Porsche (PCA) Palooza..... Pictures?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 12:23 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT

Jager pulled a fast one! I still can not fathom how he did that without my noticing at all......
You really should keep an eye on that guy
Originally Posted by JPP

Congrats Speedy
Speedy says danke.
Originally Posted by JPP

update on Chuck?
Chuck's a tough & determined dude. He'll kick this, & that's no small feat, even for someone who's already done well against liver cancer.
As many may be aware: chemotherapy's arguably as challenging as cancer itself -- not for wusses!

Friday, he was eventually released back to his home, after a CT scan & tests revealed no further complications like stroke, hemorrhage, etc.
Back at doctor Saturday; MRI today. Understandably, he's not fond of those loud machines that you're literally crammed inside of for hours.

The MRI will reveal a 'report card' / milestone of how well treatment's worked. Talking to him tonight, Chuck sounded as clear & focused as I've ever heard him. From that, I'm betting the MRI results will show progress.

Likewise: appetite's growing, nausea's diminishing, & he's resting up pretty well. His family's spirits are lifting a bit, & his kids are rebounding well while spending time with dad.

Next chemo round starts ~Thanksgiving. Hope doctor allows their travel plans.
I know his family appreciates the concern & support of RLers like you, NC TrackRat (PM back at ya), 3Healey, & many others.

From 993BillW's "One of our RL 993 brethren is ill" thread:
Originally Posted by RJT

Chuck has been a fighter for a long time now and I know he will continue the fight. That Croatian in him makes him stubborn and I know he's gonna give it all he's got.

Our hugs and prayers go out to him and Katie and his entire family.

Here's a picture of Me and Chuck at the Porsche Palooza last November. He's a real classy gentleman. There aren't many out there like him.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:47 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 140 Posts

Pulling for you Chuck!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:21 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Friday

Chuck's duck:

Chuck's chick:

Chipper, cheery Chuck

Old 11-15-2011, 11:36 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 339 Likes on 151 Posts

Thank you Jager. Chuck looked so happy to be going to PP.....
Old 11-16-2011, 11:11 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RJT

Thank you Jager. Chuck looked so happy to be going to PP.....
Jo-- Y'know, I should be thanking you for much!
I was very happy to find those shots of a cheerful Chuck; our ride diverted to the E.R. way too soon afterward, & his big Palooza weekend was over

Another super-important photo: in honor of those who have served...
Taken in Atkins, AR on Fri, Nov 11: Veteran's Day:

Last edited by curve lover; 10-27-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: fix ded pic lnk
Old 11-17-2011, 11:42 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 181 Posts

It was great seeing all the familiar faces and just as great putting faces with names and their spectacular cars - Jager, Mike.

I got a message from Chuck that the seizure took quite a lot out of him and the docs aren't sure what brought it on.

Now, back to the original subject of this thread, here's the only picture I took the whole weekend. Certainly a worthy subject.
Attached Images  
Old 11-17-2011, 11:55 AM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

It looks like a good time!
Jäger, thanks for looking after our friend Chuck. Sorry he couldn't make it to all of the fun but hopefully all will be well with him and his family.
Chuck, the duck looks fantastic!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:03 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
... here's the only picture I took the whole weekend. Certainly a worthy subject.
Wow .. that's the second Turquoise Blau Turbo S seen here in a month! As a sidenote here .. I've noticed that big wheels REALLY help the Panamera's rear end. There were several in Monterey with 20" wheels including an Amethyst Metallic 2012 with blacked out side trim that really looked "Russian Mafia' cool

Originally Posted by FisterD
It looks like a good time!
Jäger, thanks for looking after our friend Chuck. Sorry he couldn't make it to all of the fun but hopefully all will be well with him and his family.
Chuck, the duck looks fantastic!
+993! Man, there's a lot of Porsche's at Chuck's house
Old 11-17-2011, 08:22 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

It was great seeing all the familiar faces and just as great putting faces with names and their spectacular cars - Jager, Mike.

I got a message from Chuck that the seizure took quite a lot out of him and the docs aren't sure what brought it on.

Now, back to the original subject of this thread, here's the only picture I took the whole weekend. Certainly a worthy subject.
TURQUOISE BLAU S aka to us southern 'mericans.... TURQUOISE BLUE S!!! LOVED IT! I wish I had my camera ready when we were all in the parking lot down on the lower level by the convention center Friday night. He came out of the mixer to get something out of the car and propped his beer bottle smack on the top of the car . The Concours person in me took over and I stood there with my mouth agape! I'd never do that, then I started to laugh! It was too funny. It would have been a GREAT picture!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:34 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

It was great putting faces with names and their spectacular cars - Jager, Mike.
Brian-- Great meeting the icons of Palooza: you, your CGT, & 993 TT!

I got a message from Chuck that the docs aren't sure what brought it on.
Hmmm. What's Latin for "993 Speedster overload"?

Jäger, thanks for looking after our friend Chuck.
Darin-- I appreciate it. However, any RLer would have done at least that. I'm glad it worked out so well, all things considered.
For example, Chuck's wife guessed that had the seizure happened in lil' ol' Eureka Springs, he would have had a life-flight or similar to a bigger city's hospital.

Chuck-- Remember when we pulled into the Emergency Room drop-off?
I think they expected me to ask them to valet park the 993, not jump out yelling for medical attention!
Gyeesh, imagine if we had been in a duck-tailed delight like yours or Darin's -- as the techs outside the E.R. rubber-necked in admiration, we'd still be trying to get you admitted to the E.R.!

Sorry he couldn't make it to all of the fun but hopefully all will be well with him and his family.
+993 ^^
Originally Posted by JPP

Wow .. that's the second Turquoise Blau Turbo S seen here in a month!
First thing I heard at Palooza was that this was one of only two Blue Turquoise Turbo S' in existence, & that the other is Seinfeld's. I mentioned the other now belongs to a friend who's a RLer
...& thought to myself how lucky I was to have seen both rarities in person within a month!
Originally Posted by RJT

I wish I had my camera ready when he propped his beer bottle smack on the top of the car. It would have been a GREAT picture!
Here's why I said the same thing Fri as we watched him -- I snagged a similar shot in CA...
From the "Monterey '09 photo thread:"
Originally Posted by curve lover

Maritime Blue (I'm told this is the only MBlue 964 RS America),
Blue Turquoise, &
Red wine!

Originally Posted by curve lover
Old 11-17-2011, 10:36 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

That's a little classier than a wet bottle of beer even though it appears to be a cheap plastic glass. lol

Jag ~ Did you get any pictures at PP? I couldn't download my stupid card into my Mac (Sony and Mac no likey each other) so I had to go to Walmart to get a disc made. I'll download them tomorrow after Robert picks them up for me.

Who took that picture of me and you? I need a copy so I can pumpkinize you and post it....
Old 11-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 140 Posts

So how is Chuck?
Old 11-18-2011, 12:13 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
TURQUOISE BLAU S aka to us southern 'mericans.... TURQUOISE BLUE S!!! LOVED IT!
Ruh, Roh ... I guess I Blau it!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Re: The TB Turbo S

He is the original owner of that car. IIRC a former race car driver (sorry, don't remember what series). Has a couple of other P cars too.

IIRC apx 15k mi. on the car, as I said, original owner.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:27 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Who does this belong to?
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Porsche (PCA) Palooza..... Pictures?