Sponsored by:

Quintuplet arrives home ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 07:52 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
I can take care of that. It would be a nice touch.
OMG Chuck, that would be awesome! P.m. sent.

Originally Posted by daveHy
looks fantastic to me, my NB cab cost me A$85k down here on the earths bottom....I'd happily pay $US40k for one of these, in fact I'll have 2. many congrats
...and that would leave 3 ..
Old 07-05-2010, 08:18 AM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

Very nice-congrats.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:18 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

F*&K...
Old 07-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

Just noticed this thread after not being on Rennlist for a while. Awesome buy! Great price. Priceless rarity. Do you get a lot of looks and points and stares yet or are most people non-noticing it as it merely blends in with the bevy of other Porsches out there?

Is it mostly 993 Porsche-files like us that would even comprehend it's rareness or do other Porsche-heads (non 993 owning Porsche drivers) realize what it is too when they see it parked at a parking lot and they walk by you? Do they ask you about it?

Cool car.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:46 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Just noticed this thread after not being on Rennlist for a while. Awesome buy! Great price. Priceless rarity. Do you get a lot of looks and points and stares yet or are most people non-noticing it as it merely blends in with the bevy of other Porsches out there?

Is it mostly 993 Porsche-files like us that would even comprehend it's rareness or do other Porsche-heads (non 993 owning Porsche drivers) realize what it is too when they see it parked at a parking lot and they walk by you? Do they ask you about it?

Cool car.
Thanks Steve. I'd have to say, so far my experience has been that the car draws alot of attention from everybody. I think because of the Turbo body, it just looks 'special' and people recognize that but probably don't realize how rare that is for a 993 Cab...
Old 07-05-2010, 10:51 AM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations on the new addition, very cool.

You mentioned having the original window sticker, would you mind to share what the MSRP would have been on the base car? and do you know what they charged after conversion for them?

Great buy, enjoy it!
Old 07-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by rsr91128

You mentioned having the original window sticker, would you mind to share what the MSRP would have been on the base car? and do you know what they charged after conversion for them?

Great buy, enjoy it!
It's funny that many (most) of us, when it comes right down to it, always want to know how much someone paid for their car, how much a mod cost, how much a conversion cost, and what something's worth today. Whether it's outwardly expressed on a post, I think most of us are curious about this type of thing - cost, value and worth.

Maybe I'm just speaking for myself... but I'm fascinated by it - "how much?" .

Cheers,
Steve R
Old 07-05-2010, 01:15 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by rsr91128

Great buy, enjoy it!
The base model is shown at 73K, then they add for paint, radio, motor sound, sport seats w/Crest in head restraint, 18" Turbo Technology wheels and Hi-Fi sound to get to $79,597. Then there is a side bar with Exclusive Options of Black floor mats, Brake/Shifter in Black leather with Carbon/Aluminum, Aluminum/Chrome options X71 (S Aluminum Instruments), X70 (S Aluminum Sill plates) and X54 (Stainless Steel Exhaust pipes) and shows a total Exclusive charge of $3209 and destination charge of $765 for a pre-delivery grand total of $83,903. The previous owner was told by Beverly Hills Porsche that they then added approximately $5500 for Turbo bumpers, rockers and rear quarters and $30,000 for the actual conversion, so that brings us to about $119,403.00

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
It's funny that many (most) of us, when it comes right down to it, always want to know how much someone paid for their car, how much a mod cost, how much a conversion cost, and what something's worth today. Whether it's outwardly expressed on a post, I think most of us are curious about this type of thing - cost, value and worth.

Maybe I'm just speaking for myself... but I'm fascinated by it - "how much?" .

Cheers,
Steve R
The mark-up on these cars has always been tremendous. The sales commission alone on a standard coupe is over 10K! I always find it the most interesting to see how much they depreciate over time and when that free-fall stops and reverses itself, because ultimately they are all pretty rare considering the yearly production numbers ....
Old 07-05-2010, 01:25 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
The mark-up on these cars has always been tremendous. The sales commission alone on a standard coupe is over 10K!
Think I read a web-article about Porsche making $28,000 profit per unit in recent years past. This isn't the direct link to that, but it is a 2008 article entitled, "How did they do that? Porsche’s Profit Exceeds Revenue!!"
Originally Posted by JPP
Hi Jäger, good to hear from you. If I could have ordered this car new in 1998, this would have been my top choice color combo for this body type, so I guess it was just meant to be.

P.m. me with your plans and if I'm there, we should definitely get together and let the two kids meet ....
Jon Paul-- You have a detailed P.M. sent regarding next month's Monterey, CA dates/ plans + much more.

Did the seller mention why he would let go of a such a rarity?
Originally Posted by JPP
In 25 years, I'll be 81 and you'll be close to my current age so we'll do a deal then and I'll guarantee the car will be in as-new condition for you to enjoy and steward for the next 25 years
It's official! I have dibs!!!
~33 years total waiting for this wonder -- easily worth it, & it will only improve with age under JPP's care.
Originally Posted by DesertBighorn
Where was it advertised?
Originally Posted by JPP
On the Porsche Club of America website classifieds.
It was also briefly advertised on page four of the "Cabriolet in wide body?" thread. Seattle screen name "motoring" has since deleted their following post:
Originally Posted by motoring

I am the current owner of the Arena Red Cab pictured earlier in this thread... It is currently for sale..

Old 07-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,011 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Nice acquisition JP!!! I remember learning about this car when Jim was considering buying the white one. I love it when rare pieces like this fall in the right hands. Enjoy it in good health.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:46 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by curve lover
Did the seller mention why he would let go of a such a rarity?
After they bought this car and brought it home, the reality of living in a water-based ecosystem combined with a convertible plus the fact that both he and his wife got VERY into autocross racing and have invested heavily in several cars dedicated to just that plus a tractor/trailer to haul them around in, led them to want to liquidate.

Originally Posted by Avid Fan
Nice acquisition JP!!! I remember learning about this car when Jim was considering buying the white one. I love it when rare pieces like this fall in the right hands. Enjoy it in good health.
I promise, I will have and hold, love and cherish till cashflow problems (or old age) force us to part ...
Old 07-05-2010, 01:53 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Less than $46K?!?! Let me say it again... F@#K...
Old 07-05-2010, 02:49 PM
digger
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations that is one cool and very special 993, hope you enjoy to the max for many years to come - well done
Old 07-05-2010, 03:58 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
+1.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:10 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
I understand ....

Originally Posted by digger
Congratulations that is one cool and very special 993, hope you enjoy to the max for many years to come - well done
Thanks! It's the lowest mileage car I own now by 30K miles, so I hope to enjoy her for quite a while ....

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
+1.
I understand ....

Quick Reply: Quintuplet arrives home ...