Sponsored by:

LOS ANGELES DISMANTLERS = LA PORSCHE

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 09:33 PM
tar6day
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the internet! Beware bad customer service!
Old 02-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

I have bought many many parts from LA Porsche Dismantlers. I have met both Todd and Sara. I have had nothing but great experiences with them. I have returned items without issues. I will be back to them when I need anything for my 993!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:41 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by laporsche
Wow, opinions are like ********, everyone has them. If you are going to talk, give me your name so I can see what you purchased big talker. When was this, ages ago? I won't say we haven't had problems in the past, bad employees and so forth. One can only look forward to the future and try to correct mistakes we have made. I did search, there are also a lot of very nice people who have made very nice comments. To be honest I'd rather deal with them than others who live in a negative world and want everyone to know it. Did you ship your part back? If you were unhappy we would have offered a refund we have never been firm about store credits unless you try to rip us off in return.
Gee, somehow I don't feel real compelled to give you any information, much less my name. I wonder why that is?
Keep yapping, you are making my point for me.

And you say "opinion"? No. I stated a few facts. You really don't want me to go into detail again. It really won't help LAPD or improve it's image.
Oh yeah, you caught me. I was trying to "rip you off in return". Geez.
Ciao.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:43 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
I have bought many many parts from LA Porsche Dismantlers. I have met both Todd and Sara. I have had nothing but great experiences with them. I have returned items without issues. I will be back to them when I need anything for my 993!
I'm glad for you Chuck. I have heard the same kind of thing again and again. Dealing with them face to face is most often where the success stories come from. This seems to be the concensus when this has come up before.
I was too far away...
Old 02-07-2008, 12:04 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

LAPD is a once in a lifetime opportunity.... buy from them once in your life and never again. Sorry to hear about the engine ripoff, but somehow I'm not surprised.

I bought for them and was sent a badly misrepresented, broken part that later I found out I could have bough BRAND NEW at the porsche dealership for less! When I called to complain, no refund or credit was offered. I was basically told...tough luck and they hung up on me. The part didn't work, and it still sits in my garage as a reminder...

I said it before and say it again...avoid LAPD like the plague! They don't call these places JUNK yards for nothing...
Old 02-07-2008, 12:10 AM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 184 Posts

Hey fellas let me grab some PC...seems like this thread is getting interesting...and some one ( guess who ) will go in
Old 02-07-2008, 10:53 AM
laporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We have never ripped anyone off, in fact in certain situations we have been more than fair trying to go the extra mile. Great how you guys have all these stories but hid behind your secret ID and won't reveal your true identity to get to the bottom of the matter. As stated there are always two sides. If you had sent back any parts you were unhappy with you would have received a refund and moved on. Instead you want to bitch and moan about how you were wronged by everyone. Maybe you should have stood up for yourselves in the beginning and are disappointed that you didn't. I bet 1/2 of you guys complaining are still using the parts we provided.

If your complaint is about price, we charge market rates, no we can't complete against private party transactions. They don't have overhead like us, these cars go for top dollar, storage, insurance, employees all cost money. If you can find it for less than by all means take that route! I applaud you for being a good consumer. We want what we want for parts especially on items no longer available. If we've been holding on to this stuff for this long it gets more expensive as the years pass.

We have served 1000's of customers all around the world and any business will have a handful of people that are not happy, it's just business. Your claims are unsubustantiated until proven, only words you have written. You guys trash ALL the yards if you look through past posts but we yards are the reasons many many Porsches stay on the roads. We just get your aftermath and help clean up messes you make. Plenty of posts state, "hey why don't you get if from a junkyard' for a reason. We are just a family with a love for Porsches trying to make a living. Hmmm... just like the rest of you (unless you are independently wealthy of course).

Sara
VP
818 POR-SCHE (767-7243)
http://911pcar.com
Old 02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts
Thumbs down

"I bet 1/2 of you guys complaining are still using the parts we provided. " Sara

they admit that half the parts sold to aren't usable!

I haven't dealt w/ these guys but it seems clear that unless you are local they don't sell you quality parts (at least half the time)

and Sara, it is nice of you to chime in but you certainly are not helping your family business. It is clear from posts that your company has problems with integrity when shipping parts, (half the time damaged or not as represented) If your intention is to restore integrity to your business, put an offer out to refund any parts that were not shipped as expected. I am sure many would love to take you up on the offer.

It seems that from my experience with any junk yards that they think they can be a-holes after they have your money, and customers are intimidated as the junk yards act like scum and have nothing to lose. however I am sure there are some honorable businesses out there.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:03 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

wow.
well, since you seem to enjoy the abuse (I can only assume this since you are not really improving your image via your posts) go read this one: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=35947
As for the claim that people are "hiding behind their secret ID". Gimme a break. You came here and starting substantiating exactly the kind of feedback people have shared as their experience with LAPD (I mean the ones who had problems. Not ALL have had an issue with LAPD).
Your tone has not been one of a business attempting to redeem or improve itself. Rather, it has been agressive and abrasive.

So, why in the heck would I be compelled to give you any personal info here or elsewhere? Seriously... all this has done is confirm my opinion.
So, some free advice: When you want Customers to return, you treat them kindly. Attacking them won't work.

By the way, there are a couple of your competitors who are pretty good at Customer service. I call them when I need something from a pcar wrecking yard. I fully realize they may source the part from you (that is how the business works) and that is OK. Why? Because I know they will deal with me fairly and honestly. So I return to do more business.

Try to have a nice day.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:06 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by laporsche
Wow, opinions are like ********, everyone has them. If you are going to talk, give me your name so I can see what you
<snip>
If you were unhappy we would have offered a refund we have never been firm about store credits unless you try to rip us off in return.
this seems like a VERY CLASSY business.
thanks for posting Sara.

be safe

Craig
Old 02-07-2008, 05:03 PM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

this seems like a VERY CLASSY business.
thanks for posting Sara
No kidding. Was trying to look at this thing from both stand points. Man I would never deal with this type of attitude. I can just hear her telling a non satisfied customer where they could put their broken part. Should have just not said anything Sara. No tact.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

What do you guys want Valet parking> Nordstroms service.. If that's the case, maybe Todd and Sara should open up a phone line dedicated for that service. And charge dearly for it. I order Genuine Porsche parts weekly and get them flown into my shop daily. They come wrecked mispacked and recently I ordered a set of 996TT engine rings at pricing 10x what you would pay for OEM Mahle rings. Guess what... One package was opened/and sealed back up with a Porsche Tech's grease placed finger prints. Do you think that makes you have confidence?? The ringset could have been dropped, you never know what the story is/was.. But it was from a Genuine Porsche new part from Porsche. I have recently ordered a brand new 997TT rear quarter panel. The panel arrived with fork lift tire tread marks on a flattened panel. In a box that was sealed with no damage!! I had to wait another 3 weeks for another panel.

I have spent thousands of dollars with LA Porsche. You have to realize that you are buying USED parts off of salvaged cars. If you are looking for new parts buy new. However, there are parts that just aren't available from Porsche.. The are on 6 month back orders or longer. If you can't get them, you will pay dearly for them.. I am in no way saying that I have received correct parts every time, but I will say that Todd has worked thru the issues consistantly and covered the defects and have made it right over the last 10 years that I have known him.

Like every business problems arrise. I admire Sara for at least coming on Rennlist to show her face. She has said that she offers refunds. If you don't like the part ship it back.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:16 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I too have ordered thousands of dollars worth of stuff. Everything from cam gears to motors and have had nothing but good encounters. While some things have come in questionable a quick call to Todd or Sara directly and it is fixed. Here is another example...I needed a set of 993TT heads. Todd had a motor with heads, after begging him he tore the motor down just to accommodate me and then sold them to me well below market value. In addition to that I couldn't even buy them from Porsche at the time as they were not in the US nor Germany. Everyone else had told me to get lost.

Bottom line if there is an issue go straight to them and not the employees and or send the part back. they will make good on it. Given the chance I think you will see Todd and Sara are very good people.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:33 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevin
What do you guys want Valet parking> Nordstroms service..

Nope, just honesty.
and maybe a little less anger... did you guys read any of the previous posts?
Glad you are happy with them. Many folks must be since they appear to be doing a pretty good business.
But I'd venture to guess that dealing with them from a B2B standpoint is likely very different than a standard consumer.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:45 PM
melman911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

and maybe a little less anger
+1 There is a better way to handle this as a merchant. Coming on here and talking about ******** and options when someone has a complaint is a little much.

Quick Reply: LOS ANGELES DISMANTLERS = LA PORSCHE