Sponsored by:

My AX22 tests

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Jussi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jean
..you would be in reality below 0.36Gs. At that point you are at around 5612 RPMs.
With the above in mind, let us calculate your HP and torque at that point excluding drag.

Long G: 0.36
Speed: 129 Mph
Stock 993TT gearbox: 5th gear
Total weight: 3260 lbs
Tires: 295 x 30 x18 => Tyre OD in (In)= 25.0

Kph /1000 RPM: 60000*(PI*25.0/10^6)/3.227028))= 37.0
=>RPM at 207.66kph (129mph): 207.66/37*1000= 5,612 RPMs

FWTQ= 0.36*3260*25.0/2/12/3.227028/0.17 = 462 lbs = 626.4NM of torque.
FWHP= 626.4 x 5612/5252= 484.4 FWHP =361.2 KW

So at this datapoint in particular, you had about 626 NM of torque and 484 FWHP, excluding drag. You can imagine that we are very far away from your calculated 867NM! If you had 867NM, I would be betting that you ran beyond 1.3 Bar of boost, that BMEP does not lie.

I hope we don’t have to debate the calculations, they are very straightforward

The other items (negative acceleration items) are not included here.
Could you calculate my torque [Nm] and horsepower [hp] at that datapoint with using 17% transmission lost and do not exclude anything (like drag).

I only want to know how much I have Nm and hp(or kW) at that datapoint.

After that we can talk more..
Old 09-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by Stummel
In theory all you 3 guys had enough horses to go 330+ kph with the right gear ratio.
Where did you buy that longer 6th gearbox (or just gear). is that from Techart?
How much? Do you know is it a big job?
Techart also sell sport transmission 2 where are 3,4,5,6 gears changed.

I just calculated that IF I would change that 911 special windscreen and that would lower my Cd from 0.34 to 0.33.. I could go over 350 with 610Nm at 7300 RPM with that 0.7 6th gear and 295/30R18 tires.. cool but useless
Old 09-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Jussi
Could you calculate my torque [Nm] and horsepower [hp] at that datapoint with using 17% transmission lost and do not exclude anything (like drag).

I only want to know how much I have Nm and hp(or kW) at that datapoint.

After that we can talk more..
Jussi,

I have posted all the details, the rest is piece of cake, use your own assumptions. You are well below 800NM in any case.

I am not interested in debating further, because this is the usual pattern, you ask questions ad nauseam but at the end the only truth is the one you believe in. You seem to have the answers and seem to be playing games, and I am not interested.

The 17% loss are already factored above.

Looking at your HP estimate to beat 330kph, I am not surprised that you think we all have that huge HP/torque, your assumptions are too aggressive and don't match real life data, except in a highly heat-soaked engine. When you say "Porsche HP", that would not be the case, and 520BHP will be enough IMO, factoring for some losses.

Old 09-02-2007, 03:03 AM
Jussi
Pro

..Th edevil is in the details! In your case, the 0.4G at 209 kph is clearly an aberration. Look at the trend in the long Gs before those spikes at around 209kph, you will see that you are trending at 0.36 at around 207 kph and dropping from there obviously..
I would say that the devil is also in basis things..
but you are right in that 0.36g, it might be better truth than that peak value 0.4g.. but then my 0.4 long G calcs is not comparable to your 0.36 G calcs..

..and in the second one which is a close up, you clearly see that the data cannot be used from that datapoint in particular (good choice of datapoint though ) at 129mph, you would be in reality below 0.36Gs. At that point you are at around 5612 RPMs.
My RPM calculation versus speed are pretty accurate..
I have already shown that Excel chart with equations, so you can use "search button".. but if you want evidence of that. Please check those run files how fast I can go with 4th gear before I change to 5th.. From my calculation, equation gives 203kmh at 7300rpm where is revlimiter set. Those 2 run files show that, the changing speed would be 204 or 203 in other case.
(Also OBD and incar video shows that relations)

FWTQ= 0.36*3260*25.0/2/12/3.227028/0.17 = 462 lbs = 626.4NM of torque.
FWHP= 626.4 x 5612/5252= 484.4 FWHP =361.2 KW
So at this datapoint in particular, you had about 626 NM of torque and 484 FWHP, excluding drag. You can imagine that we are very far away from your calculated 867NM!..
????? why do you want to give incorrect information to others and confess them...
of course you have take counterforces in these Nm / hp calculations.
so dont say people that I calculate and get 867Nm and you got only 626Nm and there is such a big difference..
Even if I use your rpm value, I got 780 Nm
and If I use my own calculation BUT that 0.36, I get 756Nm

Addition but little offtopic but check that anyway:
Manufacturer Volvo S60R dyno
factory dyno
My 2 calculation from measurements
my calcs

Last edited by Jussi; 09-02-2007 at 04:01 AM.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:01 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Jean: I gave you change but you didn't use that.. so, here are consequences.. but I try to behave gently
????? why do you want to give incorrect information to others and confess them...
of course you have take counterforces in these Nm / hp calculations.
so dont say people that I calculate and get 867Nm and you got only 626Nm and there is such a big difference..
Even if I use your rpm value, I got 780 Nm
and If I use my own calculation BUT that 0.36, I get 756Nm
Jussi,

You are a very funny character, consequences, behaviours, confessions, misleading people, what is this, conspiracy theory? Get real.

I have posted all the calculations in detail, and highlighted that drag losses are not included, where am I trying to mislead anyone? And why would I?

You RPM and speed values are incorrect, if you insist on using correction factors in your formulas, at least use them right, the tire gets taller, not shorter, when you reach high speeds, so look into it again. I don't see any calculations attached, just another meaningless and unsupported graph like all the speculative ones you posted earlier.

Your intentions are clearly highlighted in the fact that you very (un)smartly picked up a point where there was an aberration in your long Gs to pretend that you had high numbers. I showed it on the chart, quite a coincidence that you picked that point? You are not doing me any favours by admitting to the 0.36G, they are right there staring at you.

At least you admit to the sub-800NM numbers? Well this is what I told you didn't I? Great, at least there is some convergence of numbers.

Now I hope you don't mind if I leave you with your conspiracy theories and your million horsepower on this thread, this is the last thing I say about it, at the end of the day as long as you are happy with your data, what else can matter. You win, I loose
Old 09-02-2007, 04:18 AM
Stummel
Pro

I avoid buying from Techart as I do not want to pay there marketing division

Bought the gear from a rennlister who never had it installed.

There are two different makes that fit the 993. One is from the US and one from Germany. In this case the latter one is OEM quality, the US one needed some tweaking to fit and has less teeth so it runs a little louder.

You can get custom gears from RUF, 9FF (they use a lot of custom gears), albertweb.de (call them).

Keep in mind that acceleration suffers, my 430hp car was noticeably slower with the 0.7 gear and the shifting point would not fit unless I went to redline in 5th before upshifting.

Still would not call that useless

Where did you buy that longer 6th gearbox (or just gear). is that from Techart?
How much? Do you know is it a big job?
Techart also sell sport transmission 2 where are 3,4,5,6 gears changed.

I just calculated that IF I would change that 911 special windscreen and that would lower my Cd from 0.34 to 0.33.. I could go over 350 with 610Nm at 7300 RPM with that 0.7 6th gear and 295/30R18 tires.. cool but useless
Old 09-02-2007, 04:58 AM
Jussi
Pro

..where am I trying to mislead anyone? And why would I?
when comparing my result which are real hp/nm readings to your calcs which are without counterforces.. That confuses some people who don't understand these counterforce calculations like drag.

..You RPM and speed values are incorrect..
I think 203 km/h compared to 204 km/h is nothing..

At least you admit to the sub-800NM numbers? Well this is what I told you didn't I? Great, at least there is some convergence of numbers.
Yes, we are not very far with our calcs..
0.36 long G, 129mph, 3260lbs
you : 780Nm 458kW (623hp)
me : 756Nm 475kW (645hp)
biggest difference is in RPM and tire calculations..
Old 09-02-2007, 02:09 PM
biiig-hp
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jussi, I've read this thread and have to ask what your using for a fuelling system. there is no way you can make 700hp without upgrading your fuel pump, i.e. adding pumps. you may have listed this information but I did not notice it.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by biiig-hp
Jussi, I've read this thread and have to ask what your using for a fuelling system. there is no way you can make 700hp without upgrading your fuel pump, i.e. adding pumps. you may have listed this information but I did not notice it.
Yes, you are right, you have to add 3rd fuelpump or upgrade original to bigger.
We added 3rd fuel pump to keep good AFRs.. I had also much bigger injectors but that didn't help alone..

And also if you really have ++600hp, you need bigger MAF.
I had to change that because my stock MAF gave already 5.7v at 4500RPM.. And even now when I have that Ford lightning's "700hp" MAF, that gives 4.99v(max.value) when doing max. acceleration..

So these thing also proves my real 500kw..

How biiig is your biiig-hp ?
What mods? any 60-130 times or etc?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:14 PM
biiig-hp
Instructor

Depends on which car. I have an 87 factory slant that I’ve had for 13 years. It’s my street terror. It makes close to 750hp at 1.5 bar out of a single turbo with lots of lag and lots of fun for the street. Not an ideal build for most but I’m sentimentally attached to this car. The car weighs in at 2600lbs.

My 993 on the other hand is a 3.8tt putting out 700hp. This car is being built with NO EXPENSE SPARED. From the secan intercooler to the GTR brakes, motons motec etc....etc.... it may not be as fast as my 930 in a straight line but it will be more fun to drive!!
Old 09-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by biiig-hp
Depends on which car. I have an 87 factory slant that I’ve had for 13 years. It’s my street terror. It makes close to 750hp at 1.5 bar out of a single turbo with lots of lag and lots of fun for the street. Not an ideal build for most but I’m sentimentally attached to this car. The car weighs in at 2600lbs.

My 993 on the other hand is a 3.8tt putting out 700hp. This car is being built with NO EXPENSE SPARED. From the secan intercooler to the GTR brakes, motons motec etc....etc.... it may not be as fast as my 930 in a straight line but it will be more fun to drive!!
wow! now I know why you have that biiig-hp name

What kind of acceleration times you have got from that 700hp 993tt?
And how much does it weight?
Old 09-02-2007, 04:25 PM
biiig-hp
Instructor

I need another week and a half before I can post times with this motor. I'm waiting for my engine builder to fly on up her to finish the install and road and track tuning. I'll have some times to post on the weekend of the 14-16. the car is still awd but I will be doing the conversion to 2 wheel drive this winter. I have all the parts sitting here but won't do the conversion till I send the tranny down for a new main shaft and rebuild as well as a proper lsd. I don't want any more down time than needed... I want to enjoy it as much as I can. right now the car weighs 3050lbs and runs the 1/4 in 11.504@120.4 at 1 bar boost. this a with a knighton ecu and k24's.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Jussi
Pro

Old 09-04-2007, 03:36 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Speaking about IAT, I have done some test which gives light for that..
Outside temp. was 12 degrees

So Toby was right: temp goes near to first point (48 degree right?) where ECU would pull timing.
But on the other hand, I could achieve better result if I change that stock IC to better one.. but I have no money for Secan.. any other choices?

But as Stummel said, that heatsoak would not happen easily and not in occasional performance test(read: like some Mitsu EVO next to you at traffic lights.. )

TB: could you send me or publish your acceleration in 4th gear from 60 to 200 kmh where are that IAT?
I would like to see how that Secan performs.

Jussi
With one hand gripping the steering wheel and the Bosch Hammer, with it set at IAT and the other holding the wheel properly I gave it a blast down my private test road....
4th gear running from ~45mph going through peak torque with at least 1.1bar (I noticed the red light come on the boost gauge) and up to the rev limiter 7070rpm....
Ambient temp 18.5DegC running weight 1532kg
The maximum temperature on the Hammer at the limiter was 27DegC at 7070rpm in 4th.
I tried the same in 3rd and it reached 23DegC....

To truly assess the effectiveness of this Secan would need a back to back test on my engine with a stock I/C. It draws less than 1 bar most of the time and even with slightly higher than stock CR I think my engine is built for the long haul - It is actually difficult to get the IAT more than 3 DegC above ambient in normal driving conditions.....
I say to you TB, that RS Tuning is not only one who can program ECUs (and tune cars)....
Personally I think 48DegC in 4th gear at maximum revs on 12DegC day is BAD tuning in my book and does not belong on a Porsche

Last edited by TB993tt; 09-04-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by TB993tt
Jussi
With one hand gripping the steering wheel and the Bosch Hammer, with it set at IAT and the other holding the wheel properly I gave it a blast down my private test road....
4th gear running from ~45mph going through peak torque with at least 1.1bar (I noticed the red light come on the boost gauge) and up to the rev limiter 7070rpm....
Ambient temp 18.5DegC running weight 1532kg
The maximum temperature on the Hammer at the limiter was 27DegC at 7070rpm in 4th.
I tried the same in 3rd and it reached 23DegC....

To truly assess the effectiveness of this Secan would need a back to back test on my engine with a stock I/C. It draws less than 1 bar most of the time and even with slightly higher than stock CR I think my engine is built for the long haul - It is actually difficult to get the IAT more than 3 DegC above ambient in normal driving conditions.....

Personally I think 48DegC in 4th gear at maximum revs on 12DegC day is BAD tuning in my book and does not belong on a Porsche
Thanks for test result!
I had to say that the Secan IC is very very good. Only bad point is its price.
I still wait if Vrus get that another good IC to tested..
But our temp tests are not fully comparable because my IC gets much more air from bigger turbos and boost pressures but still I have to admit that if I had money enough, I would buy that Secan immediately

My airport test time moves to next week again
btw. Did you know that Porsches are also made in Finland? They made those Boxsters and Caymans at the town near to my town and they drive to test those Porsches at that same airport !
So I hope that there are also some Caymans at same time to beaten

btw2. Could you check that do you have that central window frame connector holder in your Kevlar door. About at half way at bottom. Do you have any bolt there? Just for interest because Techart promised already that they send transport company to fetch my doors to fix them in Germany..

Quick Reply: My AX22 tests