993 Forum 1995-1998

M030 facts I did not know

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Fill
can you splain all that in.........ENGLISH?
Let me axe you.....

stealer= your friend of 30 + years? right? Oh and for the record, I am a car dealer type. I would be offended if a "good friend " of moi, refered to me as a "stealer"...

but I digress..........and at this point you will call me some type of name?
Jesus is this thread getting into mudslinging!

It's hard to fault politico's fror the crap they're throwing around when same model car lovers can't keep from doing it themselves!
Old 10-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Geolab - I would like to apologize for the immature replies you have received to your attempt to give us helpful information. The responses over the past few days are amazingly crass and rude. I am sorry you have had to experience it. We are not all like that.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
I think you need to read through this thread again. Geolab (easy to hide when you don't use your real name?) is the one making it personal by calling me a hillbilly, etc. etc. Do you not agree?
Yes, I do!
Old 10-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrienne
Geolab - I would like to apologize for the immature replies you have received to your attempt to give us helpful information. The responses over the past few days are amazingly crass and rude. I am sorry you have had to experience it. We are not all like that.
Adrienne,
Why not address the rude and threatening comments mr. geolab has written? This is not a one way street. The only thing remotely rude I have said was that he was french. Sorry if that was an insult to him. Here is a sampling of his rude comments when asked to back up his claims. Instead of doing that, he posts these types of comments...

"If you are used to getting laughed at, do not think everybody has the same fate.
A person thinks before he speaks"

"Some have tried to ridicule this post while the only thing they ever do is ridiculize themselves"

"Is that the actual reason for your innate rudeness, primitive hilbilly automatic criticism, and petit mal-behaviour?or more like someone has unleashed you, because its messing with their business?"

"you'll be smashed like a brown striped M030 spring soon, very soon"
Old 10-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 345 Posts
Cool It's getting hot in here....

Here is a quote that I saw today...it really applies to me, for what its wortth:
"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves." Carl Jung

I reflected on this quote this AM after a Blue Hair tried to ram me in a parking lot this AM; she missed...and when the hotel clerk, when handed my driver's License while asking for an extra room key, asked me if my name was (my middle name), when she had my license in her hands. In both cases, I felt the boil coming on...maybe I need some meds.

Back to the string...I have personally measured (on a Longacre spring compressor) stock US front and rear springs and M030 (US) front and rear springs...nearly identical on compression, 150 front and 300 rear. I also measured a 993TT rear spring. It was taller, the wire ID was a bit thicker, but guess the spring rate? 300 Lbs......it was, it was.

Now here's the deal. If you want a nice suspension that will fit, with 0 problems, and is cheap too, get the M030 (RoW). I had it on my car for a short time, that is, until I had an opportunity to pick up a set of PSS9s for a sweet price. It will last for 30,000 + miles, maybe longer. At the typical 7,500 miles per year for a Porsche car....you have 4 years of driving, probably more

If you want to play around with the suspension, from soft to middle range, to stiff, the PSS9s set up with 993RS bars is really sweet. I don't have the 993RS bars, but wished I did at one time. I have the TRG bars and they were a pain in the *** to sort out...but now they are fine...the key for me, stock drop links in front, 993RS links for the rear, dump the TRG drop links. They were too short and didn't allow for complete adjustability.

Now you boys settle down and stop fighting or else you be sent to you rooms, with NO DINNER .

Last edited by Martin S.; 10-27-2006 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply: M030 facts I did not know