Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 03:14 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Marc-- Gorgeous!

FrenchToast-- Too funny

Everyone wins when RLer EB847 visits Vegas!!!

Old 03-23-2013, 11:08 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

FrenchT-- Nice 993 spy skills: road-going Speedsters, photographed by RLer zMayne:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast
Old 03-23-2013, 11:17 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

RLers-- Have a great weekend, & enjoy your 993s!

Last Saturday with friends. Leaving soon for another jaunt

Thanks to photographer Sasa S. for sharing:

Old 03-24-2013, 01:28 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Lots of nice P-cars present
In addtion to the the GT3 RS 4.0 seen here with an Aston Martin Vantage roadster, Maserati, & Panamera, there were two other 993s!

...plus everything from 991s, 997s, 996s, to 914s & 356s to Fiskars, Audis, Volkswagens, Jaguars, a Rolls Royce Drophead Phantom & even an Intermeccanica-built 356 Speedster.
From photographer Sasa S.:

Old 03-24-2013, 02:13 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Dude! Watch those curbs. You're awfully close there.

Take care,
Old 03-26-2013, 10:29 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Curbs can't move closer.
Lambos, however...

Old 04-01-2013, 03:10 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

If you can make it to NYC, check out the New York International Auto Show - North America's 1st & largest attended auto show. Open through April 7!

A year ago, Speedy was invited to the NYIAS' LeMay Museum exhibit.
During my trip to Manhattan, I got to meet lots of amazingly cool RLers, & even made it to Hershey PA's big Porsche swap meet.

I saw this image for the 1st time today - a nice reminder of how it all started with the help of 1 RLer, who happened to ask for a 993 Speedster
Here's Speedy just taking it easy in the Javitz Center, before doors opened...

^^ Photography © flickr.com's Sean Phillips Photography.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:25 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by spdklz

I was at Laguna Seca 2009 for the PCA event. I spotted exceptional 993's seen here
Dustin-- I haven't looked at my '09 shots in way too long ... you're bringing back happy memories!

The sexy black 993 GTwith bolt on flares, speed line 3 pc wheels and cage outside the Porsche Motorsports booth with Rohr motorsports plates on it
My fave. Was owned by a RLer who's amazing. He also owned the racing GT2 inside the booth!

Seeing that amazing red 993 speedster conversion up close "details are perfect" in the vip area of Porsche island along with a bare metal 550A spider.
Thank you, sir ^^
Wow - that Spyder From the the PCA Heritage Showcase:

^^Photography by RLer EB847

Trip of a lifetime!
+1 ^^ My first Monterey experience with Porsches & - mostly importantly - RLers. Met many new & long-lasting friends there.
Looking forward to meeting you, too: you have a PM

^^Photography by RLer C4SDave

Cheers --Jäger
Old 11-12-2013, 04:24 AM
dlee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone

I'm a newbie from Down Under and I drive a 993 Turbo S.

I've stumbled across Rennlist just a few weeks ago and have been amazed at the quality of cars on this site.

None more so that "Speedy"-whoa, what a machine! Sadly, I now realise that I drive the world's second best 993 model and, if I lived Stateside, I'd be over knocking on curve lover's door with the keys to my car and a brown paper bag full of $100,000, begging to swap...

So there's no doubt the "Speedy" is the bomb (or whatever you yankees say) but I thought I'd share my thoughts about curve lover, the man. Here goes...

What a guy! I contacted him to enquire about his 19" Sport Classic wheels and didn't get a reply; I realised from the threads that he's getting contact from the four corners of the globe so I didn't feel snubbed.

What was actually happening was that the guy got my PM, starting typing and didn't stop for 7 days, with great dollops of friendship, encouragement, love for all things Porsche. WOW! If curve lover is agreeable then I'm going to ask him to write my eulogy! The less he knows about me in this regard, the better!

So I have ordered the same wheels for my car and I CAN'T WAIT to get them.

My wife is recovering from a serious ordeal with cancer and we've some friends that have lent us some pretty wild machinery over recent weeks, saying that she needs to get the wind back through her hair. Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Maclaren-no BS these are some fantastic cars!

But you know what? They are TOO good for everyday use. I got back into my (tiny) 993 and loved it. You feel all the bumps in the road and are forced to drive to conditions. The 19s will accentuate this even further and I will slow down accordingly.

A guy like curve lover and a car like "Speedy" make me understand that it's not always about driving fast. With great cars like 993s, which are seen less and less as days go by, it's about going S-L-O-W; thanks Jager, for a great lesson.

You guys are really lucky to have a guy like this in your lives. I don't know how he treats his cat, but hell, what enthusiasm! what passion!

Thanks one and all for reading and thanks for posting such great threads.

I'll try to stick some photos when the wheels are on my car.

cheers douglas
Old 11-12-2013, 10:46 AM
600RR
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Douglas: That's a great post and a nice tribute to a great guy. Jaeger has always been supportive to me and I am beginning to think that it may be a viral condition of sorts, largely effecting RLers with Speedsters. I say this because JP (Arena Red Speedster) has been a terrific help to me, far beyond what anyone could expect, as has Colin Belton. RL folks are good people and I've been a fortunate recipient of their collective help.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

Wow - 700 posts to this thread!
Old 11-16-2013, 11:01 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by dlee
Hi Everyone

I'm a newbie from Down Under and I drive a 993 Turbo S.

So there's no doubt the "Speedy" is the bomb (or whatever you yankees say) but I thought I'd share my thoughts about curve lover, the man. Here goes...

My wife is recovering from a serious ordeal with cancer and we've some friends that have lent us some pretty wild machinery over recent weeks, saying that she needs to get the wind back through her hair. Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Maclaren-no BS these are some fantastic cars!

But you know what? They are TOO good for everyday use. I got back into my (tiny) 993 and loved it. You feel all the bumps in the road and are forced to drive to conditions. The 19s will accentuate this even further and I will slow down accordingly.

A guy like curve lover and a car like "Speedy" make me understand that it's not always about driving fast. With great cars like 993s, which are seen less and less as days go by, it's about going S-L-O-W; thanks Jager, for a great lesson.

You guys are really lucky to have a guy like this in your lives. I don't know how he treats his cat, but hell, what enthusiasm! what passion!

Thanks one and all for reading and thanks for posting such great threads.

I'll try to stick some photos when the wheels are on my car.

cheers douglas
What a great way to bring this thread back to the front page! (Okay, well it's a few pages back now, but I did first read your post a while ago).

Indeed, he sure is a cool guy!

Wishing your wife a speedy and healthy recovery. That is great you can share the enjoyment of the car with her.

Take care, and have fun.

Last edited by FrenchToast; 11-16-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:39 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by FrenchToast

Indeed, he sure is a cool guy!
FrenchT-- Ah shucks. I'm the one that should be posting more accolades about you & other RLers that have made my journey with 'Speedy' so much the better!

IMHO, this Christmas-colored graphic of yours is beyond cool
Have you considered making/ selling shirts or poster prints? I'm thinking serious potential
Hope you don't mind me sharing; I'm not sure if you intended for others to see it, but I think it deserves a much larger audience

Old 12-28-2013, 11:39 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default 993

Originally Posted by Cemoto

Wow - 700 posts to this thread!
Al-- How cool would this number of posts be...

Originally Posted by alpinadvl

So.... a red speedster called "Speedy" comes to town....
Old 12-28-2013, 11:42 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 600RR

Douglas: That's a great post and a nice tribute to a great guy.

Jaeger has always been supportive to me and I am beginning to think that it may be a viral condition of sorts, largely effecting RLers with Speedsters. I say this because RL folks are good people and I've been a fortunate recipient of their collective help.
Sid-- Of all the times Speedy & I've come to your state, I can't believe I haven't met up with you yet Help me correct this grievous error, will ya?

Let me know if you didn't get my last PM response to the Speedster questions you sent a couple months ago after posting your WTB thread; I'll gladly re-send.

I can't resist anything I can do to help when you ask - you've always wowed me with your attention to detail & taste for some of the finest & most exotic cars on the planet. I was flattered that you decided to privately keep me in the loop re: some of the many decisions you made while obtaining your rare RUF 993 cab, & then personalizing it to make it perfectly your own.

It's no wonder that JPP helps you out: I was SO envious when he told me of the "incentive flight" he got in your land-rocket!!!

IMHO, your rare RUF turbo hard-top cab approaches the top of the list of cars I'd absolutely LUV to experience in person, eclipsed only by how much I know I'd enjoy meeting you in person plus kicking back & talking cars.

Jaeger: Thanks much for the kind words.

Quick Reply: Rennlist/ PCA member's 993 SPEEDSTER