993 Forum 1995-1998

Porsche (PCA) Palooza..... Pictures?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 06:02 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts
Default Porsche (PCA) Palooza..... Pictures?

Are we the first ones to get home already? We left about 11:00 after the autoX finished up. We stopped on the way home to look at a doxie puppy for Speedster, but HE growled at her (and only 4 months old). She just gave him this look, like: 'you idiot, you just blew it', and we didn't take him home. He did blow it. He would have lived like a prince with is old lady Queen.

Any pictures yet?

It was GREAT seeing you all. I wish I'd been in a better mood, but next year..... WATCH OUT!!!

I wonder if Jager is still wearing the badge with my name on it and getting called JoAnne? ;p
Old 11-13-2011, 07:07 PM
statonb
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are a couple.
Attached Images   
Old 11-13-2011, 07:23 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Rapid Robert's..... and Robert wasn't there.

I think we got the car sold......

Thanks Staton. I got my camera out for the show and took a few shots. I'll post them up later on tonight to tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Just got home 1136 miles on the Rivi Blue Cab this weekend. Great group of people and some great cars. The roads were just as spectacular.

Mike
Old 11-13-2011, 09:46 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Arena993
Just got home 1136 miles on the Rivi Blue Cab this weekend. Great group of people and some great cars. The roads were just as spectacular.

Mike
Great meeting you Mike and Mr. Smurf too. SO happy you took home a TROPHY after all the work you did you our cab. It really did show.

I only wish we could have gotten a picture of all the Rennlisters together. We tried after the dinner, but everyone scattered so fast it was impossible. I guess I wasn't the only one that was beat.

The Wind was just tooooooooooooooooo much!
Old 11-13-2011, 10:19 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I didn't make it up, it was great meeting up with the gang from Tennessee for lunch on Friday. I say it every year, but I will be back in the Porsche fold when the time and the car are right.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:23 PM
statonb
Intermediate

Default More Palooza pics

More from Saturday and drive up Friday.
Attached Images      
Old 11-13-2011, 11:27 PM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard that curvelover and arena993 both won awards. Way to go.

Emerald
Old 11-13-2011, 11:36 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by e3photo
I heard that curvelover and arena993 both won awards. Way to go.

Emerald

EVERY Speedster there won an award. It was the year of the Speedster. Jager suprised everyone when he showed up. AS ususal his car was surrounded. I was so glad to see Mike get an award too. He got the Sponsors award and those are super special. They don't go to just any car. His cab is beautiful.

Jager was given a special "SPIRIT" Award that isn't given out that often. I'll let him tell you why he got it, but he certainly deserved it and I was proud to be the first to stand up for the standing ovation that the room gave him. That man is special in more ways than one.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:50 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

JoAnne-- The real story behind the award's more like a RL team effort, including special efforts you made all the way to MagDaddy mailing his cool nametags
Really appreciate your nice words about the big surprise of the "Spirit of Palooza" award. IMO, RLer Csertich deserved that & the standing ovation, not me. All I did was get him a "rain check" when his doctor disapproved Chuck getting a Speedy parade lap at Rennsport Reunion. Since he's not allowed to drive yet, a chauffer to Palooza just made sense.
When he drives himself next year, I hope he gets applause & recognition for an astounding recovery.

I just got off the phone with his wife: Chuck enjoyed post-Palooza folks stopping by today. He has a challenging day tomorrow, & their visit helped raise his spirits.
Originally Posted by RJT

I'll let him tell you why he got it
Shortest version: poor Chuck had a seizure in my car, on the way to PCA-Palooza.
I diverted to the emergency room, where many other friends, family, & experts were the heroes.
Originally Posted by RJT

I wish I'd been in a better mood.
Honestly, I was in a bit of a funk the whole time, maybe like others who were bummed for Chuck's sake that he couldn't be there.
I seriously considered staying with Chuck or turning back home, but if you know anything about Croatians they can be pretty persuasive.

On the up-side: Getting to spend so much time with you & Robert so soon after last week's sobering news is already a treasured memory!

Great group of people and cars. The roads were just as spectacular.
+1!^^
My first Palooza, but -- like RJT -- I lived in AR years ago & drove with the Porsche Club; it was a blast being back.

Lots of standout moments & people, like meeting Mike & his legendary Rivi Blue cab.
Originally Posted by RJT

SO happy you took home a TROPHY after all the work you did you our cab.
Even better: Mike was also awarded a $200 voucher from the Porsche dealer! Hmmm, how to help him spend it?
Originally Posted by RJT

Any pictures yet?
My photos may not compare to Staton's, but I should start downloading action shots within a few days of BillW, Arena993, & Grant's 993s on the road, collecting leaves ... perfect fall drive!
Originally Posted by RJT

I wonder if Jager is still wearing the badge with my name on it and getting called JoAnne?
How DID that happen?
Old 11-14-2011, 01:28 AM
rjr0928
Instructor

Old 11-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Originally Posted by murfysflaw
While I didn't make it up, it was great meeting up with the gang from Tennessee for lunch on Friday. I say it every year, but I will be back in the Porsche fold when the time and the car are right.
Patrick,

Great to meet you and thank you for the great selection of barley based beverages. I enjoyed them watching a little footbal during a break on Saturday. You must attend it is a very cool event.

Originally Posted by RJT
EVERY Speedster there won an award. It was the year of the Speedster. Jager suprised everyone when he showed up. AS ususal his car was surrounded. I was so glad to see Mike get an award too. He got the Sponsors award and those are super special. They don't go to just any car. His cab is beautiful.
Joanne,

I told my wife how cool Speedster is and how she had her own name tag. That dog wants for nothing. Good luck on your car.

Mike
Old 11-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Originally Posted by curve lover
My photos may not compare to Staton's, but I should start downloading action shots within a few days of BillW, Arena993, & Grant's 993s on the road, collecting leaves ... perfect fall drive!
I think we all had a bag full of leaves in our front grills. Those roads were a blast and the contingent running down I-40 was pretty cool. Your car is very impressive to say the least and the Spirit award was well deserved. Now download the road shots.

Mike
Old 11-14-2011, 09:19 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Joanne,

I told my wife how cool Speedster is and how she had her own name tag. That dog wants for nothing. Good luck on your car.

Mike

Our dog has more stuff than the queen of England....

They make her a name badge every year. I think she'd probably notice it if Leonard forgot to give her one. Speedster has more region name badges that I do. Everyone wants to lay claim to her except Jager, he just pulled a fast one and took MINE! I still can not fathom how he did that without my noticing at all......

Great meeting you. Maybe next year your wife can come down too and we can all hang out together
Old 11-14-2011, 09:27 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Wow, well it sounds like quite a weekend for many reasons. Congrats Speedy and Smurf :-) Any update on Chuck?

Quick Reply: Porsche (PCA) Palooza..... Pictures?