Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 993 Rennlisters from Hong Kong?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Ahq51e
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any 993 Rennlisters from Hong Kong?

Hi there,

Having recently joined 993-dom I would really love to meet and seek the company/advise of some HK local owners/aficionados. I live and work in HK now and have recently purchased a Yellow 95 C2 and am loving it!

Paul
Old 06-21-2011, 11:01 PM
haygeebaby
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Hi Paul
Congrats on the yellow c2 - I wonder if that use to be Brian's car.
Anyway - I lived and worked in HK for about a decade but moved back to Aus a few years ago. I still get back to HK at least once a year.

There are a few HK listers here. There is also a regional rennlisters thread at the bottom of the thread list.

Send us some pics of your car mate. The gang here love pics otherwise they post the "this thread is useless without pictures" image.

Regards
Ken
Old 06-21-2011, 11:13 PM
bugs
Advanced

Welcome Sir,

I am a newbie (considered the lack of post and knowledge) and one of the biggest lurker around.

Nice color. Eye popping color plus 993 is the way to go : )

+1 more pics, please.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:43 PM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

HK rennlister present and have sent PM to you.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:37 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Paul-- Happy for you & your '95 C2
Originally Posted by bugs

Eye popping color.
Another HK RLer with a pupil-popping power is TargaTango (Chris).

However, the beast is on the bidding block: "Sadly Project Orange for Sale - Hong Kong Right-Hand Drive"

Originally Posted by TargaTango

I am finally a proud father after 13 months. I love the color (Blood Orange) and my first impressions are excellent.

I took my baby for a spin early this morning (for those Hong Kongers I was driving towards Sai Kung from the Sai Kung Country Park)

Old 06-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Ahq51e
AutoX

Hi Ken. Thanks. Not really sure if the previous owner was Brian, but I know he was Singaporean and owned her since 2005. Religiously serviced her at Gemballa every year.
Which bit of Perth do you live in now? I'm from Sydney, but my girlfriend (Tanya) is from Perth.

Stanley, thanks for the compliments. My friends refer my car as Paul's Mango, in fact so does my girl friend! My original intention was to get a beautiful Targa like yours but surging prices just means I will need to wait. Congrats on your Targa; that's a really nice car especially with the stock targa wheels. There's a manual Silver Targa for sale at a dealer in Tin Hau (I think Vin's Motors) asking for >$500k - way too much for me!

Jeff - thanks again for th PM. Hope to meet you in person soon.

Jäger - thanks. Agree that Blood Orange co our does catches the eye. Beautiful car!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:38 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Paul - Ping me or send me an email. I'm currently living on southside.

David
Old 06-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Deriffic
Advanced

Hi Paul, I am in the mid Kowloon area and drive a 97 C2 in arean red. Regards, Derek
Old 06-23-2011, 12:55 AM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

wow, another HK rennlister with a 993. We should get together!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Halcyon
Racer

I recently bought a 993 in US . I used to live in hk and I'm in hk right now for vacation. It is interesting how I notice so many more 993 around hk when I own one myself. I recently saw a black cab, amaranth purple cab , and a aventurine green cab , and a few other coupes.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:18 PM
bugs
Advanced

Jager, thank you for the updated info on Chris's Blood Orange Porsche. Just read through the detailed mods list, that's one heck of a 993. Someone in HK will be very lucky. GLWTS to Chris.

Jeff, funny thing is, I was looking for a 964 coupe however with little avail and ended up with a 993 targa. I'm not complaining. Especially, a tip is a good compliment to my driving ability, I mean lack of
; )

Halcyon, totally agree with your thought. I guess it must be perception, I didn't realise there are so many (relatively speaking) air cooled porsche in HK, too. I saw two 964 RS clone at IFC parking lot just last weekend.

Now, Paul where're the pics?

P.S. Pls pardon my grammar guys, english is not my mother tongue, I hope I can get away with it because I love air cooled porsche.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:47 PM
haygeebaby
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm north of the river mate. When you are over - buzz me and lets go for a spin.
Who's servicing your car in HK Paul?
Have you found all the good roads yet in HK?
I miss driving in HK - I use to park at the Galleria carpark on the Peak. It was a blast driving up and down the Peak.
Are you planning any modifications to you car? I would recomened the first thing you do is go down to Wan Chai and get yourself a HID kit and get rid of those poor stock units. Driving in HK in the dark is much better with brighter head lights. Then get a Wong chip for your car to make it a little more lively - it also gives you better mileage. And I remember the petrol prices in HK where high. I use to get about 400km's out of a full tank - with the chip I get about 460km's - chip pays for itself if you think about it.
Regards
Ken
Old 06-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Terence_lai
Instructor

Wow....so many RLner in HK. I have a 95 993 cab in green. Recently sitting in the garage for some works including Fabspeed exhaust upgrade. We should get together for a Sunday morning drive.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:22 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahq51e

Jäger - thanks. Agree that Blood Orange co our does catches the eye. Beautiful car!

Jager, thank you for the updated info on Chris's Blood Orange Porsche. Just read through the detailed mods list, that's one heck of a 993. Someone in HK will be very lucky. GLWTS to Chris.
My pleasure -- glad you like!

Pls pardon my grammar guys, english is not my mother tongue.
Stanley-- All good ...Porsche passion spoken here.

Luv your Zenith Blue awesomeness!

Here's mine.

PICTURES.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:32 AM
Ahq51e
AutoX

Wow, that's a really nice lookin Zenith Blue Targa! Congrats....

Jager, thanks for putting those up on this thread.

David, will PM you.

Derek, Lets all of us get together soon so we can recognise some friendly faces on the road. I will look out for an Arean Red 97!

Terence - awesome idea. Let's do it!!!!!!! Can't wait.
Also would love to hear the Fabspeed exhaust on the car. I've been looking around the internet and seems ppl will either do the Fabspeed or FisterDs (at least in the US anyway). What are the preference in HK?

Ken - for my yearly service, I will continue with Gembella, but not sure the other minor fixes/changes. Any recommendations?

Getting some HID's on the car is one of my top priorities. Any particular brand or shop I can head to get this done? Anyone have experience or have researched HIDs?

Other priorities are getting coloured wheel centre covers and an exhaust system - any recomendations?

Paul

Last edited by Ahq51e; 06-24-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Any 993 Rennlisters from Hong Kong?