Sponsored by:

GT3 Side Skirts on C2?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 04:15 PM
Autobacs
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Tkim
I have it on my Gt Silver car but have the classic wheels.
I think it looks fine not painted. Plus I don't want to deal with rock chips.
Hi, can you post a pic of your car with the skirts shown. I have classic wheels w GT Silver and would like to see what it looks like. Thanks
Old 05-06-2022, 05:17 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,512 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by getPorscheSilverSpringParts
We offer them in our 992 Exterior section here!

Porsche Part #s 9GT-854-885-OK1 and 9GT-854-886-OK1
I've been told a new shipment is being checked in, so some open orders should be shipping asap!
Just got notice that my set has been shipped!! That's best news for the weekend!
Old 05-06-2022, 05:34 PM
xs2k
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobeit
Just got notice that my set has been shipped!! That's best news for the weekend!
Hi, when did you placed the order?
Old 05-06-2022, 05:45 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by xs2k
Hi, when did you placed the order?
4/17
The following users liked this post:
xs2k (05-12-2022)
Old 05-06-2022, 05:48 PM
getPorscheSilverSpringParts
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by xs2k
Awesome! Just ordered. Hopefully the wait is not too long.
Thanks so much - we'll get 'em out as soon as they arrive!

Shop & SAVE on Genuine OEM Porsche Parts, Accessories & Driver's Selection!
Contact Us · Shop Audi & BMW Parts too!

Old 05-14-2022, 09:28 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Side skirts came in - it was worth the wait. Super easy to install too. Kept them as-is as they match the Matt plastic all around. So for now it stays like that.

The following 6 users liked this post by Tobeit:
Fcassells (05-19-2022), getPorscheSilverSpringParts (05-16-2022), mdrobc1213 (05-17-2022), michaelp (06-11-2022), RolandT (05-15-2022), Vista6019 (05-16-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-14-2022, 11:27 PM
n0odlez714
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 22 Posts

If anyone is interested in a Pair of the Brand New never opens GT3 side 992

skirts let me know, I bought a pair for my friend but he ended going a different route. It’s factory OEM.

pm me for price or text me for pick up

714-726-1621

location in Garden grove California

here is a pic of the same sideskirts on my car,
yours will be brand new
Old 05-16-2022, 05:56 PM
getPorscheSilverSpringParts
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobeit
Side skirts came in - it was worth the wait. Super easy to install too. Kept them as-is as they match the Matt plastic all around. So for now it stays like that.

They look great!!

Tobeit (05-19-2022)
Old 05-17-2022, 06:52 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 832 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.1 Guy
I've had mine on for a few thousand miles now and I think they are really helping to minimize the pelting of debris on the rear fenders.
I think so too...look great also! I went ahead and did the Sports PASM lip as well to complete the look! .
Old 05-17-2022, 09:29 AM
norcalccd
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice added touch. Anyone have these on a Guard Red C2?
Old 05-18-2022, 04:19 AM
kgb_kgb
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Okay just finished install on my 21’ 992 in Chalk and must say nice constraint unpainted I think aa painted would kinda stick our way too much and without a full aero kit to supplement it would look odd. They are definitely more pronounced that the basic non-sport dynamic ones avail but cheaper too for some reason also. Would keep them as is like prior black ABS plastic ones I just removed tho. So far I like it unpainted. Definitely should protect a bit I think from rock chips given the flare as others have mentioned.

Overall Install was easy using prior posts and longest part is jacking the car up and placing it on ramps for me. Jack stands didn’t have proper mount posts so used ramps instead to no ill effect. Plenty of clearance to get to torx screw mounting points. Just pull hard and OEM skirts will detach as clips..gently and firmly not to break anything once all screws are removed and start front and work your way to the back. Only issue I had was installation of GT3 skirts as I didn’t do the same and go front to rear when pushing back in..so had one or two clips which were not fully aligned and had to remove and start over one or two times. Also make sure new skirt tucks into/under edge of body underpanels..if not then the large 7 mounting screws won’t full seat and when your try to put them in they’ll just fall out. That happened for about five mins before checking the alignment (should go in with slot perpendicular to the car and turn with slot of flat head screwdriver aligned with the car). If not fully tucked in though into the inner edge then those plastic slot attachment point won’t be flush to the bottom of the skirt and will just fall out at the inner flange won’t catch. Figured it out and got em all in fine…when alighned you actually will feel a bit of resistance as you push the plastic screws in prior to your rotating them to lock them in place. Other piece of advice is to do inner two torx screws on rear in 1st then do outter one (don’t confuse them either as they are slightly shorter than the other one) and make sure the fender liners on both front and rear are properly tucked in. Tightened up one or two only to have to loosen them to realign the liner and ensure it was properly tucked in.

Otherwise that is it..took me about 45 mins but they was taking my time and using a creeper (not needed) and drinking a flavored water with a break or two and also repacking the old skirts (they can both fit in one of the shipping boxes stacked and using foam from both for protection for storage BTW).

Only other thing I did do was to put a layer of Sonax Rubber Black Protector on each after install as I can see depending where you live and your cleaning washing habits that they will get that grayish/dirty look over time as you drive if not protected and cleaned just like the rear valence and other black plastic parts of the car I’ve noted. Probably a bit more so since they do protrude a bit more thus when dirty will be more visible to others. Subtle but a bit more aggressive! Now If U could get better then in CArbon Fiber to match my OEM mirrors man…but I’d worry bout chips and road damage for sure esp IF I had a SPASM car.

Great post otherwise and thanks to those who led the way for us with this

GT3 OEM skirts shipping packaging opened

Before install

Part number left

Part number right

Jack to Wheel ramp=easy clearance to get to side skirt torx and attachment point/screws

Detach from front. Note clips and mount screws visible

OEM skirt screw holders. Push off with flat head or x-knife to remove.

Side rear mounting/attachment points.

Side front mounting/attachment points.

Remounted screw clips on GT3 skirts.

Do NOT break off these clips at the protruded part. Bend down like so. They provide structure to the GT3 skirts when installed at mounting points. See next pic.

Mounting points bent down and snapped into bottom holder flange. Reinforces the GT3 side skirts at mount points.

Fully aligned clip attachment points again.

Small torx ratchet worked fine. Do inner ones first when reinstalling to help final alignment.

Sonar Black Rubber Protector worked well.

Driver side done. Does flare a bit.

GT3 Side skirts Driver side oblique closer view.

Final view - GT3 skirts. Matches black contrast on car w/Chalk exterior well IMHO.
cheap and easy DITY mod that should have come as an option from Porsche at delivery man! Now to get a short shifter in my manual! That is next..not that the one from Porsche is bad but has one done in my 2014 Cayman S from the GT4 and it was the BEST mod I did on that car I think! So far havent seen the GTS shifter avail at Suncoast tho! 😏

can you share the part number or link so I can order a set too 🙏🏼😀

anyone ?

juts click on a link and use around USD 219 a side .

Last edited by kgb_kgb; 05-18-2022 at 04:52 AM.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:49 AM
null
Rennlist Member

Received 467 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by kgb_kgb
can you share the part number or link so I can order a set too 🙏🏼😀
Two things:

First: The part numbers have been posted in this very thread, a number of times:
  • 9GT-854-886-OK1
  • 9GT-854-885-OK1
Second: when replying, you can omit the images from the post you're replying to - makes it easier to read the threads, and find information (like part numbers, wink wink).

Enjoy the skirts when you get them!

Fcassells (05-19-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 10:16 PM
Fcassells
Instructor

Received 220 Likes on 93 Posts

Such a great addition, Actually a very satisfying installation with the esthetic change. here’s mine in the sun, it’s hard to get the sense of It IRL.

The following 3 users liked this post by Fcassells:
AlterZgo (05-19-2022), porscheprestige (08-30-2022), ZacapaXO (10-04-2023)
Old 05-19-2022, 10:34 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,970 Likes on 798 Posts

Originally Posted by Fcassells
Such a great addition, Actually a very satisfying installation with the esthetic change. here’s mine in the sun, it’s hard to get the sense of It IRL.
With all the black lower bits on a GTS, the GT3 side skirts looks especially good. Nice job!
Fcassells (05-19-2022)
Old 05-20-2022, 01:11 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by reddsektor
Some better shots since last night’s install

Picking up on an older post - I see you have the moshammer diffuser. Did you paint it or is the finish unpainted matching the bumper and sideskirt plastic? How was the install? I am about to order one of these.

Quick Reply: GT3 Side Skirts on C2?