Sponsored by:

ADMs dropping

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 06:34 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by joshua4694
Need some opinions , I am first time buyer and been trying to aquire a gts allocation,went to a local dealer in southern california and im confused if im getting on a waitlist or if i have guaranteed allocation. because he cannot guarantee a adm price, but i have a limit to what im willing to pay , so i dont want to wait and get tricked into a higher price, need some help and guidance.

this is what the SA told me:

“It’s guaranteed to get you a car, I just don’t know when it will be here. As soon as we get more allocations then it’s yours.

As far as ADM, considering we don’t know what the market will be on these when come in, it’s difficult to give you an exact number and I feel like I would be doing a disservice if I did. If I tell you a certain number and the car is worth less than that when it arrives then you won’t be happy and vice versa then it’s not good business practice for us.

However, I’m comfortable saying that we will be in the $15k-$25k over range, again the market is always changing and we want to be fair to our clients, so when the allocation becomes available then we can be more specific and you can decide whether you want to move forward or not.

Does that sounds fair?”
I think it is fair
there is higher chance that market will cool down than heat up and the dealer is sensing that and afraid of losing customers to other dealerships .Markets are normalizing
so they are taking a more realistic approach rather than scaring customers with a high ADM number upfront and chasing them away
so they are telling you , we are willing to adjust ADM according to market in particular when you get your allocation
I think it is a smart move on their behalf and fair for you

Last edited by pitt911; 02-11-2023 at 06:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
chance6 (02-12-2023)
Old 02-11-2023, 06:35 PM
JohnnyF1ve
Racer

Received 404 Likes on 165 Posts

I dont mind paying a adm to guarantee a allocation slot, but of course i have a limit to what i want to pay , how would i know im getting a definite allocation rather than being put on a waitlist, im just new to this whole allocation thing.
You want a print out from the dealership of your build allocation with a COMMISSION NUMBER. That means to get literally an order at Porsche in your name. Not in the dealer name, not in a place holder. In your name.

Then you can say you have the allocation. Very rare for them to take it away after that point. Essentially doesn't happen as long as there was some sort of mutual agreement.

On your my Porsche account it will show your build in the app and the status as well.

Last edited by JohnnyF1ve; 02-11-2023 at 06:37 PM.
BrianFreeman (02-13-2023)
Old 02-11-2023, 06:56 PM
A Nonce
Instructor

Received 181 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by ianmSC
Where do I go to get this deal?
It's a very small dealership. I think there's a "wait list" unfortunately. I don't know how much of a difference it makes but I have bought two vehicles and traded 1 in. Additionally, I am also local. I do find it weird that others are struggling to NOT pay ADM still, forget about even a small discount below MSRP.
Old 02-11-2023, 07:32 PM
A Nonce
Instructor

Received 181 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigred911s
So you got your allocation at MSRP? Didn’t have a trade in or need to purchase a Porsche Design watch to get it at MSRP? I’m asking because my dealer, who I purchased 3 new Porsche’s form, said I need a trade in or must purchase a PD watch to get it at MSRP.
I am trading my current 992, which I got from them, (at whatever the wholesale price is). Perhaps this is the key?

A mention of a watch or other after market sales were never mentioned and never has before.

Hence why I don't think think is an amazing deal or anything but hopefully fair to all parties involved. I don't believe that I am a shrewd negotiator and instead just try to be the easiest customer to sell to (while not being a sucker).
Old 02-12-2023, 02:04 AM
meyecul
Pro

Received 379 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
There are quite a few in Socal that are offering MSRP albeit longer waitlist.
Any waitlist at msrp in So Cal is not getting anyone on that list a car for the foreseeable future unless there is some kind of very unusual circumstances. For 99%, it’s really no different than never having contacted the dealer to begin with. So Cal dealers don’t even look at those lists in the current market except when adding yet another dreamers name to it.

Last edited by meyecul; 02-12-2023 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-12-2023, 02:13 AM
Porsche992
Pro

Received 421 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I'd rather pay an ADM for a EV6 GT than a 911 at this point.
buying an EV that is not a Tesla is the dumbest move I see people do all the time.

Charging network and software.

thank me later.
The following 4 users liked this post by Porsche992:
BigRed911 (02-13-2023), catdog2 (02-12-2023), devexpert (02-12-2023), tejstar01 (02-12-2023)
Old 02-12-2023, 04:18 AM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 553 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche992
buying an EV that is not a Tesla is the dumbest move I see people do all the time.

thank me later.
I have a Taycan 4S and it is fine, easy charging at home and on the road, and free charging at work, and handles better than any Tesla
Old 02-12-2023, 09:20 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,878 Likes on 1,518 Posts

thank me later.
If you do road trips then charging network yes, the rest is a toss. Plenty of other EV's have decent software these days.
Old 02-12-2023, 09:27 AM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 174 Posts

Need some opinions , I am first time buyer and been trying to aquire a gts allocation,went to a local dealer in southern california and im confused if im getting on a waitlist or if i have guaranteed allocation. because he cannot guarantee a adm price, but i have a limit to what im willing to pay , so i dont want to wait and get tricked into a higher price, need some help and guidance.

this is what the SA told me:

“It’s guaranteed to get you a car, I just don’t know when it will be here. As soon as we get more allocations then it’s yours.

As far as ADM, considering we don’t know what the market will be on these when come in, it’s difficult to give you an exact number and I feel like I would be doing a disservice if I did. If I tell you a certain number and the car is worth less than that when it arrives then you won’t be happy and vice versa then it’s not good business practice for us.

However, I’m comfortable saying that we will be in the $15k-$25k over range, again the market is always changing and we want to be fair to our clients, so when the allocation becomes available then we can be more specific and you can decide whether you want to move forward or not.

Does that sounds fair?”

some of these dealers are just out of control, holy ****.

we all have to stop paying above ADM, full stop. no exception ... even on GT cars. there are dealers out there that do not charge above MSRP but you will have a long wait. but you will have a long wait on any new car.

Last edited by tmslc; 02-12-2023 at 09:32 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tmslc:
catdog2 (02-12-2023), FirstPorscheGT3 (02-16-2023)
Old 02-12-2023, 09:39 AM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by ianmSC
I have been asking around at virtually every Southern California Porsche dealership. There are a few that will offer MSRP on orders, but as previously mentioned, it’s a “wait list.” Even on a base Carrera. Of course, I joined one of these MSRP lists last year out of frustration with ADM’s. I inquired a few days ago and after almost exactly a year of waiting, I am 11th in line. SA said he’s “hopeful” we can get a car this year, but no guarantees. That would be approaching two years if it’s December of this year. If it happens.

Was told 12-18 months at sticker by another dealer. But that was the initial quote from the first dealer. So who knows?

The “best” I’ve been able to do otherwise is a 10k markup on an order, but would have to be a Carrera 4 or T. At least you can get a car by the summer. Other dealers have said 20k, but they don’t have any allocations anyway.

I have no idea who’s getting cars at sticker in a few months, but that legitimately does not seem possible in Southern California at this point.

What’s crazy is that I could have ordered a base at 10k over a year ago. The market has gotten much worse for cars, and the markups have stayed the same or gotten worse on 911’s. Insane.
i think i got the same quote if we are talking about the same dealer, i don't recall the name exactly but it was one in LA and they work with out of state buyers. cold call one day and said they would sell me a 992 C4 allocation slot they had open but was $10K over. i told them unless it comes with $10K in cash inside the car, no thanks!
The following 2 users liked this post by tmslc:
BigRed911 (02-13-2023), ianmSC (02-12-2023)
Old 02-12-2023, 12:26 PM
phow
Pro

Received 234 Likes on 114 Posts

Local dealer serving a large metro market previously had ADM on Turbo S at 20-30k and GT3 at 20k + watch. I wasn't interested in paying ADM on either.

Just secured MSRP allocation last month from that same dealer for Turbo S and it looks like I'll also be getting a T allocation for MSRP.

Not sure if GT3 is still commanding ADM from this dealer (I hear it still is).

The market definitely seems to be shifting a bit. IMHO there are fewer people willing to stomach current interest rates, have their money tied up in the market, and/or just aren't in a position to buy toys right now.

If you have the means to pull the trigger, now seems to be a decent time to get into stuff (cars, watches, etc) that was otherwise prohibitive due to market demand.
Old 02-12-2023, 12:50 PM
Spiffx
Pro

Received 706 Likes on 300 Posts
Default Any Houstonians in this thread?

I’ve been following this tread for some time now. I’d say about ~70-75% of all the posts on this tread are related to Cali markets, followed closely by Northeast. Wondering if there are any Houstonians following this tread. Would be great to get some market intelligence on what people are seeing around this area. Seems US markets are behaving quite differently depending on spending power.
Old 02-12-2023, 01:33 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 404 Posts

I'm local to HOU and have contributed to this thread several times. Maybe best for me to PM my detailed experience, the general theme is the same.

Here is an experience that has stuck with me, not HOU but there are parallels. I lived in AZ from '08-'10. Wanted to buy a 911, maybe 997S, or something in that range. Porsche North Scottsdale, similar to PNH, always seemed to be stacked with prime cars. Was a great place to go look, test drive, and where I met one of the kindest and honest salesperson. He understand I had limited experience and actually was interested in teaching me how to drive and use the car. He knew each model front to back. At the end he said...I know you're likely not going to buy from me, (as they were higher than everywhere else and wouldn't budge), but we would be happy to take care of you and service your car regardless. I bought a 997 turbo elsewhere and had my car serviced there several times. Always made it a point to check in with him and thank him for his support. NEVER had a bad experience with their service department - they were top notch.

I believe this level of service still exists in pockets. It's one thing to charge ADM, and apply various approaches to the sale, etc. No one likes it but sometimes that's they way it goes. However, it's when the experience is lacking that it compounds things negatively.

Originally Posted by Spiffx
I’ve been following this tread for some time now. I’d say about ~70-75% of all the posts on this tread are related to Cali markets, followed closely by Northeast. Wondering if there are any Houstonians following this tread. Would be great to get some market intelligence on what people are seeing around this area. Seems US markets are behaving quite differently depending on spending power.
Spiffx (02-12-2023)
Old 02-12-2023, 02:05 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 772 Likes on 367 Posts

It so simple maybe we all just need a refresher. ADMs, as long as there are those willing to pay them, represent the true current value of a product based on supply/demand equilibrium. They will continue until (if and when) supply and/or demand shift. Those dealers selling w/o an ADM either are in a market where demand curve is lower OR are willing to sell below actual market value for other reasons (long game with customer loyalty OR incentives offered by Porsche to do so). Suggesting one not pay the ADM in any given market and asking others to do so is a (futile) attempt to shift the demand curve. Good news is these curves are dynamic and will with certainty continue to shift. One can only hope in a way that moderates prices.

Last edited by Vicbastige; 02-12-2023 at 02:50 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Vicbastige:
catdog2 (02-12-2023), Humbucker427 (02-12-2023), Jeahbladejeah (03-28-2023), jwfrazier (05-28-2023), Nein Eleven (02-12-2023), Spiffx (02-12-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-12-2023, 02:36 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,784 Likes on 5,144 Posts

thank me later.
I don’t want to turn this into an EV sh!tshow but I have an EV6 and have yet to use a public charging network in my 1+ year of driving the car.

Of course, you do you. Feel free to continue sucking on dinosaur juice. No judgment here.
TK42ONE (02-12-2023)

Quick Reply: ADMs dropping