Replacement battery $2500!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2022, 11:50 PM
Laszlo_Laz
Pro

Received 333 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolwnc

Here is the car being towed!
He’s likely going to need an alignment after that haphazard tow. It’s supposed to be on a flatbed unless you wave it. Tow company will ask you this if a flatbed isn’t available. Then you’re on the hook. No pun intended.
The following users liked this post:
drcollie (08-05-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 07:06 PM
KLOC
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

In Canada, we get the lithium battery by default, with or without RWS.

There are plenty of 992’s traded in with way less than the stipulated annual km’.
The transferable factory warranty is fully intact.

As for the lithium battery … you don’t see a lot of 992’s on the road during a Canadian winter.
Many owners aren’t even in Canada during the winter.

They head South, where they keep their “winter” Porsches.

I thinking it would be rather uncomfortable for Porsche to deny warranty on Canadian GT3’s that didn’t see 23 km/day and even more uncomfortable for Porsche to deny warranty coverage of lithium batteries in cars stored as per Porsche recommendations (50 psi, charger).
Old 07-29-2022, 07:22 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 756 Posts

They deny, VW doesn't care about relationships
Old 08-05-2022, 09:57 AM
ssbn619
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

2020 C4S, RAS, lithium battery. Bought used as CPO 18 months ago and back then could sit about 5-7 days before battery would disconnect. Bought CTEK maintainer.

If not plugged in to CTEK went from 5 - 7 days to 3 or 4 days to 1 or 2 days to 10 minutes before battery disconnect. If plugged into CTEK would still disconnect after 4 or 5 days. In the meantime dealer replaced passenger seat controller (18 way) as possible culprit(?). At dealer again, battery replaced under warranty (only 2 weeks to receive) but constantly being disconnected apparently fried the TPMS module (ordered). Dealer has been very co-operative, YAY

To be continued
Old 08-05-2022, 10:44 AM
Coolwnc
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by elwademd
what was the outcome for your friend?!
The final result to this battery issue was that the Porsche dealer ( Jacksonville, FLA. ) replaced the battery and gave the owner a maintainer to put on the car when not driven. They gave him a tutorial as to how to hookup the maintainer.It took several weeks to get this solution.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:48 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Good God….No car, no battery should require being hooked up to a maintainer to last more than a few day, or even a week or two, without going dead.

Something is fundamentally wrong. Battery? Control module? Current battery/Drainage somewhere in the car?
The following 2 users liked this post by CodyBigdog:
Coolwnc (08-05-2022), KLOC (08-05-2022)
Old 08-05-2022, 10:50 AM
Coolwnc
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Good God….No car, no battery should require being hooked up to a maintainer to last more than a few day, or even a week or two, without going dead.

Something is fundamentally wrong. Battery? Control module? Current battery/Drainage somewhere in the car?
I have to agree with you!
Old 08-05-2022, 12:58 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,046 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
They deny, VW doesn't care about relationships
While they may deny you.... thaey CANNOT deny your warranty. It just won't hold up in any court and if you have yell out, "then lets go to court..." then that is how you combat Porsche and their boloney. They make millions off denying warranty claims because the owners don't know better than to push back, and that is not the owner fault, they just trust they are in good hands when they buy an expensive car. But they are not, and I went through it when dealing with Porsche on my GT3RS.... I just stated "ok if you won't cover this under warranty we'll go to court..." they called back in 30 minutes and said they will be fixing the car. This was an issue with the car being stuck and not moving with the emergency brake stuck on, then blaming it on an our aftermarket Antigravity Lithium Battery. It was a proposterous argument to say the battery ruined a sensor and I knew better being in this industry so I was lucky enough to be able to argue it and say its impossible and why and was ready to fight them in court.

Having to drive a certain amount would also not hold up in court or arbitration.... you could simply say... "I had it on a maintainer,..." you don't have to DRIVE a Car to maintain the battery. Its such a weak and silly statement on their part and would get blown out of the water with a simple easy argument like putting it on a maintainer. Anyway good luck to any who get that horrendous treatment and untruths from Porsche, or any of these manufacturers. Its just how the game works, you have to be a jerk back to them. Its gross.

Last edited by Antigravity; 08-05-2022 at 09:06 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Antigravity:
detansinn (08-08-2022), KLOC (08-05-2022), SamD (08-05-2022)
Old 08-05-2022, 07:28 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,907 Likes on 1,535 Posts

exactly! They should be able to sit for weeks and fire back up. This whole ‘needs to be on a battery maintainer’ thing with Porsches is just, well, weird.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:55 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by aggie57
exactly! They should be able to sit for weeks and fire back up. This whole ‘needs to be on a battery maintainer’ thing with Porsches is just, well, weird.

You getting excited for the 68HP bump, to 476HP, OTA? This fall.

I am.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 08-05-2022 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:13 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,367 Likes on 1,533 Posts

I have no issues with batteries in my three newer Porsches, at all. That includes my 992 S with RWS and the Li Po batteries that sit for several weeks, no Maintainer needed.

the only cars I know of that perpetually need to be on Chargers are Ferraris, they don’t appear to spec very robust OEM batteries and it’s a constant issue for the guys on Ferrari Chat.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:14 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

You getting excited for the 68HP bump, to 476HP, OTA? This fall.

I am.
I’m getting excited for the car arriving end of this month, it says August 22nd arrival so I guess we’ll get it 1-2 weeks after that. Once I have it for a while I’ll decide on the power increase; 300Kw seems plenty for what we’ll use the car for but never say never!

Amazing though that we can swipe the CC and get an extra 50Kw/70 odd hp. No chips, no workshop visit, no new parts at all.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:24 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by aggie57
I’m getting excited for the car arriving end of this month, it says August 22nd arrival so I guess we’ll get it 1-2 weeks after that. Once I have it for a while I’ll decide on the power increase; 300Kw seems plenty for what we’ll use the car for but never say never!

Amazing though that we can swipe the CC and get an extra 50Kw/70 odd hp. No chips, no workshop visit, no new parts at all.

Yes, these OTA power bumps is a hoot. A whole new experience, for sure. No hardware, no having to take it to the dealership or a 3rd party tuner…very cool.

As far as whether the bump is needed - it’s not. the car is already blistering quick. But my motto has always been: You can never have enough power…or money… well, you can fill in the blanks….

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 08-05-2022 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:27 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,367 Likes on 1,533 Posts

One thing I have learned over many years of enthusiast car ownership is there is no free lunch. 70 Hp isn’t just laying around to be unlocked with a small payment. If it were that easy, Porsche would do it. There are always hidden costs to hot-rodding, that will show up later on in some manner. Maybe it’s an early transmission failure, maybe it’s a dynamic engine mount that gives it up, or a head gasket lets go from too much turbo.

I'm all for having fun and going for it. But if something goes south, man up and don’t be a warranty whiner, or come here to complain how Porsche screwed you over because something failed on the car after the mods. Wear your Big Boy pants and suck it up.

The following users liked this post:
jtsrenn (08-05-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 01:17 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drcollie
One thing I have learned over many years of enthusiast car ownership is there is no free lunch. 70 Hp isn’t just laying around to be unlocked with a small payment. If it were that easy, Porsche would do it. There are always hidden costs to hot-rodding, that will show up later on in some manner. Maybe it’s an early transmission failure, maybe it’s a dynamic engine mount that gives it up, or a head gasket lets go from too much turbo.

I'm all for having fun and going for it. But if something goes south, man up and don’t be a warranty whiner, or come here to complain how Porsche screwed you over because something failed on the car after the mods. Wear your Big Boy pants and suck it up.
we’re talking EV’s here. Most certainly there is a fully warranted 70hp available for a small payment.

Quick Reply: Replacement battery $2500!