Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ADMs dropping

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 12:34 AM
joshua4694
Track Day

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Need some opinions , I am first time buyer and been trying to aquire a gts allocation,went to a local dealer in southern california and im confused if im getting on a waitlist or if i have guaranteed allocation. because he cannot guarantee a adm price, but i have a limit to what im willing to pay , so i dont want to wait and get tricked into a higher price, need some help and guidance.

this is what the SA told me:

“It’s guaranteed to get you a car, I just don’t know when it will be here. As soon as we get more allocations then it’s yours.

As far as ADM, considering we don’t know what the market will be on these when come in, it’s difficult to give you an exact number and I feel like I would be doing a disservice if I did. If I tell you a certain number and the car is worth less than that when it arrives then you won’t be happy and vice versa then it’s not good business practice for us.

However, I’m comfortable saying that we will be in the $15k-$25k over range, again the market is always changing and we want to be fair to our clients, so when the allocation becomes available then we can be more specific and you can decide whether you want to move forward or not.

Does that sounds fair?”
Old 02-11-2023, 12:41 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,784 Likes on 5,144 Posts

Originally Posted by joshua4694
Need some opinions , I am first time buyer and been trying to aquire a gts allocation,went to a local dealer in southern california and im confused if im getting on a waitlist or if i have guaranteed allocation. because he cannot guarantee a adm price, but i have a limit to what im willing to pay , so i dont want to wait and get tricked into a higher price, need some help and guidance.

“It’s guaranteed to get you a car, I just don’t know when it will be here. As soon as we get more allocations then it’s yours.

As far as ADM, considering we don’t know what the market will be on these when come in, it’s difficult to give you an exact number and I feel like I would be doing a disservice if I did. If I tell you a certain number and the car is worth less than that when it arrives then you won’t be happy and vice versa then it’s not good business practice for us.

However, I’m comfortable saying that we will be in the $15k-$25k over range, again the market is always changing and we want to be fair to our clients, so when the allocation becomes available then we can be more specific and you can decide whether you want to move forward or not.

Does that sounds fair?”
It sounds like you’re not going to get an allocation until all the takers for ADMs above 25k have been taken care of.
The following users liked this post:
joshua4694 (02-11-2023)
Old 02-11-2023, 12:41 AM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 116 Posts

Does that sounds fair?”
You're being added to the waitlist. Can be next month or a year. They do not have an allocation for you. When they get one, they will offer you at MSRP + $x. If another buyer accepts ADM higher than yours, he will secure the allocation. I'd say look for another dealer. There are quite a few in Socal that are offering MSRP albeit longer waitlist.
The following 2 users liked this post by itrocks4u:
993RUF (02-11-2023), joshua4694 (02-11-2023)
Old 02-11-2023, 12:48 AM
joshua4694
Track Day

I dont mind paying a adm to guarantee a allocation slot, but of course i have a limit to what i want to pay , how would i know im getting a definite allocation rather than being put on a waitlist, im just new to this whole allocation thing.
Old 02-11-2023, 01:18 AM
JR824
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 21 Posts

Does that sounds fair?”
I am also in So Cal and had to re-enter the market after my 992S was rear ended. I’ve spoken to all the SoCal dealers and none offered a deal at MSRP. The dealership I had a relationship with was asking 10K over MSRP for an immediate T or 4S allocation. 15K over MSRP for a GTS isn’t great but seems at least reasonable “ish” given the current state of 992 inventory in SoCal.

Now to me it sounds like you’re being added to a waitlist or what Porsche dealers call an “order demand”. If they actually have an allocation for you they should be able to immediately provide you with a commission number (found on your build sheet). At least thats how I understand the process working. Hope that helps.
tmslc (02-12-2023)
Old 02-11-2023, 01:28 AM
joshua4694
Track Day

Originally Posted by JR824
I am also in So Cal and had to re-enter the market after my 992S was rear ended. I’ve spoken to all the SoCal dealers and none offered a deal at MSRP. The dealership I had a relationship with was asking 10K over MSRP for an immediate T or 4S allocation. 15K over MSRP for a GTS isn’t great but seems at least reasonable “ish” given the current state of 992 inventory in SoCal.

Now to me it sounds like you’re being added to a waitlist or what Porsche dealers call an “order demand”. If they actually have an allocation for you they should be able to immediately provide you with a commission number (found on your build sheet). At least thats how I understand the process working. Hope that helps.

Thanks for all the info !!!
Old 02-11-2023, 02:22 AM
zhecks
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
You're being added to the waitlist. Can be next month or a year. They do not have an allocation for you. When they get one, they will offer you at MSRP + $x. If another buyer accepts ADM higher than yours, he will secure the allocation. I'd say look for another dealer. There are quite a few in Socal that are offering MSRP albeit longer waitlist.
can you share or PM me on which SoCal dealers are offering MSRP on the long waitlist? I have a relationship with Beverly Porsche (bought three 911s from them) but not getting any MSRPs.
TIA
Old 02-11-2023, 01:03 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Received 753 Likes on 426 Posts

I dont mind paying a adm to guarantee a allocation slot, but of course i have a limit to what i want to pay , how would i know im getting a definite allocation rather than being put on a waitlist, im just new to this whole allocation thing.
They have a list of buyers who want that car. From what he told you, they want to get 25K over MSRP so when they get an allocation they will call buyers on their list offering it at $25K over sticker...the first one to bite will get the car. You only have a definite allocation once you agree to the exact price, and they show you a build sheet with V200 status on it.
Old 02-11-2023, 01:26 PM
Mark S
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
Boston's Grill 23 - 100 day aged prime ribeye... IYKYK
Nice choice. I like Bavette’s inside the Park MGM in Vegas. Going tonight.
toph4242 (02-11-2023)
Old 02-11-2023, 01:35 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 409 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
There are quite a few in Socal that are offering MSRP albeit longer waitlist.
Please share the “quite a few” dealerships in SoCal that are offering msrp.
Old 02-11-2023, 04:04 PM
1985Targa
Advanced

Received 116 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by slwong23
Please share the “quite a few” dealerships in SoCal that are offering msrp.
My experience in SoCal is smaller volume dealers like Santa Barbara say “we don’t charge ADM”.

But you join a wait list for a particular type (base, s, convert, gts, 4…) of allocation.
Lists are 5-10 deep for each type… and allocations are type specific…

So it occurred to it would be a long time (1.5 -2yrs+) until I might get the non ADM build from this dealership.

So i went to South Bay Porsche and coughed up ADM (felt to be in fair range for current MARKET PRICING) to get my 2023 992 C4 GTS
(build freeze Aug 2022, Delivered Jan 2023 and smiling ever since)

Last edited by 1985Targa; 02-11-2023 at 09:15 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 1985Targa:
johny221 (02-11-2023), slwong23 (02-12-2023)
Old 02-11-2023, 05:06 PM
joshua4694
Track Day

Originally Posted by 1985Targa
My experience in SoCal is smaller volume dealers like Santa Barbara say “we don’t charge ADM”.

But you join a wait list for a particular type (base, s, convert, gts, 4…) of allocation.
Lists are 5-10 deep for each type… and allocations are type specific…

So it can be a long time (1.5 -2yrs+) until you might get the non ADM build. this is what occurred to me after i got in this list…

So i went to South Bay Porsche and coughed up ADM that didn’t feel good but felt to be in fair range for MARKET PRICING to get my 2023 992 C4 GTS (build freeze Aug 2022, Delivered Jan 2023 and smiling ever since)
Yeah i think im just going to cough up the adm and just get the allocation now instead of waiting and waiting
johny221 (02-11-2023)
Old 02-11-2023, 05:54 PM
ianmSC
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

I have been asking around at virtually every Southern California Porsche dealership. There are a few that will offer MSRP on orders, but as previously mentioned, it’s a “wait list.” Even on a base Carrera. Of course, I joined one of these MSRP lists last year out of frustration with ADM’s. I inquired a few days ago and after almost exactly a year of waiting, I am 11th in line. SA said he’s “hopeful” we can get a car this year, but no guarantees. That would be approaching two years if it’s December of this year. If it happens.

Was told 12-18 months at sticker by another dealer. But that was the initial quote from the first dealer. So who knows?

The “best” I’ve been able to do otherwise is a 10k markup on an order, but would have to be a Carrera 4 or T. At least you can get a car by the summer. Other dealers have said 20k, but they don’t have any allocations anyway.

I have no idea who’s getting cars at sticker in a few months, but that legitimately does not seem possible in Southern California at this point.

What’s crazy is that I could have ordered a base at 10k over a year ago. The market has gotten much worse for cars, and the markups have stayed the same or gotten worse on 911’s. Insane.

Last edited by ianmSC; 02-11-2023 at 06:00 PM.
johny221 (02-11-2023)
Old 02-11-2023, 06:14 PM
A Nonce
Instructor

Received 181 Likes on 68 Posts

Something very weird happened to me today. I was offered a Carrera allocation at a very small discount (think 2- 4%) BELOW MSRP. I was expecting MSRP. I did not expect this and while I do think I am a good customer to this dealership I don't think I'm special.

I think that theres a strong chance that discounts on 911's will become much more common starting this spring!

Last edited by A Nonce; 02-11-2023 at 06:17 PM.
BigRed911 (02-13-2023)
Old 02-11-2023, 06:25 PM
ianmSC
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by A Nonce
Something very weird happened to me today. I was offered a Carrera allocation at a very small discount (think 2- 4%) BELOW MSRP. I was expecting MSRP. I did not expect this and while I do think I am a good customer to this dealership I don't think I'm special.

I think that theres a strong chance that discounts on 911's will become much more common starting this spring!
Where do I go to get this deal?
johny221 (02-11-2023)

Quick Reply: ADMs dropping