Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Palooza in Eureka Springs, AR

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 10:54 PM
R2R
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I wasn't tied up with work, and I'm so thankful to have it, I'd be there in a heart beat. I'm sure the weekend will be one to remember for a long time!
Old 11-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW

Mike, I'll bring along some wash supplies, maybe there'll be some Daisy Dukes that will volunteer to wash both of them for us.

I can dream.....

I like the way you dream Bill.

Mike
Old 11-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

If it was $20 per ride, Brian would be driving 24 hours straight! That car is like flies to honey. And while my dad spent some quality time riding in it last year - I have yet to ride in it. What gives Brian?

Y'all have a great time. I leave tomorrow for my pre-Palooza trip doing the same thing, only a weekend earlier due to family conflicts on the actual weekend.

I regret that I won't see Chuck, Leonard and many other friends. Mike, I am sorry that we won't be able to meet you. And I am fortunate to be able to see all of my Dallas friends on a regular basis - so I won't miss you all too much!

Oh, and a shout out to Travis for helping me with trailer logistics this weekend. Looking forward to lunch tomorrow Travis!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:49 AM
kshipp
Racer

Cool car wash

Hi all,

Tip: Don't spot detail your cars too much because the fun run (Spirited Drives) will get them road-dirty again. For those who haven't been to Palooza, the fun runs are Saturday morning and the car show is Saturday afternoon. Just keep this in-mind.

Yes, there are several car washes in Eureka. I've been going to the same one for years - it's only about 5 minutes from Palooza. It's a clean car wash with four bays and the vacuum machines. I always bring a few extra towels, windex, etc.

It's located behind a gas station, down a hill, so it's hard to see from the road. I don't recall the name of the gas station, but I've attached a satellite image and noted with a GREEN ARROW (near the center of the image) where the car wash is located.

If you can't find it, just follow me after the Spirited Drive - I'll be going there.
Attached Images  
Old 11-05-2009, 12:09 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 186 Posts

Thanks for that info Kelly. Just for further reference, Palooza HQ is just off the upper lefthand corner of Kelly's picture.......IIRC.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:38 PM
mcfeeley1071
Instructor

Quick question... Does anyone know if the first Spirited Drive on Saturday is going to involve stopping for some breakfast like last year?
Old 11-05-2009, 01:09 PM
NightFlyer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stuart and I missed out on the breakfast drive last year. We got lost on our drive but eventually made it back.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:51 PM
lthatch
Racer

Hi all. I will be coming on I40 from New Mexico (800 miles), leaving early Thursday morning, weather permitting. I guess I'll meet up with the group Friday, but I am open to suggestions otherwise.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:53 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lthatch
Hi all. I will be coming on I40 from New Mexico (800 miles), leaving early Thursday morning, weather permitting. I guess I'll meet up with the group Friday, but I am open to suggestions otherwise.
Sounds great. Can't wait to see Mexico Blue. Stay tuned as you get close on Friday to perhaps meet the group for lunch.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:01 PM
loxner

Originally Posted by BufordTJ
Brain, Dan, Jason, Stuart, Luke, Little Rock Guys and anyone else that wants to meet with me for lunch on that Friday,
We will meet at the Red Roster (right next to McDonalds) in Alma around 12:30. This will give us plenty of time to eat and make it to HWY 23 to meet up with others at 2:30.
Sounds great to me. See you then!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:27 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pig Trail (hwy23) Construction update!!!!!

Okay guys. I just made a trip up 23 to check out the construction. I marked the locations on my GPS so we won’t approach them too fast. There are two areas about 1/8 mile long of the north bound lane closed. They were relatively smooth and I think they'll be safe for our cars. Stopping will slow us down a bit and we won’t be able to run as HOT as we have in the past. Especially when Patrick's Dad is leading us!!
So I suggest we keep this plan.

Lunch in Alma at 12:30 then meet up with the others at 2:30 on 23 at the usual store. We'll make the usual stop at Turner Bend and then a break at Huntsville.

If you guys wouldn't mind, send me a PM if you’re attending lunch so I can set it up and also if you’re only planning to meet at hwy23. Also if anyone has passengers that are tired and want to get the Hotel fast, my wife will be driving her TL up the interstate and would carry anyone that needs a ride. She'll be at lunch so they could get with her then.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the scouting report, Travis. See you next week!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:39 AM
kshipp
Racer

Default breakfast

Originally Posted by mcfeeley1071
Quick question... Does anyone know if the first Spirited Drive on Saturday is going to involve stopping for some breakfast like last year?
The early (Spirited) drive has always included breakfast at War Eagle Mill as part of the run, which is why it's one of the longer runs. Although, last year my father & I ate breakfast at the hotel because the # of cars was so high that it was going to take longer to get breakfast. They only have so much room at War Eagle Mill, so as we add more drivers each year, breakfast is taking longer. I suspect if we continue to grow the event, we may have to consider dropping the breakfast or creating a special 'breakfast run'.

I haven't heard any different, so I assume we'll stop for breakfast on the War Eagle run. Here are the different runs that are posted, along with directions/maps:
http://www.pca-palooza.com/2009_routes.asp
Old 11-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I've never been to Palooza but aren't there more/additional places for breakfast? Maybe split the group between the places? I for one can't go w/out breakfast (most important meal of the day as they say).
Old 11-06-2009, 11:17 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993BillW
I've never been to Palooza but aren't there more/additional places for breakfast? Maybe split the group between the places? I for one can't go w/out breakfast (most important meal of the day as they say).
Bill, there are more places for breakfast, including a restaurant at the main hotel. I think the War Eagle spirited drive is the only one that incorporates a stop for breakfast. There are 3 other coordinated drives going on simultaneously.

Quick Reply: Porsche Palooza in Eureka Springs, AR