Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 386 Posts
Default Any one w/ a DAS bar and PP or Profi XL

care to post some pics?

I've seen PPs where the shoulder harness holes don't line up too well w/ the DAS horizontal where the harness mounts. Don't know how much of an issue this really is. But pics of either seat installed would be helpful

just some additional data, I'm 6'1 220# and need the wider seats, currently I need to leave the seat bottom cushions out for helmet clearance on track days would like to avoid that. Also would like to retain sliders but if I had to would give them up.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:26 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Bill:

These may not be the greatest shots.. but they're all I have

I'm 5'11 and have the SPG XL seats. I have recaro sliders and side mounts. The seat is bolted to the lowest front position and second from bottom position in the rear (if that makes sense). The angle that the shoulder straps take from your shoulder to the bar should not be more than 20 degrees from parallel, otherwise you'll have excessive compression on an impact.

I believe that the pole position seats have the shoulder harness holes placed somewhat differently than the SPG XLs, which IFRC are bigger and higher.

BTW, I purchased my SPG XL's this time last year... I'm contemplating going to a head restraint seat... so if you are interested in one of my seats, shoot me a PM and we can discuss.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjabones
Bill:

These may not be the greatest shots.. but they're all I have

I'm 5'11 and have the SPG XL seats. I have recaro sliders and side mounts. The seat is bolted to the lowest front position and second from bottom position in the rear (if that makes sense). The angle that the shoulder straps take from your shoulder to the bar should not be more than 20 degrees from parallel, otherwise you'll have excessive compression on an impact.

I believe that the pole position seats have the shoulder harness holes placed somewhat differently than the SPG XLs, which IFRC are bigger and higher.

BTW, I purchased my SPG XL's this time last year... I'm contemplating going to a head restraint seat... so if you are interested in one of my seats, shoot me a PM and we can discuss.
Thanks! AFAIK the PP harness holes are placed lower than the Proffi/SPG. the pp used w/ the DAs bar seem to warp/rub around the top of the holes.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:59 PM
CornerCarver
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DAS bar with PP seats. So far, no issues from what I can tell. Let me know if you need pics of other angles.
Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2008, 10:05 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

OT- Al, nice leather PPs! And your avatar needs to be bigger :-) - love the looks of your car.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:11 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 484 Likes on 256 Posts

If you're taller than 5'9" or have a long torso, IMO the PP seat shoulder belt holes will not line up well from your shoulders to the DAS bar.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:49 PM
ppressle
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can confirm that. 6'2" long torso. Belt holes were a couple of inches below my shoulders. I went with the gt3 seats with the big holes for just that reason.

The seat belt holes location realtive to the bar also depends upon how the seat is mounted. I mounted my PP to the floor with the bk plates and I believe the belt holes were below the DAS bar.

No pics. Sorry.

Pete
Old 11-14-2008, 11:03 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 427 Posts

Bill, we are more or less the same size but with a longish torso relative to my legs. I run Pole Positions but with a BK harness bar. The harness holes on the PP's just barely are right for that set up. I would imagine that the harness bar crosses behind the seats at basically the same height as a roll bar. In regards to helmet clearance issues it hasn't been a problem with the Recaro sliders and side mounts and the seat is mounted a little bit below the lowest mounting points (I drilled them). I also run eye bolts for a clip in harness and have no seat clearance issues with them.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:28 PM
CornerCarver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AC993C2S
OT- Al, nice leather PPs! And your avatar needs to be bigger :-) - love the looks of your car.

Thanks! Is the avatar big enough now? Thanks for the compliments. I know you like white 993's, but you made the right move with respray. Looks amazing! Good luck with the rest of the project.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:30 PM
CornerCarver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jdistefa
If you're taller than 5'9" or have a long torso, IMO the PP seat shoulder belt holes will not line up well from your shoulders to the DAS bar.
I just make the cutoff.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:23 AM
hutch
Instructor

Bill, I am 6-5 and have Profi XL currently. Previouly I had PP, the Profi XL has a taller back and larger openings for the shoulder harness. I don't have my DAS bar anymore, but with my Heigo bar everything is fine. I use BK seat mounts, can't remember the number but I can get it for you. With these mounts, slightly modified I could clear the headliner with my helmet on when I had a sunroof.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:30 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

5'11" No Problem with the curve in the roll bar. The belt will work its way to the outside but you cannot tell when wearing it. I also use a Hans Device without issue.
Attached Images     
Old 11-15-2008, 10:32 AM
CornerCarver
Burning Brakes

Those are some shiny seats you have. Do you still need pics of the RS door panels?
Old 11-15-2008, 10:38 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera SC
Those are some shiny seats you have. Do you still need pics of the RS door panels?
yes.. and rear RS Carpet Kit.

They are only shiny from the flash reflection. No Treatment... It was dark in the garage.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:48 AM
CornerCarver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 007DT
yes.. and rear RS Carpet Kit.
Ok. I'll take some today and post them tonight.

Originally Posted by 007DT
They are only shiny from the flash reflection. No Treatment... It was dark in the garage.
Oh, i thought you were as bored as me and treated your race seats.

Quick Reply: Any one w/ a DAS bar and PP or Profi XL