Sponsored by:

GT3 Side Skirts on C2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 12:39 PM
Autobacs
Racer

Received 161 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Okay just finished install on my 21’ 992 in Chalk and must say nice constraint unpainted I think aa painted would kinda stick our way too much and without a full aero kit to supplement it would look odd. They are definitely more pronounced that the basic non-sport dynamic ones avail but cheaper too for some reason also. Would keep them as is like prior black ABS plastic ones I just removed tho. So far I like it unpainted. Definitely should protect a bit I think from rock chips given the flare as others have mentioned.

Overall Install was easy using prior posts and longest part is jacking the car up and placing it on ramps for me. Jack stands didn’t have proper mount posts so used ramps instead to no ill effect. Plenty of clearance to get to torx screw mounting points. Just pull hard and OEM skirts will detach as clips..gently and firmly not to break anything once all screws are removed and start front and work your way to the back. Only issue I had was installation of GT3 skirts as I didn’t do the same and go front to rear when pushing back in..so had one or two clips which were not fully aligned and had to remove and start over one or two times. Also make sure new skirt tucks into/under edge of body underpanels..if not then the large 7 mounting screws won’t full seat and when your try to put them in they’ll just fall out. That happened for about five mins before checking the alignment (should go in with slot perpendicular to the car and turn with slot of flat head screwdriver aligned with the car). If not fully tucked in though into the inner edge then those plastic slot attachment point won’t be flush to the bottom of the skirt and will just fall out at the inner flange won’t catch. Figured it out and got em all in fine…when alighned you actually will feel a bit of resistance as you push the plastic screws in prior to your rotating them to lock them in place. Other piece of advice is to do inner two torx screws on rear in 1st then do outter one (don’t confuse them either as they are slightly shorter than the other one) and make sure the fender liners on both front and rear are properly tucked in. Tightened up one or two only to have to loosen them to realign the liner and ensure it was properly tucked in.

Otherwise that is it..took me about 45 mins but they was taking my time and using a creeper (not needed) and drinking a flavored water with a break or two and also repacking the old skirts (they can both fit in one of the shipping boxes stacked and using foam from both for protection for storage BTW).

Only other thing I did do was to put a layer of Sonax Rubber Black Protector on each after install as I can see depending where you live and your cleaning washing habits that they will get that grayish/dirty look over time as you drive if not protected and cleaned just like the rear valence and other black plastic parts of the car I’ve noted. Probably a bit more so since they do protrude a bit more thus when dirty will be more visible to others. Subtle but a bit more aggressive! Now If U could get better then in CArbon Fiber to match my OEM mirrors man…but I’d worry bout chips and road damage for sure esp IF I had a SPASM car.

Great post otherwise and thanks to those who led the way for us with this

Thanks for being thorough. Best install thread. Your car looks great. It almost seems that having the ability to put them on and swap them back to stock is a nice set of options. When you want that aggressive track look put them on, and then when you want that country club look, put back the stock. I know you have taken so many photos and did all this work but wondering if you can take one more pic.......can you take one from the front angle. Would appreciate a view with the front black grill and black spoiler and the skirts together. Thanks again and to everyone pitching in and getting us all up on this option.
Old 02-21-2022, 10:25 AM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,462 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Got mine fitted last week, and it was nice enough on Saturday to snap a few quick cellphone pics.

The following 3 users liked this post by tourenwagen:
Autobacs (02-21-2022), dhirm5 (02-21-2022), Schwarz992C4S (05-14-2022)
Old 02-21-2022, 03:41 PM
spitzbub3
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Painted version & more pics of crayon cars

I found two pictures of painted GT3 side skirts of the Touring. Maybe this give a good impression.
Still I would be interested to see if anyone else will paint them, especially on a crayon/chalk car. Also, anyone who applies them in plastic/black on a crayon or white car, please add more pictures.
Thanks

The following 2 users liked this post by spitzbub3:
AlterZgo (02-21-2022), SAlexander (09-06-2022)
Old 02-21-2022, 03:44 PM
spitzbub3
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Please add more pictures.
Old 02-21-2022, 04:38 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by Autobacs
Thanks for being thorough. Best install thread. Your car looks great. It almost seems that having the ability to put them on and swap them back to stock is a nice set of options. When you want that aggressive track look put them on, and then when you want that country club look, put back the stock. I know you have taken so many photos and did all this work but wondering if you can take one more pic.......can you take one from the front angle. Would appreciate a view with the front black grill and black spoiler and the skirts together. Thanks again and to everyone pitching in and getting us all up on this option.
Here is a front side view. Kinda dark but hope that helps.

garage side view front
Old 02-21-2022, 07:14 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,995 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by spitzbub3
I found two pictures of painted GT3 side skirts of the Touring. Maybe this give a good impression.
Thanks. I think the two pictures you posted shows that they do not look out of place even when painted. They do not stick out too far or look too aggressive.
Old 02-21-2022, 11:24 PM
aquanaut
Racer

Received 143 Likes on 83 Posts

Few additional parking lot pics.

The following 5 users liked this post by aquanaut:
AlterZgo (02-22-2022), Autobacs (10-12-2022), mdrobc1213 (02-22-2022), RolandT (09-10-2023), WheelsB (02-24-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 12:29 AM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,995 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by aquanaut
Few additional parking lot pics.
Thanks. Your pictures are great and the car looks fantastic! The black GT3 side skirts match the black front lip perfectly. Your black roof and HRE tinted rims ties everything together very cohesively. Compared to the GT3 touring picture w/ painted side skirts and painted diffuser, your car looks better. The GT3 almost looks like a transformer or something w/ that painted rear diffuser. If I had a GT3, I think I'd leave the diffuser and sideskirts black.
The following users liked this post:
mdrobc1213 (02-22-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 11:43 PM
aquanaut
Racer

Received 143 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Thanks. Your pictures are great and the car looks fantastic! The black GT3 side skirts match the black front lip perfectly. Your black roof and HRE tinted rims ties everything together very cohesively. Compared to the GT3 touring picture w/ painted side skirts and painted diffuser, your car looks better. The GT3 almost looks like a transformer or something w/ that painted rear diffuser. If I had a GT3, I think I'd leave the diffuser and sideskirts black.
Thank you! Agree on your points re: the GT3 posted above. I tend to prefer light colors with contrasting trim (hence the mix of black bits on my Chalk car).
Old 02-23-2022, 06:30 PM
getPorscheSilverSpringParts
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

For those interested, we have these Genuine Porsche 992 GT3 side skirts available in our 992 Section here, under the Exterior tab.

Genuine Porsche Part #s:
9GT-854-885-OK1, left side
9GT-854-886-OK1, right side

We've re-opened them for ordering, but they're back-ordered at the moment (as of 2/23/22) - we'll ship new orders the moment Porsche sends us new stock and in the order in which they're received.

The less aggressive SportDesign Aero Side Skirt Set is also available there.

Shop & SAVE on Genuine OEM Porsche Parts, Accessories & Driver's Selection!
Contact Us · Shop Audi & BMW Parts too!

Last edited by getPorscheSilverSpringParts; 02-23-2022 at 06:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
kgb_kgb (05-19-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 09:23 AM
aw305
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 39 Posts

riding dirty
The following 6 users liked this post by aw305:
AlterZgo (02-24-2022), dhirm5 (02-24-2022), mdrobc1213 (02-27-2022), TheGooch (02-27-2022), tourenwagen (02-24-2022), WheelsB (02-24-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-26-2022, 06:18 PM
brockbr
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Install Notes

Just picked up my gt3 sideskirts from Suncoast (I live in sw fl) and installed them yesterday.

1) Not necessary to lift: I figured I'd try the install without lifting the car or putting it on ramps. No problem at all ... Took a total of 10 minutes a side with the car on the ground.

2) Tip #1: Align the white side clips ahead of time. You'll understand this when you see them.

3) Tip #2: Set the rear first then work forward ... There's more complication on the rear overlaps than the front.

4) Tip #3: When putting the bottom push-pin/clips back in, make sure the skirt is seated under the plastic lip inboard and use the tip of your finger, inserted into the white clip, to center it and get it to pop into place. Push the pin straight up with the slot oriented front to back and it will lightly snap into place (you'll hear a positive lock).

5) Use: You'll bang your achilles on the new skirt a few times before you remember it's there when getting in/out.
The following 4 users liked this post by brockbr:
AlterZgo (02-26-2022), APEX GT3 (12-17-2022), JJPM (03-02-2022), mdrobc1213 (02-27-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 01:25 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
I think it would work well leaving it matte black, but what happened to your matte black front lower lip? Did you remove it? Matte black side skirts would match up with that front lip on standard Carrera S models.
Originally Posted by BlitzedTT
Looks like he may have the lip of a Non-SPASM car.

A "SPASM lip" would probably go well with the matte skirts like you mentioned.
Originally Posted by BlitzedTT
Unfortunately, you are not thinking correctly - at least for the standard bumper (ie. non-sport design)

Non-SPASM Lip:

SPASM Lip:
Originally Posted by getPorscheparts
For those interested, we have these Genuine Porsche 992 GT3 side skirts available in our 992 Section here, under the Exterior tab.

Genuine Porsche Part #s:
9GT-854-885-OK1, left side
9GT-854-886-OK1, right side

We've re-opened them for ordering, but they're back-ordered at the moment (as of 2/23/22) - we'll ship new orders the moment Porsche sends us new stock and in the order in which they're received.

The less aggressive SportDesign Aero Side Skirt Set is also available there.

Great but WTH are the Areo Skirt set like x2 the price of the GT3 ones? Can't understand this part...although its been previously mentioned.
Old 03-01-2022, 03:59 PM
getPorscheSilverSpringParts
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Great but WTH are the Areo Skirt set like x2 the price of the GT3 ones? Can't understand this part...although its been previously mentioned.
No idea why Porsche prices those as they do - we just try to discount them as much as possible.

From above, these seem to pair nicely with the 'SPASM' front lip spoiler we also offer here. (Porsche part # 992-807-100-B-OK1)
Old 03-02-2022, 11:44 AM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,462 Likes on 1,214 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by tourenwagen:
dhirm5 (03-02-2022), Schwarz992C4S (06-14-2022)

Quick Reply: GT3 Side Skirts on C2?