Sponsored by:

Porsche Palooza in Eureka Springs, AR

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 12:07 PM
mcfeeley1071
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kshipp
Brian - thanks! I appreciate the comments. I'm in the process of choosing images to show at Palooza - always a tough decision. I still have books from last year though. I think we met, but it was briefly. Each year of Palooza, I meet about 50 more people, unfortunately, I'm not good at remembering names as I should be.

I noticed some of you were talking about the fun routes in Arkansas. Here's a cool video I shot this year. I mounted a Hero camera to the bottom of my rear bumper. I split the video into two segments. Please keep in-mind, the video doesn't really relay the actual speed as one would think. I hope you enjoy the videos -- http://www.ozarkpca.org/video_show.asp?show=20090530_part1

Please note: these were my first videos using the Hero camera, so they weren't planned very well. Next time, I'll have to rotate the following cars or something....
Nice, I can't believe I miss some of these drives. Looks like I will be missing this weekends fun run too. Dang Oktoberfest in Tulsa.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:03 AM
kshipp
Racer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mcfeeley1071
Nice, I can't believe I miss some of these drives. Looks like I will be missing this weekends fun run too. Dang Oktoberfest in Tulsa.
We'll be having a few more fun runs over the next month or so - keep a watch on our PCA club calendar, etc. I hope you're coming to Porsche Palooza. I'm working hard choosing a variety images to display at the event.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:07 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 350 Likes on 155 Posts

HI KELLY!!!

Wish we could make it. Maybe just MAYBE we'll be living nearby again next year and will be able to partake in the fun. It's hard to describe what the roads are like in Arkansas. You just have to drive them yourself to find out just how great they are. We miss them. A LOT.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:09 AM
kshipp
Racer

Thumbs up Roads

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Nice video Kelly. Makes me crazy thinking of the roads you guys have up there. I have to drive at least 200 miles to get to that kind of fun.
Hi Brian - thanks for the comments.
Yep, the run to Jasper is our most popular. In fact, we may run that in November, but not sure yet. We usually run that trip twice a year - late Spring and Fall. You would have a blast - it's a full-day event. That video doesn't even do 1/2 the justice those roads deserve. Truly amazing switchbacks and straight-aways. As soon as you're out of a curve, you're back in one again. This road is 10x more fun than the roads we take in the spirited drives at Palooza.

Let me know if you're interested and the next time we plan that trip, maybe you can plan a weekend in Arkansas and take on this fun run.

Curves. There is no substitute.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:17 AM
kshipp
Racer

Question

Originally Posted by RJT
HI KELLY!!!

Wish we could make it. Maybe just MAYBE we'll be living nearby again next year and will be able to partake in the fun. It's hard to describe what the roads are like in Arkansas. You just have to drive them yourself to find out just how great they are. We miss them. A LOT.
Hi JoAnne - nice to 'see' you on here! Hope you come back - at least for a visit. Our PCA club keeps growing - we're up to 200 members now.

Your name came-up the other day at a club event and we were wondering if you had bought another Porsche yet, but according to your list here, you don't currently have one. Wuts up with that?
Old 10-23-2009, 07:52 AM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey! That's my old car following you and barely visible in that video.

Brian - thanks! I appreciate the comments. I'm in the process of choosing images to show at Palooza - always a tough decision. I still have books from last year though. I think we met, but it was briefly. Each year of Palooza, I meet about 50 more people, unfortunately, I'm not good at remembering names as I should be.

I noticed some of you were talking about the fun routes in Arkansas. Here's a cool video I shot this year. I mounted a Hero camera to the bottom of my rear bumper. I split the video into two segments. Please keep in-mind, the video doesn't really relay the actual speed as one would think. I hope you enjoy the videos -- http://www.ozarkpca.org/video_show.asp?show=20090530_part1

Please note: these were my first videos using the Hero camera, so they weren't planned very well. Next time, I'll have to rotate the following cars or something....
Old 10-23-2009, 02:05 PM
SC2993
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts

Kelly,

Are the leaves at full peak color now or are you going to save them for the drive? Beautiful scenery and great roads up by Eureka Springs BTW.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:13 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hi JoAnne - nice to 'see' you on here! Hope you come back - at least for a visit. Our PCA club keeps growing - we're up to 200 members now.

Your name came-up the other day at a club event and we were wondering if you had bought another Porsche yet, but according to your list here, you don't currently have one. Wuts up with that?
Just got another one!! See the post here in the 993 forum "Back in the Porsche Saddle Again"
We tried the street rod thing. It's fun, but when you have Porsche in your Blood like we do, you just can't give it up. We managed 2.5 months without one. Can you Imagine that?? LOL

Have FUN at Palooza. I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures and PLEASE say hi to everyone for me. Not surprised the region keep growing. So many people are moving to Little Rock and Arkansas in general, so how can it not. Now if that only can get a dealership!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:04 PM
kshipp
Racer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by murfysflaw
Hey! That's my old car following you and barely visible in that video.
Good looking car!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:09 PM
kshipp
Racer

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by SC2993
Kelly,

Are the leaves at full peak color now or are you going to save them for the drive? Beautiful scenery and great roads up by Eureka Springs BTW.
The leaves are about as full peak as they'll probably get. The peak has usually passed by the time Porsche Palooza comes around. That happens for a reason - the room rates are much cheaper and available after the peak season.

Yes, the roads in central and north Arkansas are fantastic. This time of year is fantastic if you can avoid the rainy days.

By the way, our PCA club is having a fun run to the "Wings & Wheels" event at the airport in Pine Bluff this Saturday. If any of you Porsche owners or PCA members want to join in, please contact us for details. It's a blast!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:29 AM
kshipp
Racer

Originally Posted by RJT
Just got another one!! See the post here in the 993 forum "Back in the Porsche Saddle Again"
We tried the street rod thing. It's fun, but when you have Porsche in your Blood like we do, you just can't give it up. We managed 2.5 months without one. Can you Imagine that?? LOL

Have FUN at Palooza. I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures and PLEASE say hi to everyone for me. Not surprised the region keep growing. So many people are moving to Little Rock and Arkansas in general, so how can it not. Now if that only can get a dealership!
Awesome! I'll spread the word around the group that you're back in the saddle with a 993.

Palooza is always a blast - looking forward to it. I wish my father hadn't sold his 928 so he could drive also, but I'm still convincing him to go along with his Lexus.

Come visit the club when you can!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:34 AM
kshipp
Racer

I was looking through my 2005 Porsche Palooza images, and some my father took and found this one he took. He took this from his first digital camera as he was driving behind me in his 1986-1/2 928S. This was the first "spirited drive" fun run as we were just arriving at War Eagle Mill (2005). Enjoy...

Old 10-31-2009, 01:20 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Awesome! I'll spread the word around the group that you're back in the saddle with a 993.

Palooza is always a blast - looking forward to it. I wish my father hadn't sold his 928 so he could drive also, but I'm still convincing him to go along with his Lexus.

Come visit the club when you can!
Your Dad sold his P-car? I CAN'T believe it!
One of these days we'll be back, and I can hardly wait.

BTW: we didn't get a 993 this time. It's a '73 RS Tribute car ('87 911 starter)
Still looking for the 'right' 993 for me to have as a daily driver. The new car is going to be just a toy. Right now it is being worked on some more. Slippery Slope is getting slipperier by the minute!

To all of you who are going: HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:35 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate seeing this thread pop back up all the time. UGGH! I was considering coming up in the Lexus and at least meeting up with some folks, but due to a run in with a MONSTER pot hole, the car is up on jackstands at the moment getting all the wheels refinished and new shoes all the way around.

If I can talk the boss into it, perhaps we'll load the family up in the Subaru and make a trip up to do some "shopping" that Saturday. If I don't run into any of you, enjoy! Maybe I'll be back in the saddle again, as JoAnne is, by next year.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:51 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by murfysflaw
I hate seeing this thread pop back up all the time. UGGH! I was considering coming up in the Lexus and at least meeting up with some folks, but due to a run in with a MONSTER pot hole, the car is up on jackstands at the moment getting all the wheels refinished and new shoes all the way around.

If I can talk the boss into it, perhaps we'll load the family up in the Subaru and make a trip up to do some "shopping" that Saturday. If I don't run into any of you, enjoy! Maybe I'll be back in the saddle again, as JoAnne is, by next year.
Wow, sounds more like you hit a crater. Hope you can make it. I'm getting really excited. Dan, Jason and I were recruiting others at Cars & Coffee this morning.

Quick Reply: Porsche Palooza in Eureka Springs, AR