Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick immobilizer help

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 11:36 AM
kdorsey
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I've been too busy and missed this post. I'll reference a few threads that I listed my experiences in last year. I hope your issues have resolved. My experience was a total nightmare.

Clear and present danger
another clue
earlier clue
first signs of trouble

PM me if you have any specific questions. I could, unfortunately, write a doctoral dissertation on the topic.

BTW, it is possible to remove your immobilizer...but you also have to replace the ECU and perform several harness adjustments (shorting, disconnections, etc). A total PITA and expensive, but possible. I'm still investigating replacing mine with a track-only style setup. You don't hear of clubbers having immobilizer issues.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:27 PM
cdmdriver
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bart1
Grrr... I'm at the dealer and they can't fix it. Never had an issue before. My remote wouldn't work and I manually unlocked the door and quickly tried to crank it. No dice. He tried to reprogram. Got the car started but the remote still won't work. Car is running now but can't turn the alarm off. He plans to unhook immobilizzer but says the flashers will still act as if armed. Any help?
That is a coincidence, my neighbor has an Aventurine Green 95 993 and the same exact thing happened to him. The dealer here could not fix it. They held on to the car for a week and a half. Finally got the car running but that was all. My neighbor ended up going to a local car stereo/alarm shop and having a new alarm and automatic door lock installed.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:29 PM
helmet155
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something small to consider: check the door switches to make sure they are actuating and any hood/trunk switches to make sure they are fully operating and seating.

I'm not a body electrical guru, more engine management than body E.

Also, have you checked the current draw while you are having immobilizer issues? If your draw is over 35milliamps the immobilizer may still be looking for another signal.

The intermittency makes me think contact points.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:33 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure mine is a remote to control box communication issue.

Quick Reply: Quick immobilizer help