993 Forum 1995-1998

Porsche Palooza in Eureka Springs, AR

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Bill, there are more places for breakfast, including a restaurant at the main hotel. I think the War Eagle spirited drive is the only one that incorporates a stop for breakfast. There are 3 other coordinated drives going on simultaneously.
Yes, I'm sure we'll be able to work something out and I'm not worried about going hungry. Anxiously looking forward to the trip. Just ordered new wheels for the Pepper, sounds like they'll be here in plenty of time to get on before the drive over (I'm hoping).
Old 11-06-2009, 09:05 PM
97_993C2
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BufordTJ

If you guys wouldn't mind, send me a PM if you’re attending lunch so I can set it up and also if you’re only planning to meet at hwy23.
Travis, some of us from DFW plan to meet you for lunch. Right now I know of three of us, but I will hopefully get you a better count as the weekend approaches. I think most of them do not have 993s so they may not know about PMing you unless you are cross-posting.

Also, I am assuming it is the Red Rooster and not the Red Roster. Is it on the north or south side of I-40?
Old 11-06-2009, 10:48 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 97_993C2
Travis, some of us from DFW plan to meet you for lunch. Right now I know of three of us, but I will hopefully get you a better count as the weekend approaches. I think most of them do not have 993s so they may not know about PMing you unless you are cross-posting.

Also, I am assuming it is the Red Rooster and not the Red Roster. Is it on the north or south side of I-40?
Rooster yes! Hey I am from ar-can-saw and Bill aint no good a spellin either! Red Rooster in on the south side of I-40 exit 13 next to McDonalds. I haven't cross posted. Will you let the others know?
Old 11-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Rooster yes! Hey I am from ar-can-saw and Bill aint no good a spellin either!
Actually I'm downright lousy at spellin' but usually Firefox gives me a heads up and corrects me. Thank God for spell check in Word too!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:45 AM
kshipp
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
I've never been to Palooza but aren't there more/additional places for breakfast? Maybe split the group between the places? I for one can't go w/out breakfast (most important meal of the day as they say).
Hi Bill,

Yes, there are other places, but the longer Spirited drive is the only one that allows time for breakfast. The other runs are shorter, not allowing the time. The hotel restaurant serves good food, and we typically eat breakfast there. My only complaint with the restaurant is that they open late for breakfast. I seem to recall it was around 7:00am...

I would advise eating there anyway, since the War Eagle run is becoming so large, it takes them a while to feed everyone. They have limited seating upstairs in the War Eagle Mill. Cool place though!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by kshipp
Hi Bill,

Yes, there are other places, but the longer Spirited drive is the only one that allows time for breakfast. The other runs are shorter, not allowing the time. The hotel restaurant serves good food, and we typically eat breakfast there. My only complaint with the restaurant is that they open late for breakfast. I seem to recall it was around 7:00am...

I would advise eating there anyway, since the War Eagle run is becoming so large, it takes them a while to feed everyone. They have limited seating upstairs in the War Eagle Mill. Cool place though!
I'm sure I'll get all the details there but my thought right now is to get breakfast at the hotel and go on the longer Spirited drive and have coffee/pastry while the others are eating breakfast. I'm flexible though, I can adapt (if you knew my wife you'd understand).

I'll be in the Cayenne so most likely I'll bring up the rear, however that thing can haul though.

The guy I've been talking to about his 993 is finally back in town (NE) but it would be pushing things to get it before Palooza. The one in TX would be doable but the seller is difficult.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'll be in the Cayenne so most likely I'll bring up the rear, however that thing can haul though.
Yes it do!

Mike
Old 11-07-2009, 09:47 PM
kshipp
Racer

Thumbs up

I'll be in the Cayenne so most likely I'll bring up the rear, however that thing can haul though...
Speaking of the Cayenne, I just posted a link to a video of a Cayenne OFF ROAD - quite impressive - http://ozarkpca.blogspot.com/2009/11...oad-video.html
Old 11-07-2009, 10:13 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

That's crazy Kelly! Nice find.

BTW we missed you today.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by kshipp
Speaking of the Cayenne, I just posted a link to a video of a Cayenne OFF ROAD - quite impressive -
I've had my Pepper off-road but nothing CLOSE to that! Thanks for the post.

I will have the tow strap in the back in case you crazy 993 drivers try to go off-roading. Hopefully no one will and it won't be needed.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:11 PM
kshipp
Racer

Default Prints

That's crazy Kelly! Nice find.
BTW we missed you today.
I wanted to come up to Ft. Smith, but I really needed to prep (frame) my images for my exhibit at Palooza. I have about 7 prints I'll be bringing. I have some prep to do for the silent auction as well.
You guys need to do this again soon. Maybe we'll get some good weather in December (ha)...
Old 11-08-2009, 09:22 PM
kshipp
Racer

In looking at the current Porsche Palooza count, we have 162 cars registered! Last year we had 171, so we should be very close, possibly more than last year! Good news, especially in this economy.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

We just got home from our pre-Palooza weekend.

You all are going to have a blast. The roads are just incredible.

Yesterday we took a long, long drive. Likely 200 miles of Arkansas' finest roads and scenery.

Attached are a few shots.

Have a great time!
Attached Images      
Old 11-08-2009, 11:25 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice Patrick. Great shots.
chuck
Old 11-09-2009, 12:00 PM
kshipp
Racer

Originally Posted by csertich
Nice Patrick. Great shots.
chuck
Ditto - nice shots Patrick! I'll probably take a few photos.
You guys better join us next year!....

Quick Reply: Porsche Palooza in Eureka Springs, AR