Quintuplet arrives home ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 06:58 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Raptor
The car is great, but he impulse buy was as great. Nice move. Right up there with https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-nj-ct-pa.html. Top 10 for sure!
Sid-- True, two epic RL quick buys. Yet, Jon Paul strikes me as supremely thorough & often knowing exactly what he wants. I suspect his heart &/or subconscious 'partially purchased' this or one of its quintuplet siblings a while back?

Jon Paul-- Hmmm. Now I know why the seller didn't answer when I sent them a message, pursuing "for sale" details recently. (True story.)
Well done on your part; reminds more of how quickly I moved to purchase Speedy, when I first learned of her availability.

ECSTATIC for you!!! IMHO, Arena Red Metallic can showcase WB 993 curves better than any other color, & a non-black interior's the most logical for an open-air car. I once had a WB A.R. 993 with a similar interior, & felt lucky to have stumbled upon what I've since considered my favorite color combination.

I'm not exaggerating at all to say the exact car newly in your garage has been my desire for a long time. I seem to have been #2 in line, for about the last three sales now. If it pays you any compliments to know of my efforts: A friend with a dealer's license inquired on my behalf to Reno's Sierra Classics, who advertised her for sale in '08, but they already had a serious buyer. Before it even went on the market back then, I had some leads on how to contact its previous owner, & was actively pursuing contact with that owner ... but obviously failed.

She first came to my attention on the website of a previous Reno, NV, dealer ~'03. I remember seeing her online & drooling, but not knowing if she was from the factory, or merely an inspired conversion. Neither I nor the dealer knew the significance of her past at the time. This was before the legitimacy of the BH conversions was public here on RL. The seller further confused issues by incorrectly listing her as "AWD," & I passed.

When I did learn on RL of the rarity of these five BH specialty releases, my intent became to acquire her as a Speedster conversion. For consistency's sake, I planned to take her back to the same shop Beverly Hills used for her bodywork in '98. (Forgive me for what may be sacrilegious to some, but most of you grasp my Speedster sickness by now )

Fortunately, I soon discovered the sale of my 993, wasted no time in her acquisition, & have been very happy since ... as you now are! I'm thrilled to see such a rare exotic in the safe-keeping of a true Porsche-o-phile & 993 enthusiast. She is lucky to have you as her keeper.

I have related links & files I've maintained on her for years. For time's sake (yep, I'm procrastinating on other homework, as you know), below are related quotes from the "993 C2S Cab" thread by Clubrcr (Jim), who you reference above as previous owner of the white BH WB cab. Thanks to you for already being so open about your purchase price here on this thread, following mentions of values are in-line with that spirit.

Last edited by curve lover; 10-09-2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: 'proscrinating' ---> "procrastinating"
Old 07-04-2010, 06:59 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

(^^ See my previous post.)
2009 discussion from the "993 C2S Cab" thread by Clubrcr (Jim):
Originally Posted by Chuck W.
Some how I missed this when it was posted two and a half years ago. What a beauty. WOW.
Originally Posted by JPP
Ditto. Want. Need. Speedster conversion??
Originally Posted by curve lover
This 2007 thread revival may be influenced by this morning's post on the "Anyone looking for a split grill deck lid" thread:
Graham-- Jim owned the only topless widebody 993 on RL, straight from the dealer as a WB. I could be wrong, but that seems something that might generally interest you, given your project.
His white split-grill tail FS is likely straight off that very rare 993
Key word: "owned." ClubRcr advertised this big-booty beauty for sale, also in '07.

Jim-- Luv for you or Steve (CA993Twin) to reply with photos of her before her curvy tail cosmetic surgery.

Last edited by curve lover; 07-04-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:00 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

(^^ See closing of my first post.)
Originally Posted by JPP

Speedster conversion??

Jon Paul-- from your similar Speedster-related posts elsewhere:
IMHO, consistently amazed by your insight, &/or how similar our thought processes are (sorry to insult ya )

...it was that very Speedster concept that originally got me in touch with ClubRcr years ago. I was already pursuing the related BH WB Arena Red C2S cab for a conversion before Jim's purchase, & was hungry for helpful information.

From 2006's "Cabriolet in wide body?" thread:
Originally Posted by fluid15
I downloaded these pics a few years ago, it's one of the BH cars.
Fluid- it was for sale at Sport Haus, Reno, NV. I remember seeing it online & drooling. Its Sport Haus stock was #1267C.

If anyone can offer follow-up on its selling price, current home, pedigree / VIN, please do.

Last edited by curve lover; 07-04-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:00 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

(^^ See closing of my first post.)
Originally Posted by JPP

Wow, how much did this STUNNING Arena WB Cab (BH Porsche, 1 of 5) sell for ... Anyone here buy it?
JP-- According to the Jäger Files , FWIW:

- When Sport Haus (Reno, NV) advertised it for sale in 2003 with 14k miles, they asked $59,950 USD (VIN WP0CA2991WS340830). <--- You can see they listed is as AWD
It's my impression it sold between $45-55k, & that they knew it was non-standard, but not Porsche-dealer produced.

- When Reno's Sierra Classics & Imports advertised it for sale in 2008 with 25,500 miles, they first asked $48k USD. A friend later contacted them, & it's my impression they had since learned what they had, which may have increased sale above asking price. I don't think it went to a RLer, but IIRC, RLer lthatch (Leonard) pursued it.

- For reference re: ClubRcr's asking price in 2007 with 13k miles, see his "Anyone know this car?" thread.

Above photo's from 2003. Following's 2008. I have up to 38 more photos I could share if interested. However, I don't want to hijack Jim's thread.

Last edited by curve lover; 07-04-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:01 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by FisterD
Wow JP, an excellent find! I can't wait to see it in person.
+1!

JPP-- Jeff (Allill) & I tried to synch up @ last year's Monterey car week. I'm not positive he still has his blue WB cab, but please let me know if you're interested in meeting next month.

Also: Now have >50 photos to share if interested, but don't want to further hijack your thread.

You probably already have these recent Seattle shots. If not, more for your collection, & BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your curvaceous new 993!

Last edited by curve lover; 07-04-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:43 PM
fredcalero
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice (and rare)
Old 07-04-2010, 08:45 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, awesome! Congrats on your find!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:18 PM
DesertBighorn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, congrats! Missed that one right under my nose! Where was it advertised?

-Doug
Old 07-04-2010, 09:49 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the fat *** + basket handle.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:41 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
Well, lucky and broke, but happy and that's what counts, right? There's a Rennlister here that converted a Midnight blue car somewhere in San Francisco I think. From the looks of it, a very nice job as well. I think if it's done right, your value will be there ....
Jeff. Where'd he go? And the conversion was verrrrrrrrrrrry finicky in the rear quarter panel installation. Which is probably what scared me off of just attempting one when I had more motivation (and spare cash) a couple of years ago. My metalworking skills stop pretty much at removing quarters, or butt welding flares to make a widebody out of a torsion bar car. Any of the fiddling, etc. like he described to me to make the coupe quarters fit and contour correctly are definitely out of my league. And since I hate bodywork plus am loathe to pay anyone to do pretty much anything on a car..............well, it's fallen on my list of things to do. But you sure enjoy your prize!
Old 07-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Renaud Bizet
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Jon !!!

Truly one of a kind and I am glad it went to somebody who will be able to appreciate it fully.
Please let me know in advance when you plan your lighting upgrade I still need to do it on mine and would love to learn from you and see your car at the same time.

Enjoy !!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 11:56 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul902
JP, thanks for the little history lesson. A new factoid for me. Great looking car. Good on you for following your heart! Enjoy it!
Thanks! Yes, my heart gets me in trouble alot ...

Originally Posted by FisterD
Wow JP, an excellent find! I can't wait to see it in person.
And you will, young man, probably sooner than you think .....

Originally Posted by losdeanos
Very Cool, great looking car.
Thanks you.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:17 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

....Yet, Jon Paul strikes me as supremely thorough & often knowing exactly what he wants.

Jon Paul-- Hmmm. Now I know why the seller didn't answer when I sent them a message, pursuing "for sale" details recently. (True story.)

She is lucky to have you as her keeper.

I have related links & files I've maintained on her for years.
Hi Jäger, good to hear from you. Yes, I knew I wanted it the second I saw the picture and read the description and I knew after contacting the seller that I needed to act fast. If I could have ordered this car new in 1998, this would have been my top choice color combo for this body type, so I guess it was just meant to be. In 25 years, I'll be 81 and you'll be close to my current age so we'll do a deal then and I'll guarantee the car will be in as-new condition for you to enjoy and steward for the next 25 years

JPP-- Jeff (Allill) & I tried to synch up @ last year's Monterey car week. I'm not positive he still has his blue WB cab, but please let me know if you're interested in meeting next month.

Also: Now have >50 photos to share if interested, but don't want to further hijack your thread.

You probably already have these recent Seattle shots. If not, more for your collection, & BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your curvaceous new 993!
I am seriously considering attending. P.m. me with your plans and if I'm there, we should definitely get together and let the two kids meet ....

Originally Posted by fredcalero
very nice (and rare)
Thanks, glad you like it.

Originally Posted by _boman
Wow, awesome! Congrats on your find!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by DesertBighorn
Wow, congrats! Missed that one right under my nose! Where was it advertised?

-Doug
On the Porsche Club of America website classifieds.

Originally Posted by mongrelcat
I love the fat *** + basket handle.

Funny you should mention it, but it's one of my favorite parts of the cars "look".

Originally Posted by Renaud Bizet
Congrats Jon !!!

Truly one of a kind and I am glad it went to somebody who will be able to appreciate it fully.
Please let me know in advance when you plan your lighting upgrade I still need to do it on mine and would love to learn from you and see your car at the same time.

Enjoy !!!!
Renaud! Seriously, you haven't got your lights installed yet?? O.k. then, absolutely we will get together and have an HID installorama very soon. I'll p.m. you when I get my kit. Where are you located in the Bay Area?
Old 07-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
Thanks Chuck, not a Turbo, but ..... Hey guy, are you located close to Beverly Hills Porsche? I'd LOVE to have a set of BHP license plate rings ....
I can take care of that. It would be a nice touch.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:18 AM
daveHy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks fantastic to me, my NB cab cost me A$85k down here on the earths bottom....I'd happily pay $US40k for one of these, in fact I'll have 2. many congrats

Quick Reply: Quintuplet arrives home ...