Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargraphic Valve Control Unit

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2023 | 12:05 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

No it doesn't.

I'm shocked you're triggering sounds meters. What track and what is the decibel limit?​​​
Old 08-26-2023 | 12:23 AM
michaelp
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
No it doesn't.

I'm shocked you're triggering sounds meters. What track and what is the decibel limit?​​​
Laguna Seca, 90dB limit day. The GTS hit 94.6dB in “normal” PSE mode.

Last edited by michaelp; 08-26-2023 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-26-2023 | 12:31 AM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by michaelp
Does the Cargraphic support keeping the valves closed, even at high RPM?

Reason I ask is my GTS with a stock exhaust has exceeded track sounds limits, even when the PSE is in “normal” mode. Looking for a solution for those low sound limit track days.

It does on mine. I close the vales with the cargraphic and run the car in normal mode. TTBOMK, that means the valves are closed or at least it sure seems like they are.
Old 08-26-2023 | 12:46 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

The valves will open under full throttle even in normal mode. Car's gotta breath .
The following users liked this post:
michaelp (08-26-2023)
Old 08-26-2023 | 04:16 AM
Boulevard
2nd Gear

Anecdotally, I noticed improvements in throttle response after returning to OEM valve behavior with my tune.
Old 09-05-2023 | 12:37 PM
adrianp89
Pro

Any chance of another group buy?
Old 09-05-2023 | 12:45 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by adrianp89
Any chance of another group buy?
They are still on sale. Please email kim@supremepower.com and she can get you set up

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 09-15-2023 | 01:26 PM
cassdesigns
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GoCards67
I have had the "Reduced Power" error several times. It seemed to trigger a general CEL light as well. Both went away after several hours of use. I am not sure having the valves opened or closed upon starting seems to make a difference. Quite annoying for sure. Never seen that error after owning the car for a year. The Cargraphic has been installed for two weeks and had happened 3 times. Also, when the error is present.. I can no longer control the Cargraphic unit at all. I can't open or close the valves any longer. Wondering if I have a bad unit?
​​​​​​​I've been having this issue as well, and every "other time" I start up the car, I will get the reduced power message. When there is a CEL message coming, I also hear a long beep coming from back of the car, not sure if its from the unit or the valves. The beep is very faint, but its there. I wonder if the units faulty

Last edited by cassdesigns; 09-15-2023 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-15-2023 | 01:30 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cassdesigns
I've been having this issue as well, and every "other time" I start up the car, I will get the reduced power message. When there is a CEL message coming, I also hear a long beep coming from back of the car, not sure if its from the unit or the valves. The beep is very faint, but its there. I wonder if the units faulty
I make sure I go into closed mode (OEM) before turning the car off. Since then never got that message again. When I open the valves I hear a "squeak", i.e. the valve itself makes a little noise,...maybe that is what you hear?
Old 09-15-2023 | 01:49 PM
Sunshine GT3
Track Day

Default Cargraphic Valve Control Unit

I have not experimented too much with my Cargraphic yet, but so far no issues. I have left the unit in open mode even when turning off the car. I suspect if there are issues with the valves you may try disconnecting the unit for a little while to make sure all is in normal working order. I have lubricated the shaft that connects to the valve with a little motor oil and that improved the effort needed to open and close, this may also reduce any squeaking sound from the valves. I’m running a full IPE system so my valves are not the stock ones. Hope you narrow down what’s causing the issue.

Old 09-15-2023 | 02:46 PM
cassdesigns
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tobeit
I make sure I go into closed mode (OEM) before turning the car off. Since then never got that message again. When I open the valves I hear a "squeak", i.e. the valve itself makes a little noise,...maybe that is what you hear?
I dont think its the valve's sound, more of a "electronic alarm beep", almost sounding like triggering a door alarm single tone beep.

I might just take it off and go oem for a few cycles and then replug it later
Old 09-15-2023 | 11:57 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

I just installed mine 2 nights ago. No technical difficulties thankfully.

The default setting on my unit was to remember the last position it was in when the car was shut off, which is perfectly fine for me.
I was able to pair it with Homelink on the first try,

Sounds impressions from the inside: not bad. It sounds a bit digital. Overall the tone of the stock PSE programming is more pleasant. From the outside the sounds is great. There are a crap ton more burbles and pops with the valves open. The throttle response is a bit funny. It's kind laggy and jumpy at the same time. I'm pretty sure the car slams the throttle plate open momentarily even on partial throttle applications, and it could be the stock valve tuning was muting that feeling. The overall volume is nowhere near too loud. It drones a bit at low rpms so I shut the valves off when I hit the freeway.

Overall pretty happy with it. Would purchase again
Old 09-16-2023 | 12:48 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

I installed mine today. Sounds good. I agree in certain applications it is better than PSE and in others I’m not so sure it helps much.

I can’t get mine, maybe I don’t understand the process/sequence to revert to closed automatically at startup. I’m not in love with the idea of manually closing the valves each time I get home. But I don’t want them open when it cold starts in the morning in my garage. It is significantly louder during cold start.
Old 09-16-2023 | 07:00 AM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
I installed mine today. Sounds good. I agree in certain applications it is better than PSE and in others I’m not so sure it helps much.

I can’t get mine, maybe I don’t understand the process/sequence to revert to closed automatically at startup. I’m not in love with the idea of manually closing the valves each time I get home. But I don’t want them open when it cold starts in the morning in my garage. It is significantly louder during cold start.
There must be a way. I shut mine down open each time and they start closed. Not sure what I did to set it up that way.

Last edited by Vicbastige; 09-16-2023 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-16-2023 | 10:23 AM
rgoldm2
Instructor

Have one almost new for sale if anyone is looking. Message me or email me rgoldm2@gmail.com

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Valve Control Unit