Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awesome ebay experience from armaturenringe-de!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 06:58 AM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4X4SCHE
OK Marlon, your post annoyed me...here is why:

The seller sent you a shipment date and a tracking number. You can go to the German Post office web site ( which to help you has an English version would you believe!) and you enter your tracking number and date of shipment. I did this for you......You get the following information.

" RV618979045DE:
The mail item was handed over to the International Mail Centre Frankfurt (office of exchange in the country of origin) on 11.09.2007 to be sent to the recipient in United States.

For further inquiries/information, please contact our Mail International customer service at +49 (0)18 01 / 80 55 55 from Mondays to Fridays between 8 am and 6 pm, Saturdays between 8 am and 2 pm; 3.9 cents per minute when calling from a Deutsche Telekom land line. "

What part of this is A) Too difficult for you to follow and B) in any way the seller's fault. It is not his fault that you live in the USA, it could be the US postal service that lost it.

I suggest you either fall back on the seller to bail you out, which he has little obligation to do, or you take the initiative to help yourself and quit whining until you have followed even the most basic steps.

If you need help to figure out the time in Frankfurt or how to dial an international number, maybe someone else here can help, I'm tired.

Good luck, I hope your stuff arrives.

John
Hey John, seriously, thanks very much but I am not whining nor complaining - per my initial post.:^) If it arrives fine, if it does not arrive, fine as well. Like I said, I will make the next order from Carneval - a well establsihed, tax-paying, responsible & responsive, commercial establishment.

Last edited by Marlon; 10-11-2007 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I ordered mine from the same vendor through ebay. Got them within a week and they look better than any other ring out there.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Marlon
Drifting

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
I ordered mine from the same vendor through ebay. Got them within a week and they look better than any other ring out there.
Coincidentally, the vender emailed me today and is sending another set My faith has returned...
Old 10-11-2007, 12:18 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Purchased 4 sets through 2 group buys and Ebay. Each case an excellent deal. Sounds like they got lost.

BTW I have a spare set if anyone is interested.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:04 PM
4X4SCHE
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Marlon,

The issue you have is not the sellers fault. It is the shipper that appears to have lost the package. Since the last email when they gave you the tracking number, have you told the seller it has still not arrived?

For your information Gert ships via DHL, your seller shipped by Deutsche Post who owns DHL. In other words this could also happen to a shipment from Gert. So why are you recommending against this seller? Your comments about "tax paying, responsive and responsible" are over the top. I could say you are "predjudiced, ignorant and dependant on others" but I won't.

Take care,

John
Old 10-11-2007, 01:16 PM
993 Azul
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Marlon,

The issue you have is not the sellers fault. It is the shipper that appears to have lost the package. Since the last email when they gave you the tracking number, have you told the seller it has still not arrived?

For your information Gert ships via DHL, your seller shipped by Deutsche Post who owns DHL. In other words this could also happen to a shipment from Gert. So why are you recommending against this seller? Your comments about "tax paying, responsive and responsible" are over the top. I could say you are "predjudiced, ignorant and dependant on others" but I won't.

Take care,

John
+1

I had no problems with my order,got them 2 weeks ago,they look great,much better than the ones I had from Cup-Sport which were the heavy,wraparound type.There is no need to bash seller for a situation he does not control,witness
the many happy customers.Cheers

Joseph
Old 10-11-2007, 01:25 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Can someone post pics of these rings?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:04 PM
clubrsr993
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marlon
Coincidentally, the vender emailed me today and is sending another set My faith has returned...
Marlon - I echoed everyones comment on the vendor. I too had a very good experienced with Holger. I bought mine directly from his website.

Just my .02
Old 10-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Hey Marlon,

Take care,

John
John -
Recommendations are based on one's own experiences or observed experiences, or in some cases, a combination. You have the 'freedom to choose' in this case. I would 'recommend' that you simply choose to ignore my recommedation. I could say that your comments would carry a little more weight and significance if you were a paying subscriber to Rennlist, but I wont'
Old 10-11-2007, 02:45 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

John -
Recommendations are based on one's own experiences or observed experiences, or in some cases, a combination. You have the 'freedom to choose' in this case. I would 'recommend' that you simply choose to ignore my recommedation. I could say that your comments would carry a little more weight and significance if you were a paying subscriber to Rennlist, but I wont'
+1

John....It is better form to pony up the dollars for a rennlist membership before you harpoon a paying member
Old 10-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Amfab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John -
I sure am glad I paid my subscription, otherwise anything I say wouldn't be worth as much
Old 10-11-2007, 04:26 PM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

As long as we're recommending I recommend that the thread title and original post be prominently updated to show that the vendor did exactly as he should have and that the poor experience was the fault of the post office.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:12 PM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this vendor make "gage faces" or the rings around the gages?
Old 10-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ed devinney
As long as we're recommending I recommend that the thread title and original post be prominently updated to show that the vendor did exactly as he should have and that the poor experience was the fault of the Deutsche Post office.
To be a bit more specific.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:36 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ninjabones
Can someone post pics of these rings?
ninja, here is a post from the group buy thread... a good before and after pic: https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=119
EDIT: here is another group buy thread with good pics in the first post (there have been a few GBs for these): https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=35947

and Marlon, dude, you waited 6 weeks, posted here, THEN contacted the supplier? And he sends another set out... Oops.

The seller is a good guy in my book. I certainly wouldn't then hit him with the parting shot "next order from Carneval - a well establsihed, tax-paying, responsible & responsive, commercial establishment" since it looks like the original supplier could very well be the same as you described. Maybe we don't know the entire tale...

Now, if you said "next time I will support a RL sponsor". then you got something. But I would suspsect price played a role in this decision.

Quick Reply: Awesome ebay experience from armaturenringe-de!!!