Sponsored by:

Cargraphic Valve Control Unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 10:35 AM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by InTheClouds
Good point. It is zinc plated, not galvanized (so even worse than galv with respect to rust prevention). But i’ll take my chances with it though. Any moisture that may get on it should be quickly evaporated by being in the hot engine bay and all.

Would painting it with BBQ paint or exhaust paint help or not bond?
Old 06-09-2023, 12:39 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 812 Likes on 385 Posts

In the latest installment of “Florida Man”… Couldn’t wait for the dealership and did it myself. 20-30 min and EZPZ. The sound change is dramatic and I’m very pleased. thanks Supreme/Eric/Kim! Next is likely an IPE center to finish it off.
The following 3 users liked this post by Vicbastige:
SA_992SMT (06-09-2023), Scottykenneth (06-09-2023), shrimp money (06-09-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 12:42 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Vicbastige

In the latest installment of “Florida Man”… Couldn’t wait for the dealership and did it myself. 20-30 min and EZPZ. The sound change is dramatic and I’m very pleased. thanks Supreme/Eric/Kim! Next is likely an IPE center to finish it off.

Exactly what I did.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:01 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,420 Likes on 833 Posts

Originally Posted by Vicbastige

Awesone! Thank you for the kind words. Can help you w the IPE or any other brand rear section when ready.

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 06-09-2023, 02:33 PM
cassdesigns
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 20 Posts

Just got mine today,

Exactly my thoughts on using a M4 x 40mm machine screw and adding locking nut on it.

Just wondering if I actually need the "T" bracket, or can we just use the bracket supplied?
Old 06-09-2023, 05:11 PM
InTheClouds
Instructor

Received 135 Likes on 65 Posts

Quick (well not really) update:
Went to install it this afternoon with my T-brace as shown previously -- and I did NOT like the way it fit at all. So I did a different solution, but same idea with the longer M4 bolts. Using a 2.5" mending plate from Lowes (still just zinc plated):
  • The two holes which attach to the Cargraphic fit without any modification
  • The hole which would re-use the OEM torx bolt need a quick bore out with a step drill bit

Final install:

Slightly bored out hole for OE bolt

Installed onto Cargraphic

Installed onto Cargraphic

Pretty perfect fit, even has the logo going the correct orientation

The following 3 users liked this post by InTheClouds:
Fullyield (06-09-2023), SamD (06-10-2023), SA_992SMT (06-09-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 05:30 PM
InTheClouds
Instructor

Received 135 Likes on 65 Posts

Another post regarding my first test drive with it installed around town. Note that I also have the Akrapovic Ti slip-on exhaust installed and not OEM PSE. I was surprised at the roar this little 3.0 engine is capable of with these two upgrades combined.

Observations with the Cargraphic in valves open mode and in car in Sport Mode:
  • Cold start is about 20% louder (I had assumed it would make no difference here)
  • Exhaust volume is probably 50% louder when driving 1-4k RPM
  • There is noticeable drone when driving around town since it likes to hang on gears in Sport Mode, bordering annoying IMO
    • Not a deal breaker since so easy to toggle back to OEM mode (tested and drone immediately went away)
  • Mild but noticeable increase in cabin vibration as others have stated, even at idle
  • The burbles are way more pronounced
  • I am probably in minority but my butt-dyno definitely feels a very slight loss of throttle response off the line

All in all -- still very happy and would purchase again. It allows the car to sound like a true sports car when I want it to, and can easily toggle everything back to as quiet as possible.

PS: I was able to install this without lifting the car at all and I have a real XL sized head. All I needed was a large piece of cardboard to lay on, a work light, a small 90deg mini pick, and a small flat blade screw driver.

Last edited by InTheClouds; 06-09-2023 at 05:33 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by InTheClouds:
shrimp money (06-09-2023), Tobeit (06-10-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 05:42 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 218 Posts

Anyone get their GT3 HomeLink to work? I get the remote to register on the PCM HomeLink but when I go to press it on the PCM nothing works. I set up both Valves Open & Valves Closed options.
Old 06-09-2023, 08:41 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Scottykenneth
Anyone get their GT3 HomeLink to work? I get the remote to register on the PCM HomeLink but when I go to press it on the PCM nothing works. I set up both Valves Open & Valves Closed options.
I did. It may not be obvious, but when you tap the homelink for the name you created (valves open/closed in my case), hold your finger on the "name"rather than tapping the screen. Mine only works that way.
Old 06-10-2023, 12:30 AM
SA_992SMT
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

@InTheClouds thanks for the great idea! I just installed mine the same way. Just received my RhinoRamps today so I hope to do the rest tomorrow. The next mod will be the Soul Sport Cats. The ramps were primarily purchased for that swap.

Old 06-10-2023, 12:24 PM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 117 Posts

video of cold start valve open/closed GTS

I'm going to try using just the double sided tape. I fabbed up a bracket using the other stuff, painted it black with auto high temp paint but during the process (valves were already connected) I temporarily stuck it to the firewall and was surprised by how much force it required to remove it from up there. I recentered it and pressed. I drove 30 minutes last night to play around, and it was still stuck tight. I will check it daily for a few weeks and see if there's any loosening. Unlike the ribbed alternator cover, there is continuous surface bonding with the tape. If it gets loose at all I will probably remove everything and do what the other shark blue ohio gts guys are doing
The following 2 users liked this post by protamine:
nesretnika (06-12-2023), shrimp money (06-10-2023)
Old 06-10-2023, 12:51 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by protamine
video of cold start valve open/closed GTS

I'm going to try using just the double sided tape. I fabbed up a bracket using the other stuff, painted it black with auto high temp paint but during the process (valves were already connected) I temporarily stuck it to the firewall and was surprised by how much force it required to remove it from up there. I recentered it and pressed. I drove 30 minutes last night to play around, and it was still stuck tight. I will check it daily for a few weeks and see if there's any loosening. Unlike the ribbed alternator cover, there is continuous surface bonding with the tape. If it gets loose at all I will probably remove everything and do what the other shark blue ohio gts guys are doing
I would zip-tie it on along with the tape.
Old 06-10-2023, 06:19 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,367 Likes on 2,135 Posts

@protamine car sounds so rowdy in a garage during cold start with the valves open.
Old 06-10-2023, 06:40 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,521 Likes on 744 Posts

I just installed it on my IPE valved exhaust. It's...loud. cold start was loud before and now is a bit over the top. I probably will drive mostly valve closed. In sport mode and valves open it's not just louder the entire cabin drones. Good for the occasional kick, maybe car meets and such but for daily driving the IPE with OEM valve control are just the right balance for me. I will keep it installed just for the occasional kick.
I used the black bracket that came with it. Pretty straightforward.

Old 06-10-2023, 07:42 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 794 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobeit
I just installed it on my IPE valved exhaust. It's...loud. cold start was loud before and now is a bit over the top. I probably will drive mostly valve closed. In sport mode and valves open it's not just louder the entire cabin drones. Good for the occasional kick, maybe car meets and such but for daily driving the IPE with OEM valve control are just the right balance for me. I will keep it installed just for the occasional kick.
I used the black bracket that came with it. Pretty straightforward.

A lot of valved exhausts will drone with valves open all the time. Especially the ones not designed for that.
The following users liked this post:
ZacapaXO (06-10-2023)

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Valve Control Unit