Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Big Day for JoAnne (RJT) - Mother Superior

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 01:15 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice to hear of your progress JoAnne, you sound feisty which is a great sign! VERY interesting to hear about and understand the modern techniques for rebuilding that are available today. I have a friend in San Diego that went through this in the 60's and it was not good back then..., she had to wait 30 years to have it all redone.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:29 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
JoAnne..... so cool that you have such a positive attitude. That, plus the fact you can find humor in it, has to be a factor in you rapid improvement. I have no doubt you will be helping others that are facing the same ordeal you are going through now. Keep getting better and keep us posted. Say "hey" to Robert. He is a trooper too.
Trooper? I thought you were LAPD? <wink>

JP ~
It is amazing at what they can do now days and you know the technique is only going to improve with time. Even the little magnet that the surgeon used yesterday to 'find' the one way valves in my expanders amazed me. It was like a mini water stick. When he got to the valve, it pointed down, he marked the spot and that is where he stuck that monster syringe.......
Glad your friend was able to get reconstructed, even if it did take 30 years. It's good to wake up in the morning and look down at your chest and see something there. It helps. I mean, I had Ia couple of banana's there since I was 12. You get sort of used to those things, ya know?
Old 12-22-2011, 08:31 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad to hear you are recovering well
Bananas ... I expected another type of fruit?
Old 12-22-2011, 09:47 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Joanne,
I'm so glad that you're on the mend and getting great advice and support from those around you.

I must also say that even though we've never met I do feel privileged to know you and be a small part in helping you through your experiences. Hence in the near future, please don't be alarmed should a complete stranger walk up and gives you a great big hug without warning - there will be more than enough time to do the pleasantries afterwards.

Have a great Christmas and never forget to enjoy every moment.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Joanne,

I love your attitude - they say 80% of healing and recovering is attitude - and you have it in spades. And I agree 100%, this virtual community we have here is amazing and so supportive. Just following the conversations has been enlightening and a learning experience! Thanks!

I think its good to highlight that that women get checked regularly, but the guys need to as well! I always wondered why people would fuss for hours about which oil to put into their cars, and then skip examinations and eat stuff that really was crap for them while driving for miles to find that Chevron station so their car gets exactly the right fuel!

Enjoy your Christmas, every little detail, and I am sure we will all be more reflective next year - the outlook for next year looks great, and pretty soon there will be a "perkier" you!!

Cheers,

Mike
Old 12-23-2011, 12:26 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Seriously, you guys are the best!

I just got back from my first breakfast out of the house. IHOP pancakes never tasted so good.

I tried to sleep on my side again last night and ALMOST made it. I think in a few days my sleep position will be back to normal and my lower back pain will go away. My poor back is tired of my sleeping flat on my back.

Last night I sort of poked myself (on purpose) in the one sore spot I have on my chest and I felt this crinkling feeling. I did it again and I realized it was the plastic (or whatever it is) of the expander that isn't filled or something. In doing the poking I moved it and now I no longer have the pain. It must have been sticking into my bone or something. It's a very strange feeling to have something akin to a baggie in your chest...... I just touched it again. It's just bizzare.

Colin ~ I will happily accept ALL hugs from my Rennlist buddies. Heck, I'll even pass out cheek kisses. You guys have no idea how much you have lifted my spirits. When I first decided to tell you l about my new little adventure in life, I did it because I wanted you to know that this could happen to anyone. I have no family history of breast cancer, yet it happened to me. I wanted you to tell all your female family members and friends to get checked YEARLY. I wanted you guys to make sure YOU got your PSA checked YEARLY (Mike J, you are RIGHT!!!). Then it became more just telling you to get others to be checked. It became an outlet for me to get to 'speak' to someone other than Robert about what I was feeling. I really do care for you guys a lot and you guys showed me you really did care about me. In my heart you became my extended family. You made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I love you guys for that.

This forum is extra special to me. You are my internet family and I will forever be indebted to you for all the kindness you have showered up on me. I've said it a thousand times before, but you are the best. THANK YOU.

Oh and Colin..... Tell Mark hi from me. We had dinner with him in Monterey
Old 12-23-2011, 01:10 PM
993Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

So glad to hear that all is going well, significant ongoing aches and pains notwithstanding. Best wishes and prayers for a continued quick and successful recovery!
Old 12-23-2011, 01:54 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Hm ... can't access the last page of this thread for some reason .... I'm stuck on page 8 ground hog day ...
Old 12-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

Great news JoAnne!
Old 12-24-2011, 12:29 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This made my day. Sorry I'm behind. Stay positive. Some of the best medicine. Think about you a lot. I hope you as comfortable as possible.

chuck
Old 12-24-2011, 06:06 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
Oh and Colin..... Tell Mark hi from me. We had dinner with him in Monterey

Will do! Myself & Sarah will be seeing Marc & Hayley in an hour or so to take his lads & our girls for the annual Christmas Eve Skiing trip to Chillfactor, our local indoor ski run. There's nothing like a couple of hours on the piste to set you up for Christmas!
Old 12-24-2011, 09:56 AM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
I must also say that even though we've never met...
Colin- all you need to do is announce your stateside itinerary for a Rennsport Reunion or Monterey Historics and you will be mobbed by Joanne and all of your other RL groupies wherever you go!
Old 12-24-2011, 11:40 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Colin ~ Listen to Chuck, he speaks the Truth! Whenever there is a chance that we RListers can get together, we do.

Jon Paul ~ Huh? Can you see me now?
Attached Images  
Old 12-24-2011, 12:38 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

.... if ... I ... could just ... get passed ...... page ...... 8!
Old 12-24-2011, 12:46 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad to see you back here so quickly JoAnne. I always look forward to reading your posts!

Quick Reply: Big Day for JoAnne (RJT) - Mother Superior