Old 09-02-2021, 11:45 AM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,564 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain P
Going to the website has this disclaimer

While I understand the disclaimer, for the price asked $2500, there are a few question I think some of us would like answered from Jason directly to help inform purchase.
  1. Can this be detected by a dealer/Or anyone looking? Someone else answered "yea if they know what they are looking for" But would like to know form you Jason.
  2. What are the potential issues we can run into flashing?
    1. Following up - If we run into issues following your directions to flash, what options do we have? Are we on our own?
  3. Per # 1Does this affect CARB for us in California?
    1. Have any supporting data if it doesn't/does?
Hey Captain,

1. M-Tuner has an Uninstall feature which puts the mapping back to stock and will also report and verify that your CALID and CVN are stock. In our experience, we have not had any cases of a dealer or inspection station detecting a modified ECU with M-Tuner uninstalled and the car returned to a stock state.
2. M-Tuner comes equipped with ability to recover the ECU in the rare event that the flash process fails. The majority of flashing issues result from low battery voltage, bumping the installation cable causing it to disconnect, or walking away with the key. M-Tuner also has safeguards written into the software that doesn't allow for a flash process to move forward if the vehicle's battery voltage is too low, or if your PC battery is low. In the rare chance you do have a flash issue, we offer support and can walk you through the steps to recover the ECU if this happens.
3. For those concerned about CARB compliance, as mentioned in the first response, M-Tuner allows you to go back to stock with CALID and CVN verified as stock.

-M
The following users liked this post:
kgb_kgb (04-24-2022)
Old 09-02-2021, 04:27 PM
Captain P
Rennlist Member

Received 549 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by M Engineering
Hey Captain,

1. M-Tuner has an Uninstall feature which puts the mapping back to stock and will also report and verify that your CALID and CVN are stock. In our experience, we have not had any cases of a dealer or inspection station detecting a modified ECU with M-Tuner uninstalled and the car returned to a stock state.
2. M-Tuner comes equipped with ability to recover the ECU in the rare event that the flash process fails. The majority of flashing issues result from low battery voltage, bumping the installation cable causing it to disconnect, or walking away with the key. M-Tuner also has safeguards written into the software that doesn't allow for a flash process to move forward if the vehicle's battery voltage is too low, or if your PC battery is low. In the rare chance you do have a flash issue, we offer support and can walk you through the steps to recover the ECU if this happens.
3. For those concerned about CARB compliance, as mentioned in the first response, M-Tuner allows you to go back to stock with CALID and CVN verified as stock.

-M
Thanks for responding. Should I translate #3 as it is not carb compliant? Granted it is reversible?
Old 09-02-2021, 07:04 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Captain P
Thanks for responding. Should I translate #3 as it is not carb compliant? Granted it is reversible?
Right now you'll need to flash back to stock which the M-Tuner software can handle.

-M
Old 09-03-2021, 05:01 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

As we finish off our second week since releasing M-Tuner for the 9x2 cars, I wanted to thank everyone here for the support, questions, and feedback. We're getting some fast cars out there in the wild now. Can't wait to see more from y'all!

-M
The following 2 users liked this post by M Engineering:
kgb_kgb (04-24-2022), Tanqueray86 (09-03-2021)
Old 09-03-2021, 05:13 PM
SBAD
Pro

Received 708 Likes on 278 Posts

As we finish off our second week since releasing M-Tuner for the 9x2 cars, I wanted to thank everyone here for the support, questions, and feedback. We're getting some fast cars out there in the wild now. Can't wait to see more from y'all!

-M
I’m curious, do you formally follow up with your customers to gauge their satisfaction and get feedback? And if so, how often? That data would go a long way for product development as well as gain trust from potential customers like myself. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2021, 05:46 PM
HashTag
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

-M
Thanks Mitch!

Outstanding work! Very happy with the tune and the overall process. I've been at my dealership for service in the meantime and they also liked it very much.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:37 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SBAD
I’m curious, do you formally follow up with your customers to gauge their satisfaction and get feedback? And if so, how often? That data would go a long way for product development as well as gain trust from potential customers like myself. Thanks.
Great question! Especially with a new product release like M-Tuner, it's important for us to frequently reach out to our clients and get responses (good or bad) regarding product satisfaction, ease of installation, and after-sales support. Having the ability to datalog with M-Tuner allows our follow-ups to include vehicle log reviews so we can see how everything is performing and reacting. As our product is out on the market longer and longer, we'll certainly have more track and dragy feedback as well.

Originally Posted by HashTag
Thanks Mitch!

Outstanding work! Very happy with the tune and the overall process. I've been at my dealership for service in the meantime and they also liked it very much.
Great to hear, enjoy!!
The following 2 users liked this post by M Engineering:
peterdouglas (09-20-2021), SBAD (09-07-2021)
Old 09-03-2021, 06:56 PM
RazzleDazzle
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 31 Posts

As a customer of M-Engineering for the last few weeks I’ve heard from Mitch a number of times so super impressed with the customer support.
Old 09-06-2021, 04:29 PM
bigbowz
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

do you have any 0-60 pre and post tunes on the C2 ? Would be very interested in that. With chrono.

thx

Here at M-Engineering we are excited to introduce the M-Tuner Suite for the Porsche 992 Carrera and

Carrera S! The M-Tuner suite allows you to OBD flash your car in the comfort of your garage or shop without removal of the ECU. Our software also features the ability to read and clear faults, datalogging, view live data, and flash back to stock at your convenience. Please feel welcome to email info@m-engineering.us for more information or place an order.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:27 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RazzleDazzle
As a customer of M-Engineering for the last few weeks I’ve heard from Mitch a number of times so super impressed with the customer support.

Originally Posted by bigbowz
do you have any 0-60 pre and post tunes on the C2 ? Would be very interested in that. With chrono.

thx
We don't normally advertise 0-60 speeds and a number of other metrics, as there are so many variables to factor. Tire compound, tire size, tire pressure, air density, temperature, slope angle, humidity, wind speed, are just a few examples of what can drastically change these numbers from car to car. I'm sure we have a few customers that may want to chime in with their experience and times though.

-M
The following users liked this post:
SBAD (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 03:04 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 920 Likes on 485 Posts

I know I'll be very happy if there are some people out there getting mid 10's and 130 mph trap speeds on otherwise stock cars!
Old 09-14-2021, 05:24 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Let us know if you guys and gals have any questions about M-Tuner for the Carrera that we can help answer for you!

-M
Old 09-14-2021, 06:02 PM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

Waiting for my Windows 10 Dell laptop to arrive so I’ll be ready to go. One question for you. I have Soul sport cats and Soul valved exhaust along with BMI filters. Will I need to put the car on a dyno for an accurate data log, or is this close enough to stock to install what you have already developed?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2021, 06:09 PM
westsiderkg
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 90 Posts

MT, I understand Porsche, at the factory, tests all 911 motors prior to installing. Do you have any recommendations or evidence regarding how many miles or heat cycles should ideally be placed onto a new engine prior to tuning for optimization, efficiency, and longevity of the components? Thanks.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:09 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by got2go
Waiting for my Windows 10 Dell laptop to arrive so I’ll be ready to go. One question for you. I have Soul sport cats and Soul valved exhaust along with BMI filters. Will I need to put the car on a dyno for an accurate data log, or is this close enough to stock to install what you have already developed?

Thanks
Awesome, those are great mods for Stage 2. You do not need to be on a dyno for datalogging, you can do this in the street.

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
MT, I understand Porsche, at the factory, tests all 911 motors prior to installing. Do you have any recommendations or evidence regarding how many miles or heat cycles should ideally be placed onto a new engine prior to tuning for optimization, efficiency, and longevity of the components? Thanks.
We recommend waiting until the factory break-in period prescribed by your dealer is complete. Each Porsche model has different break in procedures, so be sure to follow up with your dealer on what you need to follow. For example, I remember some Carrera 4 owners needing 1,875 miles for breakin, while the Turbo may have more miles. Ask your dealer, they will know
That being said, we've seen owners install tunes before right off the dealer lot with no issue. These motors are pretty bullet proof.

-M

Last edited by M Engineering; 09-15-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera OBD Flashing