Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

100% plug'n'play aftermarket ECU for our cars for under $1000

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 01:48 AM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

FWIW, the factory immobilizer functions just as it did with the factory Motronic DME but the indicator lamp for the immobilizer stays flashing. I've used it for a couple weeks now and just resorted to pulling the immobilizer bulb out of the clock. It still functions as it did stock. We're going back on the dyno for some more tuning next week. Car runs and drives great for the most part under 4500 rpm but my tuner has a few things to adjust to work out some kinks. will finally be able to get some WHP dyno numbers soon.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:00 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RichPugh
FWIW, the factory immobilizer functions just as it did with the factory Motronic DME but the indicator lamp for the immobilizer stays flashing. I've used it for a couple weeks now and just resorted to pulling the immobilizer bulb out of the clock. It still functions as it did stock.
Juuso will be working on a 993 turbo soon so he can take a look at the immobilizer issue too.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:22 AM
MarinS4
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

This is such a AWESOME solution for the 993 I can't believe it's not getting more attention. The current Megasquirt 3 PCB is VERY refined and feature rich. Most Porsche guys know of Motec. Megasquirt is one of the stand alone companies that in my opinion has surpassed Motec. I say this because the user interface Tuner Studio is so friendly and the broad based support you will find for it all over the internet forums. Motec lacks that type of peer support because it's very expensive and not very user friendly.

These are the things I know MS3 will support because I run them in my race car. I can't say if the above mentioned 993 version does all of these or not. If not they should be relatively simple to add since the PCB and software supports them.

Dual switchable MAPs
Hi/low boost
Boost by gear
Sequential injection
Sequential ignition
Dual knock sensor input
Flex fuel sensor input for mapping E85 (allows MAP to vary based on alcohol content)
Ethernet output (can add WIFI access point for WIFI tuning on the fly)
SD Card data logging

I got my hands full with my race car and the race season. I plan to reach out to Juno and buy his MS3 for my 993. I hope to aid in the future development and bring to light what a huge advantage this will be for the 993. Especially mine since it's a turbo charged VRAM motor.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:11 PM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

@MarinS4... It really is. Some tuners turn their noses up at the MSQ stuff but MSQ3 is really really great. TunerStudio, even from my tuners mouth (who is used to tuning up to 700+ HP engines on Motec and Hondata using his Dynapack chassis dyno) is super user friendly and really versatile. He was impressed. I think the 1st and 2nd versions must have left a lot to be desired and were more geared to the DIY'er who hacked together a Radio Shack ECU with it... the MSQ3 Juuso is using seems more than capable of tuning with all kinds of options. Every option MSQ3 has, Juuso's ECU has.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 53 Posts

it seems i am late to the party but i am interested in this.. i have a 96' varioram, so really no ecu options for me and i would love some extra power.
would the MSQ3 ecu be worth it with a stock 3.6L with the exception of cat bypass, fd stage iii's and motorsound airbox?

ive heard of MSQ but never really thought of it as a solution for tuning my car, would like to learn more..

if this is as easy as it sounds im surprised this hasnt really taken off around here...
Old 09-30-2014, 11:24 PM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

@405, This isnt a performance chip or ECU improvement. This is a customizable, tunable, stand alone device that would allow for the custom tuning of your cars engine to optimize for the mods, that just so happens to be designed to work with the factory engine wiring harness and plugs right in like a direct ECU swap (plus connecting a MAP sensor to a harness adapter and a single vacuum line to that MAP sensor... otherwise, Juuso's ECU all fits in and works like the 96+ 88pin Motronic DME unit. He also does 55pin pre-96 OBD1 ECU's too I believe as well as some BMW).

It could or it couldn't make any more power. It's not an option for a 96 ECU upgrade or "chip" (comparative to any other available ECU upgrade or chip). It's an option for the entire computer than controls your engines vitals and makes it run alltogether.

So... as long as you have someone to tune it and a dyno at your/their disposal, you can do some baseline testing on the stock ECU with your mods and then swap out for Juuso's ECU (along with converting to MAP over MAF and using the dyno's wideband lambda sensor for tuning) and spend hours on a dyno reading, noting, testing, tuning and you MIGHT make a few extra HP and possibly improve throttle response and even fuel efficiency.

With that being said, I wouldnt consider this ECU option unless I was building a completely new n/a engine (like going 3.8L with TBI) or using a custom forced induction system (because kits like the TPC supercharger kit already come with the necessary electronic equipment and hardware to adequately run the system without people like me complicating things and changing injectors and converting stuff and making things more difficult than they need to be), it's probably not terribly beneficial or worth the time or money.

BUT... if you want to go with a custom single or twin turbo system with larger injectors and custom everything and the stock ECU and fuel/ignition/lambda equipment simply isnt adequate, then either consider Motec, LifeRacing or this ECU from Juuso.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:18 AM
jskylarwilson
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

I'd be in, after testing shows no problems.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 53 Posts

@405, This isnt a performance chip or ECU improvement. This is a customizable, tunable, stand alone device that would allow for the custom tuning of your cars engine to optimize for the mods, that just so happens to be designed to work with the factory engine wiring harness and plugs right in like a direct ECU swap (plus connecting a MAP sensor to a harness adapter and a single vacuum line to that MAP sensor... otherwise, Juuso's ECU all fits in and works like the 96+ 88pin Motronic DME unit. He also does 55pin pre-96 OBD1 ECU's too I believe as well as some BMW).

It could or it couldn't make any more power. It's not an option for a 96 ECU upgrade or "chip" (comparative to any other available ECU upgrade or chip). It's an option for the entire computer than controls your engines vitals and makes it run alltogether.

So... as long as you have someone to tune it and a dyno at your/their disposal, you can do some baseline testing on the stock ECU with your mods and then swap out for Juuso's ECU (along with converting to MAP over MAF and using the dyno's wideband lambda sensor for tuning) and spend hours on a dyno reading, noting, testing, tuning and you MIGHT make a few extra HP and possibly improve throttle response and even fuel efficiency.

With that being said, I wouldnt consider this ECU option unless I was building a completely new n/a engine (like going 3.8L with TBI) or using a custom forced induction system (because kits like the TPC supercharger kit already come with the necessary electronic equipment and hardware to adequately run the system without people like me complicating things and changing injectors and converting stuff and making things more difficult than they need to be), it's probably not terribly beneficial or worth the time or money.

BUT... if you want to go with a custom single or twin turbo system with larger injectors and custom everything and the stock ECU and fuel/ignition/lambda equipment simply isnt adequate, then either consider Motec, LifeRacing or this ECU from Juuso.
Rich,

Thanks for the reply and explanation.
for now it looks like i will pass since i am close to stock and now that i understand this, not sure if its worth it for me at the moment.
it's nice to know that something like this exists for the future though..
Old 10-01-2014, 03:25 PM
MarinS4
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by 405
it seems i am late to the party but i am interested in this.. i have a 96' varioram, so really no ecu options for me and i would love some extra power.
would the MSQ3 ecu be worth it with a stock 3.6L with the exception of cat bypass, fd stage iii's and motorsound airbox?

ive heard of MSQ but never really thought of it as a solution for tuning my car, would like to learn more..

if this is as easy as it sounds im surprised this hasnt really taken off around here...
I see this ECU as the which comes first the "chicken or the egg" syndrome.

The current hardware upgrades are limited due to lack of ECU tuning. ECU tuning will do little with stock hardware. Now if you bump compression, add aggressive cams with lots of overlap you would need to delete the MAF and custom tune it all. Is it worth the trouble? Heck yeah! Cams and ECU alone would make for a lively combo.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Bernie930
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who do you contact to buy this ECU? Doing a twin turbo conversion on a 96, seems better than going the stand alone way! Very interested.
Thanks
Bernie
Old 12-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Jay J
Racer

What Bernie said.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Bernie930
Who do you contact to buy this ECU? Doing a twin turbo conversion on a 96, seems better than going the stand alone way! Very interested.
Thanks
Bernie
Hi Bernie,

I got your pm but forgot to reply. I've been travelling for the past couple of days.
Please contact Juuso directly at: juuso.kelkka@gmail.com
Old 12-10-2014, 01:52 PM
aclark133
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Juha G
Hi Bernie, I got your pm but forgot to reply. I've been travelling for the past couple of days. Please contact Juuso directly at: juuso.kelkka@gmail.com
Looks like he'll be getting an email from me too
Old 01-10-2015, 07:02 PM
P906
Intermediate

Hello to all,

i have this ECU from Juuso (55 pin, year 1994) and use it with the standard o2 sensor. I like to install a wideband sensor for better calibrating the ECU.

Does anybody know which wideband sensor (Bosch?) would fit ? Partnumber...?

Chris
ROW 993/year1994
Old 01-10-2015, 08:17 PM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

FWIW, the factory immobilizer functions just as it did with the factory Motronic DME but the indicator lamp for the immobilizer stays flashing. I've used it for a couple weeks now and just resorted to pulling the immobilizer bulb out of the clock. It still functions as it did stock. We're going back on the dyno for some more tuning next week. Car runs and drives great for the most part under 4500 rpm but my tuner has a few things to adjust to work out some kinks. will finally be able to get some WHP dyno numbers soon.

Rich,

The blinking indicator light, located in the clock, indicates that the immobilizer is looking for the ECU immobilizer which does not exist. To correct this, you simply have to install a jumper across the slot for the starter relay. You can use the search function to find it. The jumper is a $35 part.

Quick Reply: 100% plug'n'play aftermarket ECU for our cars for under $1000