Mark
Old 01-21-2012, 12:38 AM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
Haaaa..... Sick minds think alike.

So glad you are hanging in there.
Too funny, thought exactly the same thing. Glad to hear things are coming along!
Old 01-21-2012, 12:47 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 348 Likes on 154 Posts

Thank you guys. Things are certainly looking UP.

I should be having my augmentation/reconstruction surgery in 9 weeks. After that it will be a month or two to heal and then the tattooing will commence. I have no idea how it feels to be tattooed. I always wanted one, and now I'll have two. <wink>

It is AMAZING what they can do now days.

Hugs to you all......... although if I hug you now, you'd think that they have embedded two unripe cantaloupes in my chest instead of plastic bags and water. It would probably hurt both of us. YOWZA!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 01:02 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

JoAnne, you are such a trooper! Looking forward to seeing you at the next Rennsport!
Old 01-21-2012, 01:14 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
Thank you guys. Things are certainly looking UP.

...It is AMAZING what they can do now days.

...Hugs to you all......... although if I hug you now, you'd think that they have embedded two unripe cantaloupes in my chest instead of plastic bags and water. It would probably hurt both of us. YOWZA!!!
All well and good ... BUT .. can you hang your overcoat on them? That used to be the ultimate test back in the 60's ..

Ok, JUST KIDDING! ... really good to see how well you're doing Jo, looking forward to seeing you and Robert again soon :-)
Old 01-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Thanks for the update, JoAnne! Kudos to you and your spirit! Glad you're healing well.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:35 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JPP
All well and good ... BUT .. can you hang your overcoat on them? That used to be the ultimate test back in the 60's ..

Ok, JUST KIDDING! ... really good to see how well you're doing Jo, looking forward to seeing you and Robert again soon :-)
I just tried (really). With these dumb compression/jog bras that I've been having to wear 23/7 since the surgery I wasn't sure I could and I got to say it sort of slipped off. However, I could tell that if I were allowed to set the visiting gal pals free, I'd be able to at least hang a sweatshirt on them.

Speaking of my visiting gal pals..... here's a little side story:
Last night Robert was helping me free the gals out of their compression prison. This is something that he has to help me with every time I need to change, shower etc. since the bras have to be so tight I can't get them over my head by myself. He had this sad look on his face and told me wishes I could get out of these dumb bras for at least one night. Ah shucks, he's so sweet and I wish I can too, but i'm afraid too even try. Last time I did that for just one night, I got stuck with more needles as if for punishment. Nope. I can wait.... till next Wednesday and then see what the good Doc says. If he says okay...... WHOA!!! I'll be one happy chica!

PS: THANKS GUYS!!

Darin ~ Why wait till the next reunion? We might be out west sooner than that. If you got any leads on nice 993's. Let me know. We are almost ready. We were ready a few days ago and the deal was supposed to happen this weekend, and then the deal fell apart. Things happen for a reason, although this reason boggled my mind......
Old 01-22-2012, 11:02 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

REALLY OT, I know but, dang..... I love it, and it hurts to laugh, but darn!!!!! Sooooo cute and funny. Just what I needed this morning. I had a rough night. Some nights are just like that. It WILL get better. It just takes time.

I suppose I'll have to go for a RIDE in my GTI today. RIDE because I still can't drive.....

Working on something now and MAYBE in a few weeks there will be a 993 in the garage...... shhhhhhh.... don't tell anyone yet. lol
Old 01-22-2012, 11:06 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RJT
REALLY OT, I know but, dang..... I love it, and it hurts to laugh, but darn!!!!! Sooooo cute and funny. Just what I needed this morning.

Working on something and MAYBE in a few weeks there will be a 993 in the garage...... shhhhhhh.... don't tell anyone yet. lol
Ha. Scared the cats :-) Ooooo. Secrets. I LOVE Secrets ...
Old 01-22-2012, 11:07 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JPP
Ha. Scared the cats :-) Ooooo. Secrets. I LOVE Secrets ...
<WINK> Me too!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:30 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

HI ALL ~

I had my follow-up surgery yesterday..... My new best friends have been "installed". My visiting gal pals did a great job stretching me and my new friends fit just fine. THey are not huge like the expanders were (THANK YOU!!!!!) they are more like I was, and that is all I wanted. The surgery went really well. The surgeon thought I was going to need drains again since I had a fluid retention problem after the mastectomy in December, but I was healed up so nice I didn't need them. That is going to make my healing so much easier and MAYBE I can take a shower now before JUNE! I haven't really see me yet, since I have some gauze stuck in there and I am sure the stitches aren't pretty, but what I can see of the shape I really like. I AM HAPPY!!!!!!!

If this doesn't make sense, I'm sorry. I am still so groggy, and I can't believe I'm sitting her typing at all.
You guys must be REALLY special to me.
I'm going back to my recliner now and catch another 40 winks. That should be easy to do since I am practically asleep now.

Hugs to you all....
Old 03-28-2012, 11:59 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RJT
HI ALL ~

I had my follow-up surgery yesterday.....

Hugs to you all....
Morning Jo! Yes, I thought about you all day yesterday .. and really happy to hear all went according to best plans .. we can chat as soon as you feel like it, just email or pm 'ping' me...
Old 03-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Joanne,
As a silent observer of your courageous journey, I have admired both your strength and candid nature of chronicling the steps to arrive as a winner .... as you now are.
As our interests and abilities differ, we are not cross posting buddies - but a strength of this forum is the opportunity to share the experiences of others: it is a privilege to share your experiences and success.

Garth
PS: sent on a cyber hug
Old 03-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
HI ALL ~
I AM HAPPY!!!!!!!
isn't that all that really matters?

glad to hear it. Joanne, you are a well respected, and hugely admired member of this community. wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:10 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Garth S
Joanne,
As a silent observer of your courageous journey, I have admired both your strength and candid nature of chronicling the steps to arrive as a winner .... as you now are.
As our interests and abilities differ, we are not cross posting buddies - but a strength of this forum is the opportunity to share the experiences of others: it is a privilege to share your experiences and success.

Garth
PS: sent on a cyber hug
Well said. Same sentiments here, all the best RJ.

Quick Reply: Big Day for JoAnne (RJT) - Mother Superior