boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 535 Posts

thanks... had not seen that.
Old 11-29-2023, 06:44 PM
defiant2
Instructor

Received 159 Likes on 58 Posts

It's similar in direction that BMW took with the most recent M2 vs. the prior... prior had a moustache, but not so "blocky." This appears to be following the "blocky" trend as well. I miss my M2C (prior gen) and couldn't adapt to this present one.

I don't hate this like I hate the current M3 snout, but I'm not in love with it either. Time will tell. (992.1 manual T enroute and due around a month from now.)
Old 11-29-2023, 09:17 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s

ask and ye shall receive.... for the record the test cars with the horizontal grills do not have active aero.... but if you look at the detail on this bumper its pretty clear that this is basically the finished product
You know that was photoshopped, right?
Old 11-29-2023, 10:38 PM
boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 535 Posts

Nice catch... didn't look closely when he posted it. That top pic w/ the flaps closed is an edit of the photo below it.
Old 11-30-2023, 06:44 AM
Defrag
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Well, I guess all the dealers (at least in europe) pretty much know what all the engines will be.

I was at the dealer recently to talk about my order and was shown full info for all the 992.2 models, but I dont think I can share it.

All the horse power, engines and even the size of 992.2 battery. They also have info which models will come with manual transmissions (yeah, there will still be 2 options for manuals), as well as productions dates for entire range.

The battery is very small, so I dont think it should impact the weight that much if it even makes it bigger at all. The engines will be awesome, I thnk 992.1 prices will plummet fast, so if anyone is in for used 992.1 I would wait 2-3 months for new announcement.

Also turbo S had different name and will pack 700+ hp
Old 11-30-2023, 06:58 AM
Schn3ll
Burning Brakes

Received 1,101 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Defrag
Well, I guess all the dealers (at least in europe) pretty much know what all the engines will be.

I was at the dealer recently to talk about my order and was shown full info for all the 992.2 models, but I dont think I can share it.

All the horse power, engines and even the size of 992.2 battery. They also have info which models will come with manual transmissions (yeah, there will still be 2 options for manuals), as well as productions dates for entire range.

The battery is very small, so I dont think it should impact the weight that much if it even makes it bigger at all. The engines will be awesome, I thnk 992.1 prices will plummet fast, so if anyone is in for used 992.1 I would wait 2-3 months for new announcement.

Color me skeptical. He may be blowing smoke. Did they also tell you "put your deposit in now" or "pre-trade your car now to ensure you can get a base model" or "our markup is 20k but it will go up later if you don't lock in your deposit now"?

So you know the size of the battery, but don't think it should weigh much? We know roughly how most automotive batteries weigh based on their KWh.

Dealers are typically last to know, and Porsche has been tight lipped about all of this - especially because the 992.1 is still in production and allocations are still being handed out. And I doubt prices will plummet, not everyone wants a hybrid and many want a manual.

Edit: oh and if your dealer knew the real info, it would have already leaked to every automotive website by now.

Last edited by Schn3ll; 11-30-2023 at 07:00 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Schn3ll:
981KMAN (11-30-2023), RatherJaded (11-30-2023), Snareman (12-04-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 10:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 811 Likes on 434 Posts

And what exactly do you think porsche is going to do to you if you squeal? Did you sign an NDA or something?
The following 2 users liked this post by 22992:
RatherJaded (11-30-2023), Snareman (12-04-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 10:42 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,645 Likes on 941 Posts

Originally Posted by Schn3ll
Color me skeptical. He may be blowing smoke.

Yep 💯! That is instantly what I thought. Certainly take that info with a grain of salt
Old 11-30-2023, 11:45 AM
Defrag
Advanced

Originally Posted by Schn3ll
Color me skeptical. He may be blowing smoke. Did they also tell you "put your deposit in now" or "pre-trade your car now to ensure you can get a base model" or "our markup is 20k but it will go up later if you don't lock in your deposit now"?

So you know the size of the battery, but don't think it should weigh much? We know roughly how most automotive batteries weigh based on their KWh.

Dealers are typically last to know, and Porsche has been tight lipped about all of this - especially because the 992.1 is still in production and allocations are still being handed out. And I doubt prices will plummet, not everyone wants a hybrid and many want a manual.

Edit: oh and if your dealer knew the real info, it would have already leaked to every automotive website by now.
it works exactly other way than what you are thinking.

Automotive sites are the ones that actually sign nda deals with brands, and wont ever go out of line because they wont get **** for info next time and will get flooded with cease and desists . Same goes with 'spy photographers' on instagram, you ever though why they never even shown half concealed panamera/911 interior? because they have embargos and choose photos with angles where you cant see stuff that they are not supposed to show.

They show what the brands allow them to show, to make the intrest go up. Thats it.

Same with youtubers, they have all the info, interior/exterior shots with full videos and have DRIVEN the cars 3 months in advance and wont say A THING, and right when the premiere/embargo drops they have 15 minute videos ready to publish literally same second they are allowed to.

The only extra info on the internet you can find is exactly from cases like this where someone has a good connection with people that are close to the brand and know more, while not being tied by being in the said business so speaking up cant hurt their income.

As for battery, yeah thats why I said it shouldnt weight much because i saw the kwH power.

Last edited by Defrag; 11-30-2023 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-30-2023, 12:10 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Received 1,481 Likes on 541 Posts

So you know, buy you can't say, even though you didn't sign an NDA, but you're still willing to claim that 992.1 prices will crash.

Gotcha.
The following users liked this post:
Icegrill (11-30-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 12:25 PM
Schn3ll
Burning Brakes

Another manufacturer with a "small" battery for electric assist is the new C63. This has a 6.1kWh battery and it weighs 200lbs just for the battery. This does not include the electric motor weight nor the thick wires, PCB's, etc.

The total weight gain for the C63 to go from a twin turbo v8 to the new single turbo 4 cylinder with hybrid assist is about 700lbs. Batteries are only one part of the equation.

If you don't have an NDA, and are an anonymous Rennlist user, why do you spill the beans then? We won't have to wait long to see if you are proven correct or if your dealer was just making things up. Youtubers break NDA and divulge info all the time - see "TFL" who has done this many times and still has manufacturer access. By not divulging info, it draws more questions about the validity of your claims.

Old 11-30-2023, 12:28 PM
Defrag
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fishah
So you know, buy you can't say, even though you didn't sign an NDA, but you're still willing to claim that 992.1 prices will crash.

Gotcha.
i dont claim, im not a market expert, thats my opinion. but lol, you dont even have to be an expert to know old models always go down when new one is realeased, lol.

I yeah - I can say, but i dont feel like it since the information have been shared in a friendly manner with trust, and I see zero reason to break it, get zero information myself in the future and put someones job in jeopardy. For what? 5 likes on a post??

You can check my old posts, I've shared some info in the past, the engines i reported wont change. Initial info is like a year old, and no automotive site reported it yet, even as rumour, strange huh? XD

Im also pretty sure with premiere coming January/Feb, most of the automotive sites and youtubers have already driven the new variants already, and if not - they will before end of the year.
Old 11-30-2023, 12:39 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 716 Likes on 498 Posts

i dont claim, im not a market expert, thats my opinion. but lol, you dont even have to be an expert to know old models always go down when new one is realeased, lol.

I yeah - I can say, but i dont feel like it since the information have been shared in a friendly manner with trust, and I see zero reason to break it, get zero information myself in the future and put someones job in jeopardy. For what? 5 likes on a post??

You can check my old posts, I've shared some info in the past, the engines i reported wont change. Initial info is like a year old, and no automotive site reported it yet, even as rumour, strange huh? XD

Im also pretty sure with premiere coming January/Feb, most of the automotive sites and youtubers have already driven the new variants already, and if not - they will before end of the year.
Who would ever know who it was that "leaked" the information to online forums?
Old 11-30-2023, 12:43 PM
Schn3ll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kayjh
Who would ever know who it was that "leaked" the information to online forums?
And if true, it's cute to think that the dealer only told one person in confidence this secret information... And not every single person who walks in asking about the 992.2.

Salesmen are usually really good about keeping quiet about upcoming products they are going to sell that have superior features to their current products.
Old 11-30-2023, 12:49 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Received 1,455 Likes on 520 Posts

Per spikes car radio today, 992.2 will land Q4 2024. They are well connected with Porsche higher-ups and industry insiders.. They also confirmed what has been widely reported is all the 911 variants but the base will be hybrid, including GT3.

Quick Reply: 992.2 April 2024 Release