Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargraphic Valve Control Unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2023 | 07:08 PM
gthal
Pro

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Something's wrong. You should hear a VERY noticeable difference from around 1-4k. What happens when you press #2?
+1... I notice a very big difference under 4000 RPM in EVERY mode in the car and so does everyone I drive with. When the car is idling (after the cold start is done), get outside the car and switch the exhaust. You can hear it change both mechanically (like a click) and the exhaust will get instantly louder.

Last edited by gthal; 06-20-2023 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2023 | 03:34 PM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Ok so I've had it installed for a few weeks now. Big fan.

1. if you start the car valves open you will get a 'reduced power' error. Close the valves, turn the car off then restart. It will go away. I tested this a few times.
2. I installed the flat 6 bracket, very nice addition. after 300 miles the double stick tape required a hard yank to separate from the firewall.
3. I noticed a grinding sound from the passenger rear under low accel (normal driving) at 1500 rpm. it goes away at 1800-1900 and does it in gears 1-4. Any ideas? I have played with multiple different configurations of the wiring as I was concern it was the connectors rubbing. I now have the cargraphic nearly taut. My next recourse is to remove it completely and if still there take it to dealer (2023 with 1200 miles)
The following users liked this post:
Cartod (02-22-2024)
Old 06-21-2023 | 03:56 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by protamine

1. if you start the car valves open you will get a 'reduced power' error. Close the valves, turn the car off then restart. It will go away. I tested this a few times.
2. I installed the flat 6 bracket, very nice addition. after 300 miles the double stick tape required a hard yank to separate from the firewall.
3. I noticed a grinding sound from the passenger rear under low accel (normal driving) at 1500 rpm. it goes away at 1800-1900 and does it in gears 1-4. Any ideas? I have played with multiple different configurations of the wiring as I was concern it was the connectors rubbing. I now have the cargraphic nearly taut. My next recourse is to remove it completely and if still there take it to dealer (2023 with 1200 miles)
Issue 1 - does not happen to me and should not.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tobeit:
AdamIsAdam (06-21-2023), Vicbastige (06-21-2023)
Old 06-21-2023 | 04:09 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

I don't have issue #1 either (knock wood). But you can program the unit to always start in OEM mode or to always start in the last mode driven. That may help you.
Old 06-21-2023 | 05:22 PM
SA_992SMT
Advanced

I only experienced Issue #1 the first time using the controller right after install. No "reduced power" message after that. That's even starting the car the next day with valves open.
Old 06-22-2023 | 02:15 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Ive experienced nothing of the sort.

Have you tried unplugging the connectors and just putting it back to stock really quick?
Old 06-22-2023 | 12:14 PM
GoCards67
Rennlist Member

I have had the "Reduced Power" error several times. It seemed to trigger a general CEL light as well. Both went away after several hours of use. I am not sure having the valves opened or closed upon starting seems to make a difference. Quite annoying for sure. Never seen that error after owning the car for a year. The Cargraphic has been installed for two weeks and had happened 3 times. Also, when the error is present.. I can no longer control the Cargraphic unit at all. I can't open or close the valves any longer. Wondering if I have a bad unit?

Last edited by GoCards67; 06-22-2023 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-26-2023 | 04:25 PM
IDRINKV8
Instructor

I successfully installed my Cargraphic valve controller on Friday, and I am pleased to report that I have not encountered any issues thus far. I want to express my appreciation for the exceptional assistance and pleasant experience working with Kim from Supreme. Quick observations is cold start is louder, it could be due to the combination install with Soul Performance Cat Bypass and the Cargraphic Valve Controller. As per the guidance provided, I have been following the recommendation to keep the valves closed during shutdown and subsequently opening them after ignition.
Old 06-26-2023 | 04:40 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

I wonder if the Cargraphic unit isn't able to wake up and start translating the signal quickly enough. Total conjecture on my part but that's what seems like is happening. I wonder if you turn the key to the accessory position for a second and then start the car if that would make a difference. (Of course if the vehicle cuts power to that circuit when cranking it's a moot point)

Last edited by VarTheVar; 06-26-2023 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-26-2023 | 05:16 PM
unskirted
Instructor

Originally Posted by IDRINKV8
I successfully installed my Cargraphic valve controller on Friday, and I am pleased to report that I have not encountered any issues thus far. I want to express my appreciation for the exceptional assistance and pleasant experience working with Kim from Supreme. Quick observations is cold start is louder, it could be due to the combination install with Soul Performance Cat Bypass and the Cargraphic Valve Controller. As per the guidance provided, I have been following the recommendation to keep the valves closed during shutdown and subsequently opening them after ignition.
Similar to other folks, I have not run into any issues shutting the car off with valves open. However, funny enough I ran into the error once when I followed the instructions to close the valves
Old 06-26-2023 | 07:20 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Guess I'm lucky. When I roll in with valves open and shut down it always starts valves closed. No. errors, no fuss. And homelink works too.
Old 06-26-2023 | 08:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by IDRINKV8
I don’t know how the cargraphic works, but I’m going to guess the ECU is looking for a voltage to confirm valve actuation. The CG unit is likely just reading the voltage supplied and telling the ECU “nothing to see here”, while changing the voltage to the valves to make them open further. The operation shouldn’t have anything to do with when/how you close or open your valves. If the unit is creating errors, there is likely an issue with the unit as many people, including myself have not had a single issue. I keep my valves open continuously and have only pressed the 2 button a few times. Starts with valves open, shuts down with valves open. Not a single error. I wonder if it’s a battery disconnect thing?? For those having problems, did you disconnect your bat while installing?
The following users liked this post:
Fullyield (06-27-2023)
Old 07-05-2023 | 12:26 PM
Stebbo
Rennlist Member

Mine is For Sale if any one is interested
Old 07-05-2023 | 12:48 PM
IDRINKV8
Instructor

Originally Posted by 22992
I don’t know how the cargraphic works, but I’m going to guess the ECU is looking for a voltage to confirm valve actuation. The CG unit is likely just reading the voltage supplied and telling the ECU “nothing to see here”, while changing the voltage to the valves to make them open further. The operation shouldn’t have anything to do with when/how you close or open your valves. If the unit is creating errors, there is likely an issue with the unit as many people, including myself have not had a single issue. I keep my valves open continuously and have only pressed the 2 button a few times. Starts with valves open, shuts down with valves open. Not a single error. I wonder if it’s a battery disconnect thing?? For those having problems, did you disconnect your bat while installing?
No did not disconnect the battery.
Old 07-05-2023 | 12:49 PM
IDRINKV8
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vicbastige
Guess I'm lucky. When I roll in with valves open and shut down it always starts valves closed. No. errors, no fuss. And homelink works too.
So far so good on my end.

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Valve Control Unit