Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your 993 today

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2020 | 02:25 AM
aircooledpurist
Pro

Originally Posted by SF944
Today I installed my new Prototipo wheel and leather center insert, cleaned the contacts on my side mirror switch so it started working again, and gave the car a claybar, wash, and wax. I'm very happy how it turned out

That Prototipo looks FANTASTIC! I have one on order with a March delivery.... Can't wait.
Old 12-28-2020 | 04:57 PM
aircooledpurist
Pro

Default Decisions Decisions

I started it and backed it out of the garage to let it warm up and move the tires a bit. Trying to decide between three black Coco mat samples.

coco
wool
nylon

The coco is hard.
The wool feels the best but may not wear well.
The nylon looks good but it is nylon....

Coco on top, nylon lower left, wool lower right

Last edited by aircooledpurist; 12-28-2020 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-28-2020 | 05:19 PM
2RedPorsche
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aircooledpurist
I started it and backed it out of the garage to let it warm up and move the tires a bit. Trying to decide between three black Coco mat samples.

coco
wool
nylon

The coco is hard.
The wool feels the best but may not wear well.
The nylon looks good but it is nylon....
Since you asked I'd say coco first, then nylon and lastly wool based on the colour and weave pattern of your samples. The wool looks worn out already and it's just a sample. I prefer the darkness of the coco best.
My .02 worth!
The following 2 users liked this post by 2RedPorsche:
bham (12-28-2020), Blue911Heaven (12-28-2020)
Old 12-28-2020 | 10:59 PM
aircooledpurist
Pro

Originally Posted by 2RedPorsche
Since you asked I'd say coco first, then nylon and lastly wool based on the colour and weave pattern of your samples. The wool looks worn out already and it's just a sample. I prefer the darkness of the coco best.
My .02 worth!
I’m leaning towards the Coco too. The wool is out and the nylon is too small. The texture of the Coco is what makes them what they are. I like the mono color as well.
The following users liked this post:
2RedPorsche (12-29-2020)
Old 12-29-2020 | 08:36 AM
boxcarracer
Rennlist Member

Finished my small interior winter projects, now just hoping my new seats are coming along nicely so I can install them by spring.

m32 (12-29-2020)
Old 12-29-2020 | 08:48 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Originally Posted by boxcarracer
Finished my small interior winter projects, now just hoping my new seats are coming along nicely so I can install them by spring.
What sort of new seats? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 12-29-2020 | 09:26 AM
boxcarracer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tstafford
What sort of new seats? Inquiring minds want to know.
Some period Koenig/Ruf seats; lighter than stock since fully manual but still comfortable.
Had buckets in before and loved them but my gf didn't enjoy them so much.
Old 12-29-2020 | 10:40 AM
aircooledpurist
Pro

Originally Posted by boxcarracer
Some period Koenig/Ruf seats; lighter than stock since fully manual but still comfortable.
Had buckets in before and loved them but my gf didn't enjoy them so much.
The seats that are in your car in the photo appear to be in great shape.. Gauges and steering wheel look great.
boxcarracer (12-29-2020)
Old 12-29-2020 | 02:33 PM
Raleigh993
Instructor

Did the year end registration inspection dance. 97 NB in NC doesn't need a smog or emissions test. I have used this local Jiffy Lube forever because it is usually quick and convenient. I first explained the Drive Block alarm so they could at least get her into the inspection bay. This apparently went over their heads because they called me out to tell me my car wouldn't start. This was a sign. None the less, I ignored it and sat down.

Next, they called me out to explain the ultra low mileage as compared to last year, in the digital trip meter. I explained it was an old timey odometer just to the right. Problem solved. Next thing I knew, they were repeatedly opening and closing the frunk looking for something (hint: the engine). The finally called me out again to help them open the engine lid to prove, there was, in fact an engine.

Passed with flying colors and payed the exorbitant property tax (more than last year).

Last edited by Raleigh993; 12-29-2020 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-29-2020 | 07:29 PM
1997hmc993
Instructor

Default 1st Ice and Snow Drive

I had my 97 993 Tip since March 2020, it finally iced and snowed this morning. So I had to find out how it handles the ice and snow. While back ( decades ago) I was in a 924T and it did not do too well. I was impressed how 993 handled. The rear engine really helps. The ABS worked and very minimal sliding around when I pushed. I was driving my 993 carefully but not any more carefully than my Honda CRV AWD.
Ice and Snow Certified!
I washed my car afterwards....

Last edited by 1997hmc993; 12-29-2020 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-30-2020 | 01:34 AM
aircooledpurist
Pro

Originally Posted by Raleigh993
Did the year end registration inspection dance. 97 NB in NC doesn't need a smog or emissions test. I have used this local Jiffy Lube forever because it is usually quick and convenient. I first explained the Drive Block alarm so they could at least get her into the inspection bay. This apparently went over their heads because they called me out to tell me my car wouldn't start. This was a sign. None the less, I ignored it and sat down.

Next, they called me out to explain the ultra low mileage as compared to last year, in the digital trip meter. I explained it was an old timey odometer just to the right. Problem solved. Next thing I knew, they were repeatedly opening and closing the frunk looking for something (hint: the engine). The finally called me out again to help them open the engine lid to prove, there was, in fact an engine.

Passed with flying colors and payed the exorbitant property tax (more than last year).
I can't imagine letting a Jiffy Lube get within 50 feet of my car, lol. The property tax on my 1995 993 in Fairfield, CT was EXACTLY $17.
2RedPorsche (01-01-2021)
Old 12-30-2020 | 09:25 AM
gavonder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aircooledpurist
.........The property tax on my 1995 993 in Fairfield, CT was EXACTLY $17.
But, that's because you have it registered as a classic, right? In Bethel, before I got the classic plate, it was over $600.
Old 12-30-2020 | 11:30 AM
aircooledpurist
Pro

Originally Posted by gavonder
But, that's because you have it registered as a classic, right? In Bethel, before I got the classic plate, it was over $600.
Yes. Its a 95 making it qualify as a classic.
Old 01-01-2021 | 11:14 AM
2RedPorsche
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Raleigh993

i

I can't imagine having the confidence in a Jiffy Lube given the three dunce moves you've mentioned! If they can't find or believe that the engine is where it is how on earth will they ever find or believe that it has two oil filters and the quantity of oil it's going to require? I'm not one to believe that you need a Porsche certified tech named Heinz for everything you do on these cars but I think you need a little better than these guys!
Old 01-01-2021 | 11:20 AM
synth19
Racer

Originally Posted by 2RedPorsche
i

I can't imagine having the confidence in a Jiffy Lube given the three dunce moves you've mentioned! If they can't find or believe that the engine is where it is how on earth will they ever find or believe that it has two oil filters and the quantity of oil it's going to require? I'm not one to believe that you need a Porsche certified tech named Heinz for everything you do on these cars but I think you need a little better than these guys!
Yikes! If you can’t do the oil change yourself, get a competent shop to change the oil. It’s 100% worth the $$$$ This isn’t a Honda oil change that can be done in 15 minutes. Multiple steps involved and not worth the risk of a high school kid forgetting to tighten a coupler or something.
The following 2 users liked this post by synth19:
2RedPorsche (01-01-2021), Porsche Dave (01-01-2021)

Quick Reply: What did you do with your 993 today