Sponsored by:

My AX22 tests

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 04:07 AM
Jussi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MOD500
As an aside, I hear the RUF front spoiler is not the best option.
tell me more about that? In what way it is not a good choice? aero&downforce, handling, high speed driving, trackdays - or what?
I have no other info about it except it is cool/best looking..
Old 08-31-2007, 04:37 AM
pete95zhn
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 63 Posts

Jussi, have you been in contact with Juha? ( This is his build thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum/326765-engine-rebuild.html ). It was dynoed 434.1 kW / 787.5 Nm @ 1.1bar / OAT +2 ( both crank, not wheel ). At OAT +29 550hv and 750Nm @ 1.1 bar.

Then there's this third 993 turbo project going on nearby, with EvoMS tuned GT2 engine, came in a crate straight from AZ...
Old 08-31-2007, 04:50 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Jussi
tell me more about that? In what way it is not a good choice? aero&downforce, handling, high speed driving, trackdays - or what?
I have no other info about it except it is cool/best looking..
I think MOD is reffering to the information given to me by Marc Bongers who works for Ruf when I enquired about the effectiveness of the Turbo S set up and then about the CTR2 front spoiler, since he has detail about Cds in his book. Here is the reply he sent me:

thank you for your e-mail. I do not have any aerodynamic figures about the down force of the 993 turbo S. I know, that the additional front spoiler, that is fixed on the front bumper and the bi-plane rear wing improve the down force. The Cd and the front surface is the same as the standard car. Maybe you can get some information from the factory Porsche direct.
I would not recommend the CTR 2 front and rear bumper any more.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:59 AM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by pete95zhn
Jussi, have you been in contact with Juha? ( This is his build thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326765 ). It was dynoed 434.1 kW / 787.5 Nm @ 1.1bar / OAT +2 ( both crank, not wheel ). At OAT +29 550hv and 750Nm @ 1.1 bar.

Then there's this third 993 turbo project going on nearby, with EvoMS tuned GT2 engine, came in a crate straight from AZ...
Yes, I know that another Juha very well. We are friends and have been sharing our cars' info a lot. He is the best Porsche slalom driver in Finland. I was in Jurva (Botniaring) race track last week to follow his marvellous driving.

Is that third 993 turbo coming to Finland or Sweden?
Old 08-31-2007, 05:10 AM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by TB993tt
I think MOD is reffering to the information given to me by Marc Bongers who works for Ruf when I enquired about the effectiveness of the Turbo S set up and then about the CTR2 front spoiler, since he has detail about Cds in his book. Here is the reply he sent me:

thank you for your e-mail. I do not have any aerodynamic figures about the down force of the 993 turbo S. I know, that the additional front spoiler, that is fixed on the front bumper and the bi-plane rear wing improve the down force. The Cd and the front surface is the same as the standard car. Maybe you can get some information from the factory Porsche direct.
I would not recommend the CTR 2 front and rear bumper any more.
Thanks for that info!
I have also those Turbo S spoilers in my garage waiting installations but in last months I have been wondering that RUF front spoiler.. but now I can return my original plan and save +2000 euros in that RUF front spoiler..
Old 08-31-2007, 05:11 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

yes, I have noticed
Here the physics laws are overruled and new power terms are discovered.. but hey, that's funny readings

3) TB's 520 "RS or Porsche hp" car with 2WD and 1465kg does 60-130 in 6.9 seconds

And when going faster and using much realistic hps:
My 700hp? 4WD car does 100-250 km/h in 10.5 seconds and
TB's 620hp? 2WD car does 100-250 km/h in 12 seconds..

So, what is my point? My point is that the car still have only one hp value.(period). I only understand hp, kw and bhp values..
I guess there was a language problem somewhere or you didn't read the "excuses" thread properly: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hlight=excuses
The 520hp was for the runs I did at that vmax - read the thread and all will be revealed. The 6.9s run was done at a later date with full power resumed courtesy of an intercooler sensor lead and "favourable" conditions
Whilst there is still mockery about from people who think a 250kph run (in isolation without looking properly at impending IAT issues) reveals "Porsche hp"
then my "curves" are still top secret
Old 08-31-2007, 05:17 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for that info!
I have also those Turbo S spoilers in my garage waiting installations but in last months I have been wondering that RUF front spoiler.. but now I can return my original plan and save +2000 euros in that RUF front spoiler..
Yes that was my plan also, the CTR2 spoiler is great looking and IMO looks awesome with the Turbo S rear - like on Steve's Arena Ruf
Hence why I asked the question. I was pretty impresed with Bongers' honesty, he could have told me anything as I was ready to bite...

The consensus seems to be that whilst you can really pin the 993 to the ground with GT2 EVO bodywork to have a 993tt which will still accelerate over 200kph effectively means lift - I think the sloped windscreen will have a very beneficial effect.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:23 AM
pete95zhn
Former Vendor

Is that third 993 turbo coming to Finland or Sweden?

Järvenpää
Old 08-31-2007, 05:25 AM
Jussi
Pro

I guess there was a language problem somewhere or you didn't read the "excuses" thread properly: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hlight=excuses
The 520hp was for the runs I did at that vmax - read the thread and all will be revealed. The 6.9s run was done at a later date with full power resumed courtesy of an intercooler sensor lead and "favourable" conditions
Whilst there is still mockery about from people who think a 250kph run (in isolation without looking properly at impending IAT issues) reveals "Porsche hp"
then my "curves" are still top secret
Yes TB, I have read that topic and know that case but my point was to show what is your secret when you beat all 550, 570, 590, 610 hp Porsches and referring your "very low" own hp readings.

But I really like that Jean will also calculate (and show) your car's power from that 100-200 4th gear run because it is very good estimate for that purpose !

And what comes to "my Kaboom problem" when I will do that 0-330kmh test and for people who don't quite understand proper Motronic/ECU tuning:
ECU also lowers boost pressure when facing enough heat.
So you can't call that for "fixed boost" version even if it set up for that 1.31 max..
Old 08-31-2007, 05:27 AM
Jussi
Pro

Järvenpää
WOW!

Then that guy can also join here and show some nice result with "Finnish XXX hp" car
Old 08-31-2007, 05:31 AM
pete95zhn
Former Vendor

WOW!

Then that guy can also join here and show some nice result with "Finnish XXX hp" car
Well Hessu really doesn't hang out in the 'Net, he's busy painting cars... Then there's few tuned 996 turbos ( One EvoMS and another Cargraphic, I guess ) and this 997 turbo with EvoMS's EVT-690R kit around Helsinki.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:37 AM
Jussi
Pro

Well Hessu really doesn't hang out in the 'Net, he's busy painting cars...
Good for him, this is very time consuming job..
I have to also little cut my hanging time here and focus to more essential things..
Old 08-31-2007, 05:40 AM
Jussi
Pro

..997 turbo with EvoMS's EVT-690R kit around Helsinki.
I know that guy also. Very nice cobalt blue 997 turbo and his register plate numbers means something
btw. I were in his car last trackday in Ahvenisto when he showed how that newer technic monster rides.. I have to say, I was scared He had semislicks and nice G forces..
Old 08-31-2007, 05:42 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes TB, I have read that topic and know that case but my point was to show what is your secret when you beat all 550, 570, 590, 610 hp Porsches and referring your "very low" own hp readings.

But I really like that Jean will also calculate (and show) your car's power from that 100-200 4th gear run because it is very good estimate for that purpose !

And what comes to "my Kaboom problem" when I will do that 0-330kmh test and for people who don't quite understand proper Motronic/ECU tuning:
ECU also lowers boost pressure when facing enough heat.
So you can't call that for "fixed boost" version even if it set up for that 1.31 max..
Jussi, now you have me even more confused..... You do not have fixed boost ie an external boost controller ? This function is handled by the Motronic via the N75 valve wastegate actuation ?
If yes then is your 1.3bar a maximum at peak torque or at max power ? how does the Motronic typically vary the boost during a run up to peak power in a higher gear ?
The Motronic will usually head for maximum boost at peak torque then the boost will drop as knock is approached - is this what yours does ?
Old 08-31-2007, 05:54 AM
Jussi
Pro

Jussi, now you have me even more confused.....
sorry for that
..This function is handled by the Motronic via the N75 valve wastegate actuation ?
ECU controls that wastegate actuator.
If yes then is your 1.3bar a maximum at peak torque or at max power ?
Max pressure 1.310bar is at max power.
how does the Motronic typically vary the boost during a run up to peak power in a higher gear ?
The Motronic will usually head for maximum boost at peak torque then the boost will drop as knock is approached - is this what yours does ?
I don't/remember very accurate what my Motronic tuner said when speaking about these. I just remember that he said something that wastegate start opening already at 0.7bar (I may be wrong?) and ECU control that and keep pressures at that max value which is programmed(1.3). max pressure is achieved at max hp area, about 6000-6500 RPM.

But really, I have to work now, otherwise I can't fund my hobby
I may do some tests in weekend.....

Quick Reply: My AX22 tests