Sponsored by:

Great American 993s for Sale + Price Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 12:03 AM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
997pilot, thanks for the kind words, absolutely appreciate it, could you kindly please delete the link to my 993 on pelican, i am not a board sponsor here and don't want any problems, Thanks, and again i appreciate the post..and sorry but the 964 i'm keeping for a while so.. "no 964 for you" in the soup **** voice
NP, done.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:35 AM
fsa
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 94 Posts

to- 911F1 and others
The white '96 C4S currently listed above for sale in WA is deja vue..
I purchased my C4S 4 1/2 years ago from a respected Porsche guy in Portland, a "car stereo buff". Car is/was terrific, as represented. He proudly showed the "$2,000+ monster stereo system" he installed, a mirror of what's in the white car. Kenwood dash unit, an led light show, and an intrusive large Extant amplifier permanently mounted to the back trunk wall. 10-large gauge wires going from that unit, cuts in the carpet. Octopus for sure. Good sound, though.
Several frustrating hours at Rothsport to get it all out. I repaired the carpet. Market value of the Extant- maybe $50- donated. Similar for the dated Kenwood..
Fister III's are the current sound system; and a correct dash unit purchased from Ilko looks good- rarely used.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:46 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbos1
Agreed! That model looks like she belongs on a hood of a Ford Tempo
Now the model in your avatar may have helped the sale
Old 02-17-2018, 04:29 PM
johnnyC4S
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Setting a realistic price

I am going to put my 993 on the market. I have been researching the various sites PCA recommends. Seems the NADA guide is well established.
Last thing I want to do is post with an unrealistic price... Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:49 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyC4S
I am going to put my 993 on the market. I have been researching the various sites PCA recommends. Seems the NADA guide is well established.
Last thing I want to do is post with an unrealistic price... Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
I'd be interested in your ad. Please let me know when it's listed somewhere.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:32 PM
johnnyC4S
Instructor

Originally Posted by SToronto
I'd be interested in your ad. Please let me know when it's listed somewhere.
Happy to once I land on a fair market price. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2018, 11:36 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 643 Likes on 398 Posts

Give us some more information and perhaps we can help you. Need year, mileage, options, condition and maintenance history, ownership history, etc. Ideally post photo of options sticker, too.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:12 PM
johnnyC4S
Instructor

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Give us some more information and perhaps we can help you. Need year, mileage, options, condition and maintenance history, ownership history, etc. Ideally post photo of options sticker, too.
Thanks for being willing to help. Much appreciated.

I was able to get the option detail from the VIN on https://www.stuttcars.com/porsche/19208/
You can see a couple of photos here as well. I have since removed the Valentine radar detector and the GPS.

You can also see from my posts here some of the things I have done:
Bilstein PPS10's
Fister stage 2 mufflers
Dallas steering wheel
Audio upgrade - I have photos. Very clean install not a mess of wires.
Car has been well maintained. - Initially by Bob Grigsby, RMG in Sunnyvale, then San Carlos German Motor Works.
Replaced the front seats as they were wearing... Got some beauties from Einmalig.
Replaced the dash with a leather dash from a Turbo. Also from Einmalig.
I am the second owner, purchased from Carlson Porsche in Palo Alto. 1998
Old 02-18-2018, 08:22 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 643 Likes on 398 Posts

Does it really have ~151k miles? Wow, looks like you enjoyed it. Bravo! Used as intended.

As for value, in my experience, you have an outlier. On the one hand, looks like a great car with great options and mods (though I am hardly qualified to comment on mods); on other hand...it's got over 150k miles. Many would say it's just getting started. Others would say there are better values (i.e. bang for buck) elsewhere.

Although probably not too helpful, I would peg value in the range of $40k-$60k, depending upon finding just the right buyer. Even the low end of that range implies you scored big on cost per mile.

Thoughts J or J?
Old 02-18-2018, 08:36 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts

I was able to get the option detail from the VIN on https://www.stuttcars.com/porsche/19208/
You can see a couple of photos here as well. I have since removed the Valentine radar detector and the GPS.

Bilstein PPS10's
Fister stage 2 mufflers
Dallas steering wheel
Car has been well maintained. - Initially by Bob Grigsby, RMG in Sunnyvale, then San Carlos German Motor Works.
Replaced the front seats as they were wearing... Got some beauties from Einmalig.
It says repaired on the accident history line item. Is that accurate? Nice car from photos. Keep up us posted when you arrive at a price. GLWS.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:17 PM
Tlaloc75
Three Wheelin'

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Does it really have ~151k miles? Wow, looks like you enjoyed it. Bravo! Used as intended.

As for value, in my experience, you have an outlier. On the one hand, looks like a great car with great options and mods (though I am hardly qualified to comment on mods); on other hand...it's got over 150k miles. Many would say it's just getting started. Others would say there are better values (i.e. bang for buck) elsewhere.

Although probably not too helpful, I would peg value in the range of $40k-$60k, depending upon finding just the right buyer. Even the low end of that range implies you scored big on cost per mile.

Thoughts J or J?
I think if it’s in good repair with nothing major needed, it could go for around 60k. A C2 with 150k in great shape would probably go for 40-50k. That’s also assuming no accident history, an accident can easily take 10-15k off, depending on what happened.

I love the color and the options, looks like a great car.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:23 PM
DoninDen
Three Wheelin'

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Bilstein PPS10's
Fister stage 2 mufflers
Dallas steering wheel
Beautiful 993! There are 300,000 mile 993s out there that are still running strong.

Last edited by DoninDen; 02-19-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:26 PM
Jay777
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay777

Don't know if you saw this chart posted earlier. Unfortunately, highest data point is 105K miles. I'm fairly certain the curve flattens out at the high end but until I get some sales up there, it's a just a guess. I'd say you're looking at 50ish. When it sells, be sure to let us know.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:54 PM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Received 770 Likes on 540 Posts

Bilstein PPS10's
Fister stage 2 mufflers
Dallas steering wheel
List it at $50K for a quick sale. I can't see it going for much over that. With that being said if I was you I would list it on BAT.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:32 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbos1
List it at $50K for a quick sale. I can't see it going for much over that. With that being said if I was you I would list it on BAT.
a 2 owner C4S for $50k? Am I missing something? Didn’t see the mileage but these things have been going in the $90s for higher mileage examples.

edit....150k mi. Now I get it.

Quick Reply: Great American 993s for Sale + Price Discussion Thread