100% plug'n'play aftermarket ECU for our cars for under $1000

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 05:42 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MarinS4
I assume MSQ3 is Megasquirt 3?

If so that is fantastic news! I run Megasquirt on my 300whp Miata track car and have a MS3 unit waiting to be installed. I have seen tuner studio for that and it's a very easy to use interface.

My new MS3 ECU is from a guy in Greece that custom builds them from scratch. His company is MS Labs and his name is Dimitris (aka Reverant).

If this is a MS3 unit you are selling does it support other inputs? I would like to have switchable MAPS and a Flex Fuel sensor for E85. These are standard on the MS Labs MS3.

Count me in as VERY interested. I would like to know a bit more before pulling the trigger. I assume these are available now for purchase?
Yes, Megasquirt 3. He uses only the processor from MSQ. All other design is his and he uses only high quality automotive spec components. (not cheap standard electronic components like the MSQ kits)

You can have as many maps as you like. You only need to plug in the laptop to change between different maps.
With regards to the inputs, there are countless possibilities.

Originally Posted by 1stgear
So can this ECU eliminate the dreaded immobilizer?
Yes, because you are running a completely different ECU which has no immobilizer.
You do need to make a very minor modification to the drive block box next to the ECU, because the standard ECU grounds the relay that controls the ignition. Very easy to do and takes all of 5mins for anyone that can solder.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,105 Likes on 414 Posts

Juha,

Do you know what kind of power gains can be had for a basic/mild street setup: aftermarket exhaust, bigger intake, etc? The majority of us that are not hardcore track guys would probably be interested to know what could be gained for owners that mostly drive on the street with an occasional DE (driver education) day. I suspect there would be a lot of interest if you can find significant gains by having an optimized map oriented towards performance with this aftermarket ECU compared to stock.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:05 AM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

MAP and tuning... I'm in
Old 02-23-2014, 10:54 AM
C4S993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there are MAP setting for less sensitive SAI CEL faults (for sole purpose of passing yearly State Inspections) ?
Old 02-23-2014, 01:55 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

"Is there are MAP setting for less sensitive SAI CEL faults (for sole purpose of passing yearly State Inspections) ?"

The described ECM in this thread doesn't incorporate the OBDII monitor functions required
for USA '96 and later vehicles.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lorenfb
"Is there are MAP setting for less sensitive SAI CEL faults (for sole purpose of passing yearly State Inspections) ?"

The described ECM in this thread doesn't incorporate the OBDII monitor functions required
for USA '96 and later vehicles.
Loren is correct (as usual). But with this ECU, you can swap back the stock ECU in the time it takes to remove the drivers seat (varies depending of seat of course).
Old 04-15-2014, 10:15 PM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

My 88pin Juuso Special is en route over the Atlantic... got the Supercharger on and some Injector Dynamics 725's on the way, along with 2 widebands.

This has got to be the ideal/most cost efficient way to properly tune without hacking the stock harness using piggyback control units or bothering with additional injectors... or going with full custom ECU/Harness systems that I KNOW can get upwards of over $6000... (I priced out Motec stuff and Life Racing ECU's with a http://www.dieboldautosport.com/ Harness... LOL).

Excited to get mine! I'm literally avoiding driving my car until I can get this ECU to tune it all (considering routing the supercharger bypass valve to permanently recirculate any boost just to drive it to Hershey this weekend, LOL). I dont want to cut/splice an install of the Unichip piggyback stuff at the DME, only to have to rewire all the DME harness and just plug it back into this new custom one. That's half the benefit to this ECU... no cutting/splicing, plug it in, do an immobilizer mod and BOOM... plug-n-play tuneability with no OBD faults/CEL lights to think about, no heartbreak from chopping up stock wiring, no walletbreak... it's nice to see someone doing these things for FUN
Old 04-16-2014, 01:02 PM
Jay J
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can this also work on the dreaded 96 ECU?
Old 04-16-2014, 03:07 PM
mgianzero
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay J
Can this also work on the dreaded 96 ECU?
My understanding is that this will work for ALL 993's as it is a true replacement for the ECU (or DME) for our cars. So, yes, it will work for 1996OBDII style cars.

However, this unit does NOT talk to the OBD system of our cars. So this arrangement is really designed for cars not needing smog certification. I am sure other experts will chime in on this.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:10 PM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

You nailed it. It's for all 88pin DME's. 96/97/98's.

He had a 55pin DME for the 95's avail as well.

It's a replacement for the stock ECU so it has no OBD functions at all, i.e., if you need to go through smog/emissions testing, this will render your car non-testable. On the other hand, you can swap your stock ECU back in, in the time it takes to R&R the seat it's under. I'm not sure of how the stock ECU will work with larger injectors or wideband lambda's but it will have the OBD communication back.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:32 AM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Mine just showed up... will give feedback as soon as we get it in and begin to dial it in. Psyched!

Old 04-24-2014, 01:03 AM
phoneyman
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The fit and finish on that enclosure looks real nice. Im excited to see how it works for you with the SC.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:16 AM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Juha G
Re: Drive Block - You do need to make a very minor modification to the drive block box next to the ECU, because the standard ECU grounds the relay that controls the ignition. Very easy to do and takes all of 5mins for anyone that can solder.
Juha G, Can you elaborate on this now? I'm about to swap ECU's tomorrow and dyno tune. Thanks@
Old 09-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RichPugh
Juha G, Can you elaborate on this now? I'm about to swap ECU's tomorrow and dyno tune. Thanks@
I actually think this is not necessary anymore as Juuso has the relay control in his ECU.
You do need to do this with Motec and most of the other ECUs.

I sent you the instructions over PM just in case.

TK,

Juha
Old 09-13-2014, 11:32 AM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Thanks Sir!

Quick Reply: 100% plug'n'play aftermarket ECU for our cars for under $1000