Sponsored by:

Yeap got screwed by the dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 01:39 PM
drnd
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

To all rennlister,

Thanks for all your support. I have since retained an attorney and he is looking into the situation. I will talk to the GM monday morning and try to get this resolved. I have offered them a solution and yet still no solution was given. Losing the car is now not a big deal to me as there will be others. I am just disgusted with the way I was treated by this dealer. My fight is not about money. Its about fairness, good ole human decency and delivering what you promised. I have never haggle about price once we agreed on a final purchase. I just wanted to do my due diligence as recommended by this site (PPI, etc).

thanks to all, Nick.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LoL DC,. I wish, very slow here today.

JW, glad things worked out for you. Your case was quite different, and quite a bit clearer, at least from my perspective.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:40 PM
dsandfort
Advanced

A well-crafted, articulate and highly professional response from the Dealer in response to e-mail queries (including mine):

"Why don't we get the story straight here. Do you people believe everything you read on the internet? Nick didn't leave a deposit, he didn't fly here, and he's barking up the wrong tree. Our dealership has been in business 25 years, are a Porsche Premier Dealer, and we don't treat our customers that way. Are you guys really that naive that you read 1 post and think we are the bad guys in the situation. He's already contacted Porsche Cars North America and when they found out the real story they gave a big laugh. I think someone should check the validity of these stories before they start emailing people they don't know about things they are clueless about. People like this should be kicked off of message boards (especially respectable ones like rennlist) for blatant lies. "

At last I'm naive in a respectable place.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:39 PM
jw97C2S
Racer

Alfie
Again, I agree with you.

Originally Posted by Alfie
JW, glad things worked out for you. Your case was quite different, and quite a bit clearer, at least from my perspective.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:42 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The explaniation broadcast from the dealeship reminds me of the legal team Kobe Bryant hired for his rape charges: Blame and attack the victim, impune his credibility, and spread all kinds of information to confuse the issue at hand.

As I see it somebody who bought a nonrefundable ticket to fly and complete a transaction shows, at the very least, some good faith.

I would expect the actions the dealship exhibited from someone who sells Timeshares in Mexico rather than a "Porsche PremIre Dealership". The Dealership appears to have gone out of the way to shoot itself in the foot by generating an onslaught of negative feedback.

One thing that is quite troubling: The representative of the Dealership suggests that Porsche Cars of North America "Laughed" at the buyers complaint. Is the Dealer Rep inferring that Porsche Cars of North America thinks the concerns of current / future owners are funny and trival? A manufacturer who could care less about their customers? I hope not.
The actions the Dealer's Rep suggests are counter to my experiences with PCNA but I am a Naive California boy who knows nottin about big Porsche PREMIER Dealerships.

Maybe this whole thread shold be forwarded to the chairman of PCNA and let them sort it out.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:41 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

I agree - let's all forward it to PCNA.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Nickels
Advanced

For the record, there are honorable Dealers out there. I saw a 25,000+- mile C2S advertised by a local Porsche dealer in NJ for $39,900. I waited until 8:30 opening but the caller before me bought it over the phone with a credit card deposit on his way to the airport, saying he would square things up when he got back in a week. I had cash in hand but they honored his deposit and even admitted that they priced it wrong and made a big mistake. The salesman said the phone rang off the hook.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:13 AM
rad911
AutoX

i just sent trent a nasty e mail on your behalf as well. screw them!
rad911
Old 05-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

While I am more likely to distrust dealers than to trust them based on a few rare personal experiences, I do question whether it does Rennlist any good to start jumping on errant dealers when we only have the word of one vs. the other. I'm not saying someone or both are lying but not everyone sees the same things the same, even if it was all facts (i.e. Half-empty vs. half-full -> same data).

I have had great service from Sunset and Crescent Porsche, and mediocre service/attitude from two who shall remain un-named. I've also had crappy service from a non-OEM parts supplier but someone else had great service from the same company. So, it would be rather unfair to take sides, especially in a case like this where it seems that both parties are claiming that they did the right thing. (Blatant con cases like "Pierre" are a different matter)

Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:31 AM
Saint-Vieux
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Did you verbally agreed w/ them regarding the 48h time frame?..

saki
Old 05-18-2005, 02:54 PM
drnd
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Saki,

No there was no mention of 48 hrs time frame.

Nick

Quick Reply: Yeap got screwed by the dealer.