I paid for. What was sent to me was at best half of what I should have got. I tried to contact LAPD for months and they just gave me the run around. I even tried calling Todd on his cell and once he realized it was me he would just pretend he doesn't speak English. I still have my receipt and the joke of a complete harness. I truly wouldn't mind taking some pics to show you all what these thieves have sold me for $2000.00.

I have no reason to lie about this I just wish I lived in the area so that I may have this conversation with him face to face.

My invoice #10963 For Todd's use
Old 06-22-2009, 04:15 PM
laporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MatteBlack993
Over the last three years I have spent over $10,000.00 at LAPD. I thought I had found the answer to my prayers up until I was just plain robbed by Todd. I had bought a complete wiring harness for a 993tt, or so that's what I paid for. What was sent to me was at best half of what I should have got. I tried to contact LAPD for months and they just gave me the run around. I even tried calling Todd on his cell and once he realized it was me he would just pretend he doesn't speak English. I still have my receipt and the joke of a complete harness. I truly wouldn't mind taking some pics to show you all what these thieves have sold me for $2000.00.

I have no reason to lie about this I just wish I lived in the area so that I may have this conversation with him face to face.

My invoice #10963 For Todd's use
Hello

I took a look at your invoice.

It seems like you have talked with Todd in many occasion, so this does not make any sense about Todd acting this way.

Do you really think he will act like he does not speak English? Come on...

Yes Please take a picture of the wiring harness and post it here. If this is true and you did not get the complete wiring harness. I will send you another unit.

and if you decide to cut it up and make it look like we did not send you the complete unit. The joke is going to be on you.

You are more then welcome to call me about this matter if you choose.

So if you did not have the complete wiring harness, i assume you did not complete the project from 12/07?

If you have a problems or questions about your purchase. CALL US!!!

I am trying to make things right but it is pretty hard to correct the mistakes or problems if you don't let us know.

Call us

Thanks
Leo
Old 06-22-2009, 10:25 PM
MatteBlack993
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by laporsche
Hello

I took a look at your invoice.

It seems like you have talked with Todd in many occasion, so this does not make any sense about Todd acting this way.

Do you really think he will act like he does not speak English? Come on...

Yes Please take a picture of the wiring harness and post it here. If this is true and you did not get the complete wiring harness. I will send you another unit.

and if you decide to cut it up and make it look like we did not send you the complete unit. The joke is going to be on you.

You are more then welcome to call me about this matter if you choose.

So if you did not have the complete wiring harness, i assume you did not complete the project from 12/07?

If you have a problems or questions about your purchase. CALL US!!!

I am trying to make things right but it is pretty hard to correct the mistakes or problems if you don't let us know.

Call us

Thanks
Leo
I would love nothing more then to resolve this issue. I would never cut the harness to make you look bad. If you keep records of transactions you will notice I'm not cheep. I just want to be treated fairly with respect. The fact that your willing to attempt to resolve this issue gives me hope that we can do business in the future. Like I said, once I found your yard I thought my prayers have been answered. It's too late now but I'll call you tomorrow, I truly hope we can resolve this.

Quick Reply: LOS ANGELES DISMANTLERS = LA PORSCHE